Who's the Best Drumline in California

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Who is the best drumline in ALL of California?

1. Logan
7%
2. Clovis West
13%
3. Mission Viejo
34%
4. Ayala
35%
5. Upland
2%
6. Thousand Oaks
4%
7. San Marcos
4%
8. Beyer
1%

Total votes: 108

TimpChimp

Who's the Best Drumline in California

Post by TimpChimp » Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:33 pm

The other polls for best drumline I have noticed have seemed to be biased towards the SOCAL region...let's add some other drumlines to that list shall we.

Forte

Post by Forte » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:37 am

You couldn't include any independent groups? I would've picked RCC. Other-wise, Mission Viejo gets my vote.

sh0rty41

Post by sh0rty41 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:23 pm

I dont see Rubidoux on there.. cuz Rubidoux would get my vote if it was on there.. but since it isn't I am going to have to say.. Ayala

8-ball
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 8-ball » Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:36 pm

no opinions allowed
Last edited by 8-ball on Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GuarDiva04 » Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:23 pm

Why weren't some other drumlines featured? I would like to see GOOD drum lines up there... like RCC and Fairfield? Man... y'all are haters! LoL HaHa I'd just like to see a bigger variety up there... and just FYI Logan's drum line this year can't even compare to last year! Last year was amazing and this year just was.. ehh.. ok! But great job everyone!
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010

TimpaniDjembe03

woooo!!!

Post by TimpaniDjembe03 » Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:59 pm

go saddleback!
Timpani and Djembe player Saddleback 03
Saddleback Tenors 04?
Vanguard- Timpani 04?

IttyBittyPitty

What about standstill?

Post by IttyBittyPitty » Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:06 pm

I don't see any standstill drumlines up there. Come on now, Carlsbad has beaten the scores of people in moving divisions. Palease.

hawthornePIT

Post by hawthornePIT » Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:24 pm

mmmm....victory, sexy
Last edited by hawthornePIT on Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

smdrummajor03

Post by smdrummajor03 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:49 pm

To the pit member from Hawthorne...first off, crongrats on your win, from a cymbal player in the San Marcos drumline...you know, High Cymbals? But anyway, just to have you know, someone else hasn't been paying attention to the scores in the ADLA circuit because you only beat us twice the entire season. So, please be careful of what you say and take your championship trophy with a grain of salt. Lots of love! By the way, congratulations to Rubidoux on their win on Saturday! I really liked your show!!
"And the Trogdor smote the Kerrick, and all was laid to Burnination."

hawthornePIT

here we go again...

Post by hawthornePIT » Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:01 pm

smells like high snares, and a hint of bass, and whats that i smell? tenors too?!mmmm champions, me like...
Last edited by hawthornePIT on Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dune00z
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Dune00z » Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:41 pm

I think that san marcos deserves to be up there with the rest of the lines because I thought their show was very good, even if they did not beat Hawthorne in Championships. I think that San Marcos was not boring, it was actually pretty sweet. The pit book was much cooler than Hawthorne plus it was very active and interesting (Sword fight 'n stuff).
^Thats my opinion backed up by many spectators

And Carlsbad, Its more difficult to march and play than standstill, that is why Carlsbad is not up there. I think a line is better marching and playing beats than standing

quickcheeses
New Recruit
New Recruit

Just a Thought

Post by quickcheeses » Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:00 pm

Hey, I just started reading this Topic...Just so you know, there is ANOTHER San Marcos, from Santa Barbara, CA. Good line, took 9th in PSW in Dayton, I think. There could be a possibility the SM listed was intended to be for them.

-Eric

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalletMusic » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:15 pm

Yo Hawthorne pit you need to chill, dont get all sour just because your line wasnt on some poll... San Marcos had a very entertaining show, I was intrigued the whole time.. I didnt see your show so I have nothing to say about it... But chill, the season is over. Do your talking on the floor next year.

-San Marcos Fan

TimpaniG
New Recruit
New Recruit

To Hawethorne people.... chill out

Post by TimpaniG » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:32 pm

First of all ... yes, I do believe that the San Marcos that was referred to in this post's "poll" is the one that competes in WGI and goes to world championships (and does fairly well) every year.

Second of all... To all you Hawethorne people... I'm getting pretty tired of reading your bragging and boasting on these boards... you put other people's lines down way too often. I have seen your group drum many times in the past few years, and you drum very well. Unfortunately, my oppinion of your group has been soured because of your nasty comments and over-excited egos on the message boards. I've even read posts that have claimed that your show is so much better than my group Saddleback, even though we don't even compete against each other.

Before you keeping ruining your group's reputation - I think you'd better get all of your facts straight and learn a little more about the world of drumlines. And until you decide to step up to the plate and drum with the big boys instead of bragging about your wins in lower divisions... I think you'd better not talk about how much better you are compared to groups that compete in higher divisions.
Rich Gordon - instructor / arranger Saddleback H.S., Anaheim H.S., & Magnolia H.S., Trabuco Hills H.S. - 2005 WGI Silver Medalists!
Band Director - Sycamore J.H.S.

smdrummajor03

Thank you

Post by smdrummajor03 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:44 pm

To quickcheeses: I think you're right...the San Marcos on the poll was probably the one from Santa Barbara. I've only seen them once, and I thought they were great. Our line (San Marcos "South") doesn't compete against the other lines listed.

To Dune00z and myvelouria94: Thanks a bunch for your support guys. I appreciate your compliments, and I'm sure the rest of our drumline would as well if they read them. I wish you guys the best of luck in seasons to come. :)
"And the Trogdor smote the Kerrick, and all was laid to Burnination."