Pacific Crest in the top 12?

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

guardguy18
New Recruit
New Recruit

Pacific Crest in the top 12?

Post by guardguy18 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:25 am

Hey everyone do you think Pacific Crest will Make top 12 in 2003.

hboyce
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by hboyce » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:07 pm

It would be really hard to say until prelims. With all the new division 1 corps this year those last 4 spots in the top 12 are going to tight. Pacific Crest could get 9th place. They might also get 16th. Impossible to tell. But if were to go out on a flat out guess I would say 12th or 13th.
--Hunter

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Pacific Crest in the top 12?

Post by Hostrauser » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:55 am

guardguy18 wrote:Hey everyone do you think Pacific Crest will Make top 12 in 2003.
No. The emergence of Magic, Seattle, and Spirit, plus the continued quality of the Blue Knights, Colts, Carolina Crown, and Madison Scouts (who will have some new staff this year) will make Division I extremely tough. Remember, when Madison came out west this year, they beat Pacific Crest at most competitions, then went on to finish 14th in DCI Semis.

I'm not saying PC *can't* make Finals, I just don't think it's likely. I see Pacific Crest in a 14th-17th spot.

CerritosTrumpetMaster

Post by CerritosTrumpetMaster » Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:56 am

I think your right to a degree about Madison beating them and everything but im apart of Pacific Crest and let me tell you last year is last year and this year were out to do some damage lol (basically i think were gona be better this year) so well see!

CerritosTrumpetMaster

PC ya/nay?

Post by CerritosTrumpetMaster » Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:57 am

I think your right to a degree about Madison beating them and everything but im apart of Pacific Crest and let me tell you last year is last year and this year were out to do some damage lol (basically i think were gona be better this year) so well see!

dcguy87

Post by dcguy87 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:13 pm

Never say never Phantom Phan. Every year is different. You dont know what's going to happen this year. No one does. It's impossible to predict. Something may happen to any corps that could bunk them out of top 12. Anything that can happen will happen. Although I would love to see PC break the top 12 and show up all the full touring corps. There is word that DCI is not letting Pacific Crest perform at finals if they take the DIV II title. DCI does not want another occurence of Magic where they jumped all the way up into 10th. They will however let PC peform in finals but only in exhibition, as the DIV II champs. Heard this a while ago, but I dont know if anything has changed.

Richie_Rich

this is what i've heard

Post by Richie_Rich » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:47 am

well this is what i've heard, pc is going to compete at div 2 but if they place in the top 3 or 5, i don't remember which, they are going to pull out of 2 and claim div 1 status, then go on and compete in the div 1 competitions... but then agian, thats what i heard
Trumpter/Sop-Sierra Vista H.S. former drum major, Pacific Crest 01, Mandarins 02,03, RCC Marching Tigers Lead Trumpet 02.03

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:59 pm

Hmmmm. COULD PC make 2003 top 12? It's always a possibility. WILL they make the top 12 in 2003 is really up to them.

Up until this point, PC has been a part time corps. Now that they are entering a bigger arena, they will have to really up the dedication and desire. PC has had some good shows the past few years. They are certainly not bad despite the fact that they had been putting in much less time as the top dogs.

Those early SoCal shows in June will certainly indicate worthiness.

I would like to see PC make top 12 in their first season going, BUT I won't be disappointed if they don't. It would be nice to see CA make up 1/3 of the top 12 again (which begs another question. Could Mandarins make top 12?)

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:15 pm

dcguy87 wrote:Never say never Phantom Phan.
Um... I didn't.
dcguy87 wrote: There is word that DCI is not letting Pacific Crest perform at finals if they take the DIV II title. DCI does not want another occurence of Magic where they jumped all the way up into 10th. They will however let PC peform in finals but only in exhibition, as the DIV II champs. Heard this a while ago, but I dont know if anything has changed.
Sounds like a big load of bunk to me. What's your source? DCI *LOVED* seeing Magic back in finals: it generated a buzz and got people talking. Made finals a bit more interesting, got more people's attention. DCI will *NEVER* have an objection to something like that.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:20 pm

Wildabeast wrote:I would like to see PC make top 12 in their first season going, BUT I won't be disappointed if they don't. It would be nice to see CA make up 1/3 of the top 12 again (which begs another question. Could Mandarins make top 12?)
In 2003? Absolutely not. Sheesh, people, get a grip. We're getting WAY ahead of ourselves here. The Mandarins have only made the Semifinals ONCE (2001, 16th place) and have only placed in the Top 20 five times. In 2002 they were almost 9 points behind the eventual 12th place corps. They're still quite a ways away from being a legitimate contender for Finals.

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:22 am

Awwww, c'mon PP. Have a little faith in the neighbors. They'll hopefully elevate the abilities they already have. Unfortunately for them, so is everyone else.
Mandarins have made top 20 those few times as a Div. II corps competing in Div. I. That experience alone has made the staff aware of how to prepare now that they're actually going through with it.

Guess I'm just pulling for a greater West Coast presence - BD, SCV, Seattle, PC, Mandarins....