Unbelievable Euphonium solos

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Thu May 29, 2003 8:58 am

I haven't really taken the time to listen to that one. Plus, my director stole the CD from me to listen to :? , and he won't give it back. I will listen to it once I get the CD back, but I also love the Variations on America. That is a cool...I don't know what o call it...Melody? I think?
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:32 pm

You know what rocks? That euphonium solo in the trio of "The Melody Shop" by Karl King. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:37 pm

euphman wrote:
Trumpet Man 05 wrote:You know what rocks? That euphonium solo in the trio of "The Melody Shop" by Karl King. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
That trio sounds hard.
It's absolutely murderous. But TM5 is right, it's awesome, awesome, awesome. The Melody Shop is definitely not a march for amateurs, though, it'd be a challenge in concert for even the top flight band programs.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:53 pm

euphman wrote:the Air Force band plays it real nice.
Yeah, well the military bands tend to be just a LITTLE bit better than average. ;)

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:16 pm

One time I saw the Navy band... MAN they were awsome. I mean the Euphoniums that they had were the nicest things I have ever seen. Lets just say that I caught myself drooling more than once.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:03 pm

Knowing a share of great trumpet solos myself, I think it would be incredibly awesome to hear a euphonium player tackle all sorts of great trumpet solos on one CD. I'd definitely want to hear a euphonium player play Carnival of Venice, as well as play Fantaisie Brilliante, Concerto in Eb: Rondo by Hummel, and Moto Perpetuo. :)
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:20 pm

Trumpet Man 05 wrote:Knowing a share of great trumpet solos myself, I think it would be incredibly awesome to hear a euphonium player tackle all sorts of great trumpet solos on one CD. I'd definitely want to hear a euphonium player play Carnival of Venice, as well as play Fantaisie Brilliante, Concerto in Eb: Rondo by Hummel, and Moto Perpetuo. :)
The CD I recommend earlier in this thread, "American Variations" from Klavier Recordings, has Dr. Brian Bowman tackling a bunch of solos on the euphonium (including Carnival of Venice, Scherzo, The Student Prince, etc...)

The_eUpH

Post by The_eUpH » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:22 pm

euphman wrote:I want to get the new Steven Mead CD, Bravura. There are so many of his Cds that I want.

heh yeah i can see why..he is the euph GOD
u better work the cyrus magic dawg" bryan

01-present DHS horn line
1st chair Euphonium/baritone/whatever we're being called next lol

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:50 pm

This is way off-topic (and should be in that forum), but congratulations euphman on being the first drum major (500 posts) on the WOP Discussion Forums!!
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS