Planning ahead....Feb 14th.

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

hmmm

Post by RifleLova » Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:58 pm

lucky you i wont be doing anything special...atleast i dont think so. There is someone i like, would like to hang out with him on that day but i dont know how to let him know or what to do...WHAT DO I DO?!?!??! :? i dont know how to let him know i'm totally into him but not chase him away...
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: hmmm

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:23 pm

RifleLova wrote:lucky you i wont be doing anything special...atleast i dont think so. There is someone i like, would like to hang out with him on that day but i dont know how to let him know or what to do...WHAT DO I DO?!?!??! :? i dont know how to let him know i'm totally into him but not chase him away...
Oh that's easy. Write a note that goes like this.

I like you. Do you like me?
circle
Yes or No
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:57 pm

I'm not the best at this, but I would say just strike up a conversation.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

?

Post by RifleLova » Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:06 pm

Ok the note...haha i don't think so!! The conversation thing works but...how? Seriously i'm so clueless as to how to do it. How do you just go up to someone you slightly know and just start talking to them?

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: ?

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:11 pm

RifleLova wrote:Ok the note...haha i don't think so!! The conversation thing works but...how? Seriously i'm so clueless as to how to do it. How do you just go up to someone you slightly know and just start talking to them?
Common interests. Or you can be aggresive and "accidentally" bump into him and drop your books. Then if he's a gentleman he'll help you pick them up. BOOM opportunity right there.

Puck
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: ?

Post by Puck » Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:51 pm

[UCI]-Mike wrote:
RifleLova wrote:Ok the note...haha i don't think so!! The conversation thing works but...how? Seriously i'm so clueless as to how to do it. How do you just go up to someone you slightly know and just start talking to them?
Common interests. Or you can be aggresive and "accidentally" bump into him and drop your books. Then if he's a gentleman he'll help you pick them up. BOOM opportunity right there.
Yeah, the opportunity to check out his bootie! Oops, did I say that out loud? :wink:
http://www.wginsider.com/
Visit WGInsider.com for the latest WGI Rankings and more!

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves." ~Will Durant

Adge
New Recruit
New Recruit

*sigh*

Post by Adge » Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:51 pm

This will be the second year in a row that I boycott valentine's day. :roll: There are 365 days in the year, and people should let others know that they love them all the time, not just on one day set aside for it.
Last year I went out to dinner with my best friend and we had a great time, this year, I'm directing the drama club play "Love Letters" which will be put on that night. Its exciting to be doing something that could make others happy, and that's all I want from V-day this year. So to everyone who thinks that Valentine's day is the only day worth telling others you love them, its not! Do something nice for them today and make them feel special. :kiss:

always,
<><Adrian
You could have been screaming and the silence still would have said it louder.

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

ahhhh! why are guys so hard to understand...

Post by RifleLova » Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:15 am

ok...good job adge...good speach, i was lovin' it! and thanx for all the advice i've been getting but one problem HE DOESN'T GO TO MY SCHOOL! so i can't really do that book thing...i'll just have to find another corny way...hmmmm...

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Haha....it's not just Valentine's Day!

Post by Wildabeast » Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:51 am

Man, I don't mean to sound insensitive and out of line (don't worry, I will still be doing the mush mush stuff with my better half), but I'll also be tuning in to Tom Brokaw to see if I win $10 million through Publishers Clearing House. Oops, reminds me, I need to check my lotto numbers.
-Stop global whining.

SithScorp
Rookie
Rookie

The NO FAIL scenario

Post by SithScorp » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:52 pm

For those of you that live in the LA area...

Get reservations for the restaurant at the top of the Westin Bonaventure in downtown. It revolves one complete time every hour. That way you may dine and be able to see all of the downtown lights, the sunset, and the mountains. Simply a wonderful view...

Then take a blanket and head to the beach for a stroll along the water and then sit and listen to the waves (oh yeah, listening to the waves, uh-huh)...

Since this is the OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS board, I have an interesting anecdote. The last time I did that, some unknown female ran into the water stark neeeeeeeekkeeeed and then came up to me and my then girlfirend. But that is a story for a different time...

:twisted:

Back to my training...

:maul:

SithScorp out...

Puck
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Puck » Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:33 am

Slight change of plans here. I'm sending my boyfriend a dozen roses at his work. Then I'm passing out valentines to my teammates and spending the night... alone... :(
http://www.wginsider.com/
Visit WGInsider.com for the latest WGI Rankings and more!

"To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves." ~Will Durant

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:23 pm

Ugh! Feb. 14th is coming soon and I don't have a date yet!!!!

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:10 am

Be like me, procrastinate to the last minute, and then ask with only one week left, and then plan all of it about a day or two before you actually go out. Or at least that is what I plan to do this year. Last year I did not figure it out until that night at about 7:00 just after I picked my best gal, and she asked me what we were doing. This year I hope to give myself some more time. At least a day.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

forget em

Post by RifleLova » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:07 pm

ok it's for sure, i'm forgetting that guy. i've already planned to get my hair done on feb.14 so i guess that's what i'm going to do! i just need to stop thinkin about him....*hard* :?

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

valentines day

Post by Cole167888 » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:55 pm

lets see...i dont know what im doing, ill probably hang out with some friends that night..and as for riflelova the best thing to do is talk to him..dont make him talk to you...maybe that helps, good luck
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."