Quick Question

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Third Eye Open

Quick Question

Post by Third Eye Open » Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:20 pm

Hey everyone...I'm trying to do some research to help me decide which college to go to, so as part of my research I'm asking whoever can help the following question. Which drum corps do most college students in San Diego participate in? I'm considering UCSD...and I would like to be in a good corps in the area were I to go there. Thanks for your help! That is, if anyone answers this post.

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

So Cal Corps

Post by MalletMusic » Sat Apr 19, 2003 9:45 pm

Esperanza [Div 2] would be a good choice, or if you want smaller, San Diego Alliance is also in the area [Div 3]. Up north about 2 hours there's Pacific Crest, Impulse, West Coast Sound, Yamato... But I think Esperanza would be closest to UCSD.

Cavalier81
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cavalier81 » Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:08 pm

Esperanza!!
If you are a brass player, thet still have a few openings in there brass line.
The drill is written for 48 horns. they still need about four or five horns to fill.
Check out their web site for more info.
esperanzaarts.org

ronsj
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ronsj » Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:01 pm

Do you know when and where does Esperanza normally hold their rehearsals and camps? Because I might wanna join... if there are spots still open.

hboyce
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by hboyce » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:03 am

If you are interested in joining or getting information. PM, email (hboyce1@san.rr.com), or talk to me on aim (mellokid7).
--Hunter

sokkerboie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sokkerboie » Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:06 am

San Diego Aliance has some openings (check the web site www.sandiegoalliance.org) and we are working on several community partnerships (our guard and staff is partnering with SDSU Dance Department for a concert series, many of our staff teach great programs and perform with professional ensembles such as LaJolla Symphony). So this is not only a great opportunity to learn from some of the best muscially and visually, but also for great networking opportunities.

If you have questions you can email me at cc_dancer@hotmail.com

Chad Cornwell
Alliance Color Guard caption head
Talent is not only a blessing, it is a burden, as the gifted ones will soon find out - Vince Lombardi