Who's the Best Drumline in California

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Who is the best drumline in ALL of California?

1. Logan
7%
2. Clovis West
13%
3. Mission Viejo
34%
4. Ayala
35%
5. Upland
2%
6. Thousand Oaks
4%
7. San Marcos
4%
8. Beyer
1%

Total votes: 108

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalletMusic » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:50 pm

Good Luck in the future with SMHS. This season was the first time I'd seen the SMHS winter line and was really impressed, i just wish i would have stayed in the SM school district ;)

I was in the San Marcos Middle Winter Line wayy back in 2000 (Spy vs. Spy show) and always remembered the HS support for us.

Best of Luck again, see you on the floor.

Vermin87
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Vermin87 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:34 pm

Two questions--1.) Who were the top drumlines during the WBA state championships of 2002? I believe Mission Viejo and Clovis West were at the top.....2.) Who won P.A. at the WGI regionals in Union City? I believe that was Clovis West also. The only reason you WGI people win all the time is because you have a buttload of money to spend it on props and other things that boost your G.E. these polls should be based off of drumming ability and not scores.
Verent Chan
~Clovis West Drumline Section Leader '03-'05~

hawthornePIT

thank you

Post by hawthornePIT » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:24 am

vermin gets it...
Last edited by hawthornePIT on Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triplett

Bleed Blue

Hawthorne Pit

Post by Bleed Blue » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:07 am

Hawthorne Pit,
Your line is great. But your attitude sucks. I remember my kids
(San Marcos) congradulating your school for taking the championship
on Sunday, and all you do the day after is talk trash. I seriously
hope that you are not a reflection of the rest of your line.
Joe Gray
SMHS Visual Instructor

smdrummajor03

Thanks Joe!

Post by smdrummajor03 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:14 am

Thanks a lot Joe! We can always count on you to protect our honor...hehe...To everybody, lets all just forget what happened this weekend. We all performed very well and I'm sure everyone can agree to that. Scores don't matter much if you're happy with the actual performance.

Go SMHS!

TimpaniG
New Recruit
New Recruit

you still don't get it...

Post by TimpaniG » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:16 am

ok obviously you didn't understand me, HawthornePIT... so I'll spell it out for you again. I don't care how well your group can play - when you come online and post things about your group being better than another group... like you just did... again... you make your group look bad.

Nobody wants to hear you brag about how much better you are - and you've already proved yourself at the competitions, so why do you insist on throwing it in people's faces online?

It's sad when one or two students can ruin a group's respectable reputation by posting unnecessary comments online like you do... that's why I talk to my students about being respectful and sportsmanlike when typing messages that many people will be reading.

I suppose you'll learn too.... in time.

I suggest you just drop this whole San Marcos discussion... you are just going to continue to make yourself look bad. ...and for the last time, it is a different San Marcos on the poll. - if you feel like you need your school's name to appear on a poll in order to make you feel better about your school's "reputation" - then create one yourself. This one was just one person's oppinion.
Rich Gordon - instructor / arranger Saddleback H.S., Anaheim H.S., & Magnolia H.S., Trabuco Hills H.S. - 2005 WGI Silver Medalists!
Band Director - Sycamore J.H.S.

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:13 am

Okay kids, let's give it a rest!
Yes, the San Marcos is the one from up north, because this poll refers to and includes lines who have demonstrated consistent perfromance excellence over the last several years, both in the marching band and drum line seasons. There were many great performances in the ADLA Championships this past weekend - enjoy your own successes, and leave it at that please. Let your record over time stand on its own.

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:15 am

BTW, I thought Hawthorne, San Marcos (south) and Saddleback ALL had excellent performances - I hope it continues!

Vermin87
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Vermin87 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:00 pm

I have no doubt in my mind that you people worked your butts of to get to the level you are at. However, I was mainly speaking to all the California drumlines because they miraculously beat Clovis West at WBA finals and at the WGI Union City Regional despite comments FROM THEIR OWN INSTRUCTORS TO OURS on how the Clovis West line deserved to win.

Anyone have MP3 recordings of their WGI shows? I'd love to hear them. I can't find them online anywhere. E-mail me if you do. Thanks.

Vermin_87@yahoo.com
Verent Chan

jjmachuca

Post by jjmachuca » Tue May 27, 2003 1:32 pm

Well, all the real good high schools come from down south.( Mission Viejo, Ayala, San Marcos, etc.) With the exception of Logan up north. From what I can recall Logan 2002 wasnt very good at all. I like their show more this year, they seemed a lot cleaner. Mission from what I understand got 5th at WGI Finals, which is not too shabby. San Marcos, Ayala and Thousand Oaks also did well at Finals.

Vermin87
New Recruit
New Recruit

Logan, San Marcos, and Upland

Post by Vermin87 » Tue May 27, 2003 5:13 pm

At the WGI regional in Union City, Clovis West got their butts kicked GE and Ensemble, but all I have to say is PA...That's all that really counts. Check out the recap.
http://wgiorg.rjsnetworks.com/ShowSPRec ... nals Recap
Verent Chan

Bassline4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Bassline4life » Thu May 29, 2003 6:28 pm

Is this just for drumlines that did indoor...because i dont see Chino and well they did not do indoor but if it is and all around durmline i think chino would get my vote dont beat up on the person who worte this......

Shota871
Rookie
Rookie

Answering the Question....

Post by Shota871 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:22 pm

8-) When it comes to high school - I still claim RUBIDOUX as the best line in SoCal and AllCal. I would consider the rest listed above as runner-ups.
North High School Saxon Regiment ('00~'02)
North High School Drum Line ('00~'02)
North High School #10 Tin Can Band ('01~'02)
El Camino College Varsity Band ('03~'05)
USC Trojan Marching Band ('03~'06)

Bassline4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

??

Post by Bassline4life » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:02 pm

Hey I dont know all about Rubdiox geting it because yes they are a very hard working Percussion section but they have a lot to learn and I cant wait to compet aginst them this coming fall good luck to allll

sh0rty41

huh

Post by sh0rty41 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:32 pm

:? Hey, what do u mean Rubidoux has alot to learn??