Pacific Crest at Championships

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

musickaerf

Pacific Crest at Championships

Post by musickaerf » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:59 pm

How does everoyne feel about PC going back to Div. II championships this year? Do you think they could win it like in 98' and 99'?

double g

???

Post by double g » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:59 pm

I dont know it seems like every year pc is going lower and lower in skill. 2001 season i think was the best. 03 was wacked and now they wanna go to D2. I dont think so. I hear that if pc makes top 5 in d2 their gonna jump to D1 and not even try to win D2. But back to the question. No they will not win.

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

Pc 03

Post by MalletMusic » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:21 pm

I truely think PC has a good chance at taking Div 2 (that's if they decide to do div 2/3 finals. With the new rules for the finals format, corps who place in the top 5 at Div 2/3 Prelims and decide to go Div 1 will not perform at Div 2/3 semis or finals but perform at Open Class Quarters). They have been performing at a Division 1 level for the past 2 years and honestly have a chance at taking it all, maybe not like Magic in 02 but i'm sure they will do well.

doubleg: PC is not choosing to do Div 2, DCI rules state that a corps must be invited to Open Class (see above how). Pacific Crest was only granted Div 1 status on the West Coast and they have chosen to compete in Orlando which forces them to go back to Div. II status. Im sure if this rule wasnt in affect they would continue to compete at the Division 1 level.

Sorry for such a long post!

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Pacific Crest at Championships

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:01 pm

musickaerf wrote:How does everoyne feel about PC going back to Div. II championships this year? Do you think they could win it like in 98' and 99'?
Win it like in 98/99? Huh? I was under the impression that PC has never been to DCI Championships.

That said, PC is a Top 15 Division I corps. Now that Magic is back in Division I, Pacific Crest is the 2003 favorite in Division II, in my opinion.

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

It's about time!

Post by Mad City » Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:13 am

Finally the rest of the nation can see what we've been enjoying out here in So. Cal! Thank you PC for going to finals.

They will easily take Div II (if they're in it) and I belive will easily make finals in Div I.

It's a very good organization, good luck to all this comming season.

8-)

CerritosTrumpetMaster

Post by CerritosTrumpetMaster » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:42 pm

I aggree PC is a great org. and has a great chance at taking division 2 if they compete in it but hopefully they will move up the division 1 and make finals! Its to eairly to tell but PC is ready to show all.

CerritosTrumpetMaster

Pc

Post by CerritosTrumpetMaster » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:44 pm

I aggree PC is a great org. and has a great chance at taking division 2 if they compete in it but hopefully they will move up the division 1 and make finals! Its to eairly to tell but PC is ready to show all.

CerritosTrumpetMaster

Pc

Post by CerritosTrumpetMaster » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:47 pm

I aggree PC is a great org. and has a great chance at taking division 2 if they compete in it but hopefully they will move up the division 1 and make finals! Its to eairly to tell but PC is ready to show all. :lol:

CerritosTrumpetMaster

Pc

Post by CerritosTrumpetMaster » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:48 pm

I aggree PC is a great org. and has a great chance at taking division 2 if they compete in it but hopefully they will move up the division 1 and make finals! Its to eairly to tell but PC is ready to show all. :lol:

CerritosTrumpetMaster

Pc

Post by CerritosTrumpetMaster » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:50 pm

CerritosTrumpetMaster

Pc

Post by CerritosTrumpetMaster » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:50 pm

CerritosTrumpetMaster

Pc

Post by CerritosTrumpetMaster » Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:05 pm