Drumlines-who is the best in high school

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:19 pm

SRDM wrote:i think ayala and loara have lots of umph in their drumlines, they're my two favorite. pacifica and mission viejo are no losers either, i think those have to be my top 4. yup.
Loara and Ayala are pretty good you are right, I mean come on now Loara is a 5A band competting with the Dogs they are tight cant wait to see them this weekend at Val. show
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

sc_drumline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by sc_drumline » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:52 pm

san clemente drumline of course

sc_battery

Post by sc_battery » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:01 pm

sc drumline is rockin. the bassline is gnarly and the frontline is pretty good.

weezer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by weezer » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:16 pm

knock it off. you guys sure aren't making me think any better of the San Clemente drumline right now.
So this dyslexic guy walks into a bra...

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:55 am

i like how SC has pride in their line, but they're startin to sound a little egotistical (and for those who don't understand big words, just think of your trumpet section :P i kid, i kid). Try mentioning some other lines you guys like (as in drumlines that you arent in). :wink:

sc_battery

Post by sc_battery » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:46 pm

you are right quint kid. There are a lot of good lines this year. For a relatively new program, i think that tesoro is making a strong beginning. Santa Margarita is another strong line that i look forward to competing against this season. While at the irvine show i also saw irvine high school and woodbridge and they both looked pretty clean.

SC_bassline

Post by SC_bassline » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:48 pm

i have a feeling that capo's drumline is really going to pull through this year. 8-) ...even though they are a 2a band they seem to be working very hard.
el toro is good and very dedicated.tesoro's drumline is ok i guess...i have to say that their bass slpits at the irvine show were not very good.
female drummers make better kissers

sc_drumline
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by sc_drumline » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:14 pm

yea i can see capo's drumline going far too. they have a great intructor and have a lot of potencial

Maverick_UplandSnare

Post by Maverick_UplandSnare » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:37 pm

Alright...I'm a little partial to these groups but you know I gotta say it Mission is on top of the game usually and Loara as well...as for Upland we're pretty good this year and our winter show is gonna be fun...
Upland High School
Snare: 01-05
Bass: 00-01

SC_SaxMan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SC_SaxMan » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:51 pm

Our drumline is pretty awesome and Tesoro's isnt too bad considering that they are relatively new. They play the parts written for them very well, and the snares are paricualarly good. However, some of the other parts are a little simple but I would expect Tesoro's drumline to be a major factor in the 3A division in this and upcoming years.
Santa margarita scares me, i dont like it when we or one of our sections loses but congrats to them.
I was also suprised to see Capo's score at irvine. Thats excellent, definetly a factor in 2A and they have the potential to win a sweepstakes or two.

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:15 pm

Maverick_UplandSnare wrote:Alright...I'm a little partial to these groups but you know I gotta say it Mission is on top of the game usually and Loara as well...as for Upland we're pretty good this year and our winter show is gonna be fun...
U got one thing there right Loara is doing quite well this year. Man are they working there little buts off in the 5a division. They did very well at the tour. Where chino was It was a close score and as well it was close with Ayala at Kennedy (They beat chino) I tried this year to stay up with Loara's DL scores they are going to be big one day congrads to them I hope they are going to go to Arcadia so they have a chance against all the 6A divisions........ That will be a fun night......Many good DLs there
Show my Pride witht the SCV (Future Corp) Yep Yep!!!!!

Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!

-Dave Kuhns

lhsquad
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lhsquad » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:19 pm

unfortunately we will not be at arcadia this year only for parade, that evening we will be at savanna
Loara Drumline
C/O 2005