Drum Corps 2003 predictions

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

8-ball
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 8-ball » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:03 am

no opinions allowed
Last edited by 8-ball on Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:18 pm

Hmmm, looks like we had a couple of newbs show up and start causing problems while I was on hiatus...
euphman wrote:Pacific Crest is Di. 2 for finals
Right. But if they do well in D2 Finals (which I think they will), they can declare themselves D1 for Quarters and maybe make Finals (which I think they have an outside shot at). This is what Magic of Orlando did just this past year, remember.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:21 pm

MtRidgeBrass wrote:ugh, I wish you guys would at least say there is a chance for the troopers, but if you insist on being stubborn, we'll just have to show you this season.
I hope you do. I would LOVE to see the Troopers return and fight for a finals spot... however, it's been eight years since the Troopers even made the Semi-Finals (1995), so I think we should keep our enthusiasm bottled up until they actually go out on the field and start showing people up.

hboyce
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by hboyce » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:09 am

The changed the finals format this year. After division 2/3 prelims the top 5 have the option of being reviewed by a DCI comitee for division 1. If they say yes then they can move onto division 1 prelims,semis, finals. Otherwise they would be in division 2 for the rest of the weekm Which will cumulate on Saturday with division 2/3 finals in the afternoon and division 1 finals at night. Since there hasn't been an elected comitee for this yet and won't be until I think September this won't truly go into effect until 04. But PC applied for division 1 status this year. I don't know how they organized it, but ultimately they said no so PC will be in division 2 finals.
This is how it is to my understandings. Some of it might be wrong or maybe all of it is.
--Hunter

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

i like PC. but stay the same div all year...

Post by MalletMusic » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:49 pm

And another thing is that in the press release about the subject, PC stated that they had yet to even make a decision whether they would move to Div 1 (as in take the option of getting reviewed) or stay as Div 2... I guess well have to wait till august.

TrmptGrl05

Re: Drum Corps 2003 predictions

Post by TrmptGrl05 » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:31 pm

stbbdtpt3 wrote:I was wondering what everyone's predictions for this upcoming year is(DIV. 1). Do you all think Cavaliers can pull it off again or will some underdogs come and steal the light? Who will have the best package? We'll have to wait and see... :wink:
My predictions for this year in DCI would be...
1. Blue Devils
2. Cavaliers
3. SCV
4. The Cadets
5. Carolina Crown
6. Boston Crusaders
7. Pantom Regiment
8. Blue Coats
9. Crossmen
10 Glassmen
Representing the only female trumpet players in their section!
Plumes are sexy! don't ya think?
I tried to sniff coke once.....but the ice cubes got stuck.
~Sheila

MtRidgeBrass
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MtRidgeBrass » Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:22 pm

euphman wrote:Now that I've heard more about each corps, I have updated my list

1.BD
1.Cavies
3.Phantom
4.Cadets
5.SCV
6.SCV
7.Bluecoats
8.Crossmen
9.Glassmen
10.Magic
11.Carolina
12.Capital
Phantom beating two different SCV corps, for some reason I find that hard to believe, maybe b/c there is only one SCV, heh. I'm just joking not trying to start anything, just pointing out a lil error.
Alex

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

cavies show

Post by Cole167888 » Sat May 03, 2003 2:53 am

both BD and cavies shows sound REALLY strong...if teh cavies can pull of the drill that they did last year with the circle show it will be amazing...im really looking forward to seeing it so i think it will be close between BD and cavies...but tis impossible to predict rite now
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

TimpaniG
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by TimpaniG » Sat May 03, 2003 12:53 pm

hmmm.... I don't know about leaving Seattle Cascades out of the top 12 - they surprised the heck out of many people last year and They'll probably come out stronger this year.

I know it was a while ago when somebody posted something about this but... in response to the comments about the 99 SCV / BD tie...
I'd just like to say that the two corps were very happy with sharing the championship (well, maybe a few of the members and definately the crowd were a little upset at first) - but whenever there is a tie like that - It helps to reinforce the relationships between the performing members of the two corps. I know from an audience perspective it's a wierd feeling (like if the Lakers "tied" the Kings for this year's NBA Finals) - but I don't see anything wrong with it if that's the way the scores actually came out from the many judges on the panel - I'm just glad they don't do some sort of tie breaker like look at the music scores or something like that.

Anyway... just thought I'd throw that in there - I was a member of SCV in 99 (timpani), so reading the oppinions about that topic was particularly interesting... I can tell you that the SCV members that I know and the BD members from that year are all very happy with their seasons, and the way it ended.
Rich Gordon - instructor / arranger Saddleback H.S., Anaheim H.S., & Magnolia H.S., Trabuco Hills H.S. - 2005 WGI Silver Medalists!
Band Director - Sycamore J.H.S.

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Sat May 17, 2003 6:36 pm

1. SVC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Crossmen

3. Blue Devils

4. Cavaliers

5. Phantom

I know... it may not be even close to reality, but then again you never know... but I do hope SVC wins this year... for some reason I believe they deserve it...
OHS '01 - '05

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun May 18, 2003 7:14 pm

Who's SVC? The Silicon Valley Corps?

MtRidgeBrass
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MtRidgeBrass » Sun May 18, 2003 10:34 pm

You've got it all wrong Phantom Phan. It stands for Silicon Valley CADETS!!! Yeah and they definitely have a chance. :wink:
Alex

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Mon May 19, 2003 3:01 pm

ummm... oops, I actually meant SCV... not the cadets or whatever..sorry
OHS '01 - '05

MtRidgeBrass
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MtRidgeBrass » Mon May 19, 2003 5:42 pm

Silicon Valley Cadets. . . lol the entire guard gets free implants