Seeking Sponsors for 2012 AIDS Walk Los Angeles

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

dr
Drum Major
Drum Major

Seeking Sponsors for 2012 AIDS Walk Los Angeles

Post by dr » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:15 am

September 15, 2012

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Can YOU Help?

On Sunday, October 14 I will participate in the 28th AIDS Walk Los Angeles. This marks my 26th consecutive year supporting this cause. I will once again be working at the totaling tables during the sign-in period and then help with the final totaling after the walk is completed.

This event directly benefits AIDS Project Los Angeles and its efforts to provide services to people living with HIV and AIDS and educate others about this horrible disease and how to avoid it.

It has been more than 30 years since the first reports of AIDS in late 1980. Much progress has been made in recent years toward the development of a vaccine and the development of new medications to treat HIV infection, but HIV remains incurable and the current medications are not working for everyone. Many patients experience devastating side effects from the toxic medications themselves, even though they are free from AIDS-related symptoms. Significant populations throughout the world and even in this country either don’t have access to these medications or cannot afford them.

Since its inception, AIDS Walk Los Angeles has raised over $72 million for HIV programs and services throughout Los Angeles County and beyond, and has grown into one of the largest AIDS fundraising events in the country. In 2011 over 30,000 walkers and volunteers, many of whom were members of 1,600 corporate and community teams raised over $3,000,000 for AIDS Project Los Angeles (APLA) and over a dozen other AIDS service organizations. My personal goal again this year is to raise $1,000.

How Can YOU Help?
• Make a tax-deductible sponsor donation of any amount you can afford. Some walkers bring in the change in their pockets.
• Check to see if your company offers matching gifts to multiply your donation.
• Forward this appeal to someone else you know who might want to help.

CREDIT CARD–If you have internet access you can make your donation as my sponsor with a credit card over a secure server at my AIDS Walk personal web page. Simply go to this link:

http://awla2012.kintera.org/faf/donorRe ... d=91332257

CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS–should be made out to AIDS Walk Los Angeles or AWLA. If you would prefer, you may make the check payable to me and I will submit your donation anonymously and provide you with a receipt upon request.

On October 14 I will turn in all the donations I received to date; but please don’t hesitate to forward a donation after that date. I usually get a few donations after the walk and I get credit for any I submit before November 13.
Thanks in advance,

Dennis
gmuaddib@gmail.com
Attachments
awla-12-logo164x201.jpg
awla-12-logo164x201.jpg (62.92 KiB) Viewed 9341 times
AWLAsigline.jpg
AWLAsigline.jpg (4.81 KiB) Viewed 9317 times
Semper Musicus
800M miles/hour! It's the law!