Any Emo fans?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Any Emo fans?

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:25 pm

I just got hooked on Rufio from Rancho Cucamonga. They're described as NFG with more Emo sound. Anywho check them out.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

I love Emo

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:42 pm

Emo Philips rocks, he's one of the best comedians ever. :P :wink:

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nizmo » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:31 am

some other noteables...

yellowcard
dashboard confessional

SoCalSpinN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SoCalSpinN » Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:42 am

will someone please define emo for me?

I've heard that everything from reggie and the full effect to certain jack johnson songs as being "emo"
Acronymphos love to have S.E.X.

Adge
New Recruit
New Recruit

I'm an emokid...

Post by Adge » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:15 pm

OMG, emo is basically all I listen to. When describing what exactly emo is, a friend of mine once said "emo is punk rock that will make you cry." Nough said. I think it's pretty much up to the person who listens to define emo. Its the kind of music that is all love songish with rock backgrounds. My absolute favorite band is Something Corporate, and to me, they are very emo. Other bands I think could qualify as emo, but are not limited to my list are Dashboard Confessional, The Juliana Theory, Saves the Day, Yellow Card and Good Charlotte. I don't care how people describe the music, just as long as everyone enjoys it.

cheer up emokid!! :cry:

always,
Adrian
You could have been screaming and the silence still would have said it louder.

dude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dude » Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:12 pm

Anything from drive-through records.. :D

mello612
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mello612 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:19 pm

oh yea, love those two (dashboard and yellowcard) also taking back sunday is great! Emo 4 life
woooo! :D
Gangemi's favorite mellophone

Adge
New Recruit
New Recruit

emoriffic

Post by Adge » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:53 pm

Okee dokee, in the last week I have gained some new bands into my CD collection, an its all been in the wonderful world of emo. I must say that some of the singers are quite whiny, but hey, if its emo, and you can relate, its all good in my humble opinion.
here are the goods from my stash
Modest Mouse
Bright Eyes (Connor Oberst is a fabulous lyricist, but has the whiniest voice heh heh)
All-American Rejects *radio friendly*
The Early November, Steel Train, The Movie Life and Senses Fail *all drive thru records bands :)*
Coheed and Cambria
Brand New
Pavement
Hundred Reasons
Yeah, I totally enjoyed all the bands, and some are more punkish than emo, but its all good cause I enjoy music and basically live in it. Hope others will enjoy emo as much as I do!

always,
<><Adrian

Adge
New Recruit
New Recruit

Spin magazine

Post by Adge » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:58 pm

So I picked up the latest edition of Spin magazine from barnes and noble today because I heard that my heartthrob, Chris Carrabba (Dashboard Confessional) was on the cover and had a fatty fearture in it. I was delighted to get the scoop on the adorable and heart wrenching lyrics that Chris pumps out, and I was justly satisfied. I was also pleasantly surprised that emo was so publicized within the confines of the magazine itself. Here is what the magazine said about emo.:
"Emo means different things to different people. But the one thing everyone agrees on is that the proverbial kids like it a lot. The following groups wear their hearts on their amps and are certain to be burning up MP3 playlists for the forseeable future-or at least until graduation. A.G."

Spin then went on to list the up and coming emo bands...I most definitely approve of their choices. So here they are :)

Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Coheed and Cambria, The Starting Line, Kind of Like Spitting

I have all of the bands except for Kind of Like Spitting on my MP3 playlist right now, and I am downloading him at the present time. :-P Mad props go out to Spin magazine and whoever bought it for the choice coverage of Chris and my favorite music of all time, EMO!

always,
<><Adrian

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:54 pm

Weezer's 2nd album, Pinkerton, is considered to be one of their finest and the album has been dubbed before as an emo album.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

go go rifle go
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by go go rifle go » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:51 pm

rufio, o so good. especially in concert.

<3 the emo/indie stuff.

try out the lyndsay diaries. the acoustic guitar and sweet songs make such a good show.

xoxo.
friends... ya know!

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:45 pm

Emo Philips has a strange voice but is pretty funny. I like it in UHF when he cuts his thumb off trying to show Weird Al how to saw wood.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

DJTyrant
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DJTyrant » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:00 am

I love The Juliana Theory!

They're my favorite Emo band, if you haven't heard of them you should pick up one of their albums. They just came out with their album Love.
Jimmy Blocksom
Assistant Drum Major
Buena High School
GRADUATED
I miss marching, I really do...my life feels a little empty without it...

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Post by split5050 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:47 am

Holy Crap :!: i cant believe that other people know about Rufio and Julliana theroy. I love both of them. I grew up with Scott Sellars (lead vocals and acoustic) and Clark... iono his last name. Anywho Scott used to play the drums for Rufio and we would always hag out together. Scott is the one who taought me how to play the drums. I miss the days when we would jam together. :cry: Anyways you may see me from time to time with them backstage if ya see me say hi!!!
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06

TheEgg
New Recruit
New Recruit

Emo 4 Life

Post by TheEgg » Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:31 pm

I heart emo! I am Emo kid to the core. My favorite bands are The Get Up Kids, At the Drive In, and Verve Pipe. I have listened to Wezer and Good Charlotte and stuff and i like them, but i have a lot of compilation CD's that have a bunch of diff bands. Go pick one up at Border's there liek $4!!!That song the Freshman is soooo awsome. I love songs that have amazing meaning behind them. Emo is bomb diggity! Well i hope every1 knows now what Emo is cuz its 2 kewl 4 skewl! Luv,
~Diane
Howz the fetus?!
HAAAAWAAAFEEN ::band:: HAWAFEEN ::band:: HAWAFEENA!
"I'm gunna shake your ladder next time AND make sure you fall off!"-Boobs