CMEA all festival band

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

echs-sackbut
Rookie
Rookie

CMEA all festival band

Post by echs-sackbut » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:20 pm

Anyone here that was invited to the CMEA all festival band up in pasedena this march 17th? I go to El Capitan High School down here in San diego California. If anyone is going, there will be five of us form ECHS to meet ya if you want. If you need a description i play the trombone and my name is Kyle. so...i guess ill see ya there!!!
never Bb, never B#, always Bnatural (with a little natural sign)

cosmicirony7
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cosmicirony7 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:30 pm

Well you know me already Kyle... but for anyone else who might be going... has anyone gotten their music yet? Just curious...
"Suck Less"

Meanoboist100
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Meanoboist100 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:40 pm

Well if you look at the Calander on the CMEA Website. El toro will be playing form 1:15-2:15 on March 17th and ON Saturday March 19th James Logan will be playing, they are the Invited ensamble this year.
Oboes Are awsem. English horn are excelente. Doublke reeds rock, if you cant tell im a double reed player.

echs-sackbut
Rookie
Rookie

Post by echs-sackbut » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:46 pm

no no no....i mean the all state festival BAND (singular) the one that different students from around california are selected from their teqacher recommendation. Its not just the high schools that go...you go up there and practice for 2 days with all the people that were selected and you play the concert on the third day...its kinda like an honor band...but not honor...just...yeah...a festival band...anyhoo...anyone who is goin see ya there!!! yay!!!
never Bb, never B#, always Bnatural (with a little natural sign)

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:05 pm

Meanoboist100 wrote:Well if you look at the Calander on the CMEA Website. El toro will be playing form 1:15-2:15 on March 17th and ON Saturday March 19th James Logan will be playing, they are the Invited ensamble this year.
our wind ensemble is performing too... :? :?: :wink:
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

teacherken
Veteran
Veteran

CMEA All State Festival Band music

Post by teacherken » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:39 am

The music for Festival Band members should be in the possession of your band directors by now. Remember... practice them all! Seating auditions are your first item of business!
Ken Hoffman
Director
El Camino Real HS