What do you look for in a person of the opposite sex?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

dude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dude » Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:06 pm

The saddest...dumbest thing to say...is that they just gota like who for who you are....and thats ALL. So if i made a list it would say:
likes me for who i am...no matter how weird i may be (amen)
got to be pretty..(i mean cmon)
at least my smarts or close to
being in band is always convenient aye?

I probably forgot some stuff...but i guess that all that really matters. Sounds picky....but hey..life sucks...get over it...

...build be a bridge while youre at it.

:lol:

SithScorp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SithScorp » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:37 pm

I would say that totally depends upon your age, maturity, and past experience.

Different strokes for different folks and all...

Just be with someone YOU enjoy being with. Do not have too high of expectations, just be realistic and be happy. All will work itself out for the best.

SoCalSpinN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SoCalSpinN » Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:03 pm

someone who wouldn't mind buying ME a valentine's gift for once.

Come to think of it, i haven't received anything for valentine's day since grade school. :cry:
Acronymphos love to have S.E.X.

crispcookie88
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crispcookie88 » Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:21 pm

During language arts class today, as my teacher was explaining an assignment, my mind drifted back to this topic. A bit odd you might think, why would anyone think of WOP during school? Well, we're reading Romeo and Juliet, and since many marriages at that time were arranged, he's giving us an assignment on describing the perfect guy/girl. We also write what kind of person our parents would want us to marry. Then you give it to your parents and they fill it out, with characteristics of the who they want you to get married to, and how they think you will describe your perfect guy/girl. Anyway the assignment just reminded me of this topic. This is going to help so much when i run out of ideas, i can just look back and see what other people wrote.
chewy cookies are good, but crisp cookies are better....

MsNikki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MsNikki » Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:49 pm

[quote="crispcookie88"]Then you give it to your parents and they fill it out, with characteristics of the who they want you to get married to, and how they think you will describe your perfect guy/girl. [quote]

I know my perfect guy would be so different from what my parents would want. If we still went with the whole arrange marriage thing these days I would run away. I'd probably be married to an abusive charmer who expects me to wait on him hand & foot and allow him to sleep with other women. Yeah, they'd marry me off to someone like Jim Carrey or Russel Crowe. :x
World Of Pageantry Champion!

Annie
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Annie » Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:58 pm

crispcookie- hah I did that assignment in class last year, I thought it was pretty neat. My parents know me too well, plus I basically want a guy who they think would be right for me as well. Have fun writing it though, it'll be interesting once you're done. :)
Annie
MRHS
Tuba SL

AshleyJ

Post by AshleyJ » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:00 pm

I don't know about "Y-all" But if my parents had to choose who I spent the rest of my life with.. I'd shoot myself, or become a nun......ok, well maybe not a nun. But yeah. I think that most people have formed their"ideal" person in to what society allows. I know I'm talking all philosophical of whatever you want to call it, but what ever happened to getting to know a person just because. I wasn't at all attracted to this Drum major I met and after getting to know him, he's like the coolest guy in the world...even if I'm still looking. Do you know what I mean? :wink:

Colorguard_Tanks_RollyPol
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Colorguard_Tanks_RollyPol » Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:48 pm

I agree with AshleyJ, you really have to get to know a person. I know what you mean by not thinking someone is that attractive, but once you seriously get to know them they are the greatest. As well as someone who is so attractive, but conceited like you wouldn't beleive. It just depends