Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Guard problems

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:18 pm

Okay help me!!!

I just made weapons this year and it's awesome, I love it, I've wanted it forever and I'm working really hard but... I love guard and I hate the people.

We have eight captains that rotate and I only have a problem with one of them. She picks on me. I know it sounds whiney, but she really honestly goes out of her way to yell at me, even if I'm not doing anything. She uses foul language and has actually hit me before and I don't know what to do. I can't do anything back because she's in a higher position and will punish me for it. The other seniors felt the way I did and they try and stick up for me but there's only so much because she's still the captain. We already went to an instructor and he said he would have a talk with her but I don't really see anything changing... My friends that are seniors are starting to go out of their way to basically protect me and a few other girls on the guard from her. Help!!
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

laurab
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by laurab » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:24 pm

you have more than one instructor you know. hint-hint

mvshortstuff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mvshortstuff » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:47 pm

I know that this is kind of off topic but i wanted to say good luck to trabuco tomarrow night at the football game. Ill be there to support our football team but mostly to watch all the girls ...

GO SARA!!

Ok im done ...
Isnt it bliss
Dont you approve
One who keeps tearing around
One who cant move

ana_belle02

Whoa!!!!

Post by ana_belle02 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:39 am

WHOA!!! :shock: She HIT you and she uses foul language:?: :!: Now I don't know personally if it was intentional or not but that goes BEYOND what a leader should do or not do. Are you in an independent guard or are you in a High School Guard? If your instructor isn't helping you out with this ABUSE then you should go higher than him/her. Don't let it off! Keep bugging everyone that this is happening and it's still not resolved! Never is it ok to have the person you should look up to abuse you physically or emotionally. That "captain" shouldn't even be holding that position. If I was your instructor than that person would of been canned a LONG time ago. It doesn't matter if you're the only one she's having a problem with... SHE'S the problem. :evil:

I hope everything will turn out ok! Hang in there! You'll come out the better person! :wink: :D
98-99 "Strom Quest" Colorguard (freshman)
99-00 "Africa" Colorguard (sophmore)
00-01 "Firebird" Colorguard (junior)
01-02 "Aztec Fire" Colorguard (senior)
02-03 "Malagena" Helper
03-04 "Hajj" Co-Advisor
04-05 "Nostradamus" Advisor

ColorGuardGirlAlways

Post by ColorGuardGirlAlways » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:15 pm

ok if shes hit u then u need to tell the band director. he can talk to her and posiblly kick her off. that may sound harsh, but to hit u is a little harsh to, and to use foul languge is just plain rude. :!: that girl needs an attitude adjestment, and u have to be the one to give it to her. dont sit and let it happen, keep doing what you're doing in guard, mind your own buiness, but the the band director about the hitting and foul launge. thats just not right. good luck.
Guard rox my striped sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:13 am

Thanks. Like I said, they rotate in weeks and I think the fact that even the other seniors are starting to talk to her about her lack of leadership has started to take effect because she's been okay lately. She's telling people not to yell which is kind of funny to me but still a sign she's improving.

mvshortstuff-
Although our football team was a disgrace, I have no idea how our guard did as a whole. Tonight was my first time doing the whole show with weapons in the stadium and it was good. Not great and room for improvement, but I managed to land my five. :D
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

mvshortstuff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mvshortstuff » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:07 am

You guys did great!! i really liked the ending of your show with the ambulence noises and the flatline stuff. it was a really awesome theme .. and your football team wasnt that bad :wink: GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!
Isnt it bliss
Dont you approve
One who keeps tearing around
One who cant move