Santa Clara Vanguard receives 2004 Rose Parade Invite

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Mr Pageantry
Veteran
Veteran

Santa Clara Vanguard receives 2004 Rose Parade Invite

Post by Mr Pageantry » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:24 am

The Amazing Santa Clara Vanguard drum & bugle corps has received a special invitation to help the world celebrate the arrival of 2004 by appearing in the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade on New Years Morning. The Corps has not yet formally accepted the invitation, but reports are circulating that they will appear with a large and mature corps which will include current and former members and alumni.
Several Corps have appeared in the Tournament of Roses parade in the past, though it is a rare occurance... The corps include: The Troopers of Casper Wyoming, The Hamm's Indians Senior corps from Minnesota, The first Canadian Regiment, from Western Canada, the US Air Force Drum and Bugle Corps and in the early days of the parade the American Legion Drum & Bugle Corps from Hollywood California.
I will be posting a full list of participating bands as soon as they are confirmed. Other California units appearing will be the Riverside City College Marching Tigers, and Temple City High School Band.

Harvey@worldofpageantry.com

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Post by split5050 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:44 pm

I cant wait ive always wanted to march in the Rose parade and now i get to!!!!!yea. What are all the people that are on RCC and Vanguard gonna do? So many choices!!!!!!!
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06