Who's the Best Drumline in California

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Who is the best drumline in ALL of California?

1. Logan
7%
2. Clovis West
13%
3. Mission Viejo
34%
4. Ayala
35%
5. Upland
2%
6. Thousand Oaks
4%
7. San Marcos
4%
8. Beyer
1%

Total votes: 108

invertedcheeze
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by invertedcheeze » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:10 pm

Hey bass 2 from LMHS, this is Bass 1 from LMHS, thanks for talking us up and everything, but in the future..don't. We dont need to talk ourselves up, if people think were good they'll tell us, and we'll tell them if we think they're good. But yeah, check us out...give us your feedback about what you think. We, La Mirada, are a 4a band, we took championships in ADLA last spring, and we beat most of the 5a and 6a lines at Etiwanda, although we all know scores dont mean squat. But yeah, check us out.

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Wowza

Post by Spyder » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:29 pm

Holy cow, i mean... wow.... uh, maybe before this poll was put out, someone should have put more than 8 lines, especially since i didnt see a single northern line. Do you know how many good lines are out there? ALOT. I know all of you in so cal have many types of comps, but in north cali we only have one 'circut' where we all compete against each other, and I must say that after seeing a few of you, i can guarentee you that at least 3 or 4 of those listed lines are not top ten lines. I am not saying my line is the best, but what i AM saying is that there are some lines completely missed out, like veleijo, las plumas /oroville, fairfield, golden valley, hogan, etc etc. All of these lines have competed against each other, and ive seen most of the high school lines in cali, and these lines metioned SHOULD be on that list, but then again some of you have never even heard of them. All in all what im trying to say is that someone did not do their research before posting a pointless poll, because yes, as someone said, there will always be a line complaining about their line not on the list, and the list would be pages and pages long, so next time you do this.... study a little.

Speedorun
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Speedorun » Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:51 pm

It’s sorta obvious that as more people from ayala joined the discussion group that more people voted for them, but mission has sorta been coasting on their name for awhile

Loarasnare

Post by Loarasnare » Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:57 pm

Will these nothern lines be competing at WGI championships this year? I am really looking forward to seeing the California lines that usually cant make it all the way to Dayton or Wisconsin.
Loara snareline
Join SCPA for winter season!

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:04 pm

invertedcheeze wrote:Hey bass 2 from LMHS, this is Bass 1 from LMHS, thanks for talking us up and everything, but in the future..don't. We dont need to talk ourselves up, if people think were good they'll tell us, and we'll tell them if we think they're good. But yeah, check us out...give us your feedback about what you think. We, La Mirada, are a 4a band, we took championships in ADLA last spring, and we beat most of the 5a and 6a lines at Etiwanda, although we all know scores dont mean squat. But yeah, check us out.
You do realize that 1a-4a are judged differently than 5a and 6a. I haven't seen you so I dont know how you actually compare to other bands. But were in 5a and our percussion had the highest 5a/6a score at Etiwanda. Keep up the good work.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

cymbaltaps723

good drumlines

Post by cymbaltaps723 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:46 am

sh0rty41 wrote:I dont see Rubidoux on there.. cuz Rubidoux would get my vote if it was on there.. but since it isn't I am going to have to say.. Ayala

hey, thanks for the vote. im from the ayala drumline. man, i wish i had the chance to see all the drumlines that way i could make a fair vote. i've only seen some of them.

MVsnare465
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MVsnare465 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:37 pm

last time i checked, logan was norcal. and, they probably based the poll on wgi results and high percussion in major circuits. in wgi, you dont need buttloads of money to make props. our drumline uses the events we win or place well in for funds (if it is that kind of award), small funding from the school, and sponsors. for props, we recycle props year after year. we used the poles from our '00 show in our '04 show. wgi IS a big test of drumming. if you watch centervilles show or ayala, thousand oaks, or any of those lines, you'll see that it is definitely about how you drum. please act mature. if you talk up your line, and complain on forums, you make yourself look really stupid. just food for thought.
mission viejo
snare

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:56 pm

Well I guess that most of you guys out there think that only the best DLs are in WBA and also do Indoor. Can we think for a second about the SCSBOA groups that do not do indoor. Like RB, Chino, Etiwanda, and I think Loara (dont know if they do indoor or not). It seems to me that now a days everyone thinks that Indoor shows the "Best" Drumlines out there. I made a post last year that shows the 3 parts in haveing a good drumline and I would like you guys to try to find it because the groups that you guys say are the "best" drumlines dont have many of thoses sayings.......

Just a thought from a Percussionist
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

lhsquad
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lhsquad » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:40 pm

loara does do indoor
Loara Drumline
C/O 2005