What did you guys think of the NCBA championships?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

8-ball
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 8-ball » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:40 am

no opinions allowed
Last edited by 8-ball on Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forte

Re: top drumline in ncba

Post by Forte » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:54 am

pingchi wrote:Don't try to act like your line is awesome, because you're really not.
Ooo, that hurts... four NCBA championships and Vallejo's not awesome? Sounds like someone's in denial. You seem to be so stuck on Sac for as many championships and you rip on Vallejo because of what? Vallejo's developed so well since 99, and in my opinion their pit during the 2000, 2001 and 2002 winter seasons have been the best. I really can't see how someone can miss seeing their greatness. Being the best ever is such a bold statement, and even if Vallejo isn't that they should atleast get some credit for being so damn good.

That Sac news is new to me... all I can say is that I've always enjoyed their shows. I didn't realize that it was their last year and it's really too bad. Much, much respect to the line.

8-ball
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 8-ball » Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:58 pm

no opinions allowed
Last edited by 8-ball on Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:46 pm

ok, this year Vallejo was awesome, and I think there is some right involved in being awesome to say that you're awesome...to a certain extent...no one who saw Vallejos show would say what pingchi said, it's ignorant. As of right now, today, Vallejo High is the best drumline in NCBA. Fairfield is rite there with them, and maybe in WGI Fairfield would have beat Vallejo, but we dont know.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

GuarDiva04
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GuarDiva04 » Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:51 pm

Fist off, let me say one thing

A title is just a title!

The word Champion is such an honor to have and I think Vallejo earned it this year. Good Job Vallejo! 8-) But I also think there are many differences of opinions here partially because.. if you all went and saw WGI drum lines, you'd know what I'm talking about. I personally think they need to hold a work shop for ALL NCBA judges so they can see what winterguard and drum lines are REALLY about. WGI is a different world compared to NCBA. And I really believe some judges don't know about that world and have no clue what its about. And yes I think it would be very interesting to put Vallejo and Fairfield in a WGI competition and see the outcome only because its nice to rise to a challenge.

Back to business... for those who choose to dawg on any lines ( mainly Vallejo as of right now) It's not your place to do so. You have no right dogging on a line you have no idea about! Unless you're in the drum line and know all they go through, you shouldn't talk. All the drum lines this year have done amazing! There were so many things I liked about each of them! And I know you're expecting me to be biased because I go to Fairfield but let me tell you... I see their faults probably just as much as you all do. The thing is... they took a challenge only themselves and Hogan did this year. Competing at a WGI regional is stressful and obviously they did well! So stop all the hatin! Winter percussion is over for this year! LoL Save it for the street! Yay Marching Band!
Fairfield Open 2001-2004
In Motion Winterguard 2005-2006,2009-2010
San Jose Raiders World 2007
Armijo Colorguard Instructor 2004-2006
Dublin Independent Instructor 2007-2009
...Of Essence Winterguard tech 2010

guardmaracas 2003

Post by guardmaracas 2003 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:09 am

that was rude. i think that drumlines work as hard as the guard does, therefore hey get goos gyms. i am sorry that you think that the drumline gym at san benito was crap, but its not like you had a choice of where to hold championships. once you get on the board, then you can complain and have an input to where NCBA Championships should be held. Until then, LOOSE THE ATTITUDE GUY!