Cobra (eww)
No votes

Total votes: 15

BSRTptleader
New Recruit
New Recruit

Whats your favorite model of trumpet?

Post by BSRTptleader » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:59 pm

I am curious as to peoples preferences in trumpets. Ask any high school trumpet and they will know the Bach Strad but what else? why? I have an Olds, which I love for jazz and I am buying a Yamaha Xeno custom.
High screamy trumpets are a dime a dozen, make it musical and you might have something.

lord hornblower
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lord hornblower » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:05 pm

I own a bach stradivarius, but I've played on a Xeno, and I loved it. My strad still owns though...

I really love to play flugelhorns though.... the strad flugel is nice, but the tone of the Arturo Sandoval Leblanc Flugel is amazing.

BSRTptleader
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by BSRTptleader » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:14 pm

The only thing I dont like about the xeno is the valves, even when well lubed and clean they feel kinda heavy but I prefer the tone over a strad at least for field. I also like the price better... 8-)

Yeah I am playing flugel for a concert piece, we have (school owned) yamaha standards but Arturo Sandoval's is insane!
High screamy trumpets are a dime a dozen, make it musical and you might have something.

BadAssMFDrummer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by BadAssMFDrummer » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:08 pm

our concert band is supposed to be getting some bach strad. but we havent gotten them yet....right now were using like...holtons..or some stupid crapy like that...ive been playing trumpet for about 4 years now and i still dont own my own mostly because i just dont have the money...any recommendations for a good quality trumpet i can get for cheap...Thanks

devilishtrumpet
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by devilishtrumpet » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:25 pm

strad '87. old ones are better now strads are more commercialized. not as careful as before. but everyone knows (and i wish i had one) that monettes pwn. u could always look for used tr300s if u want a good cheap trumpet, just make sure it's in good condish.

Starky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Starky » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:37 pm

i used to play on strads but then i played a Xeno and absolutley fell in love with i just clicked with it the second i started playing. i love it wish i woulda found it sooner :toot:
There is no reality in the absence of observation.