Trumpets Rule!

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

do trumpets rule or wut

yes
41%
always
9%
forever
50%

Total votes: 22

JazzTBone123
New Recruit
New Recruit

Wait a minute!

Post by JazzTBone123 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:59 am

This topic or argument, whatever you want to call it, was not meant to inflict stress or distaste on anyone. We all know that a band cannot exist without trumpets and trombones, so we just continue to bicker and moan to see who is more important. Don't worry Ash, we are all really good friends and we are doing all of this peacefully. I'm sorry you interpreted this conversation differently...

-AB - We ALL need to loosen up a bit!

stbbdtpt3
New Recruit
New Recruit

what the?

Post by stbbdtpt3 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:44 pm

ASHLEY,
:shock: whoa...I just now read your post and dang you need to seriously take a chill pill. Just because you get in your bad moods, doesn't mean you need to take it out on us. It was YOUR decision to come onto world of pageantry and talk about a subject not at ALL relating to you...considering it's between those brass instruments you don't play. You obviously didn't get the idea that our identities wanted to be kept hidden on this thing and just because we reacted to it doesn't mean you had to freak. BUT, wait a minute, I didn't even say anything to you about it...BL was the one that mentioned it...the irony of it all...and did I care? NO, and you inevitably put my name down, trying to "get back at me" or whatever for something I had no clue about. And, like always, Shane was the innocent one because....well, typical. I don't think that was very professional of you and especially shouldn't have been put on world of pageantry. If you have issues with something or someone, take them somewhere else...please.
~MK

drumcorpmello
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumcorpmello » Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:55 pm

"And, like always, Shane the innocent one because....well typical"
oh mandi,

its disgusting how you are always trying to be the victim. maybe if you would shut your mouth every once and while (meaning keep your opinions to yourself) you wouldnt be targeted so much. so dont give me crap just because i'm smart enough not to get involved. god you make me sick sometimes.

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:40 pm

Hey guys, if you need to moan and groan at eachother, use email so we don't all have to read this crap! PLEASE! Or do you want me to delete this thread?
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

LittleFerg
New Recruit
New Recruit

Make love, not war

Post by LittleFerg » Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:47 pm

Hey guys,

We all need to seriously calm this down. This is getting way out of hand because I know you all, and I know that none of you mean what you are really saying. Drama sucks, so steer clear. But, back to the whole issue at hand.

TRUMPETS REALLY RULE !!!!!!! :o

TimpaniMaster

Post by TimpaniMaster » Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:54 pm

"trumpets rule"

"trombones rule"

Blah blah blah; allow me to retort:

Percussion baby, you wouldn't be anywhere without US! 8-)

LittleFerg
New Recruit
New Recruit

MMyeesss...

Post by LittleFerg » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:53 pm

I be Mongo
Mongo hit big things with stick
Mongo make good moosic

Mongo plays "percussion"

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

wow

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:38 pm

still going on i c
lets end this once and for all... trumpets will always rule 4ever
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:19 am

Sorry folks, but it is all about the EUPHONIUMS.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

LittleFerg
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by LittleFerg » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:51 pm

OOOOOooooo, you mean those oversized wannabe trumpets. :P

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:03 am

No, I mean those great, guys and gals who know how to goof off, and yet still get the job done when it is needed. Besides, I don't know to many people who switch to Trumpet...(I switched from Trumpet to Euphonium)

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

LittleFerg
New Recruit
New Recruit

Mmm yes

Post by LittleFerg » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:38 pm

Yes, but it has been my personal experience that those who switch from trumpet to euphonium do so because they honestly do not sound good on the trumpet. It is some kind of bigger mouth deal or something. Hey, if it works for you, that's great. But it does not change the fact that trumpet section rules all.
8-)

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:24 pm

*adds her two cents* Yes well the color guard makes the band LOOK good. :wink:

my brother just started playing the trumpet 2 years ago, he makes a awesome dying elephant impression!! lol. My "love interest" plays trumpet also :oops:
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:04 am

Yes, but it has been my personal experience that those who switch from trumpet to euphonium do so because they honestly do not sound good on the trumpet. It is some kind of bigger mouth deal or something. Hey, if it works for you, that's great. But it does not change the fact that trumpet section rules all.
That is why I switched, but it was the best thing that I ever did. But hey, we all have to have pride in our own sections.

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Post by split5050 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:46 am

i think Trumpet is an awesome instrument, but i think too many hot heads give it a bad wrap. Think about it. Dont make the people belive all trumpets are pompus. Cause we all know that there are some humble ones out there
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06