The Ultimate Field Tournament

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Band Fan

Post by Band Fan » Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:28 pm

Uhh, this whole band fighting thing is great and all, but does anyone have any ideas which relate to the original topic? Seems to me like this is straying too much from the original post, even for an off topic thread.

SoCalSpinN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SoCalSpinN » Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:21 am

euphman wrote:
hey euphman, what school did u say u came from again?
Oh I come from Castle Park High, Have you ever seen it? :D
Yup, kids from there look pretty wimpy. :D :wink:

Just joshin ya. Had to get you back after the MC - RB flame.
Acronymphos love to have S.E.X.

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:41 pm

If there were a tournament that would be the biggest, it would be called the all Californian battle of the bands tournament. It would be held at the rose bowl and everyone would be invited. The judges would be once again the DCI judges and everyone would be judges in the same class. It's not as fun as the bravheart idea, but it'll do, if it were real....

Mark Stone
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark Stone » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:10 pm

Name – California State Field Band Championships.
Location - Fresno State-best acoustics I’ve heard in a bowl. It is also centrally located. Cal State Fullerton would be a good alternative, but is too far south.
Who - Anyone can enter prelims....
Judging Sheets - WBA Sheets and scoring system, Criterion reference from SCSBOA.
Judges - SCSBOA Judges for music, WGI judges for guard & percussion, WBA judges for effect, DCI judges for visual. The same judging panel for all divisions, but captions are changed from prelims to finals.
Format - 2 days. Prelims in 4 different divisions on the first day. Top 2 from each division and the next highest 7 bands (total of 15) move into an ‘open class’ finals on the second night. All performers attend finals for free and get front side seating. All other spectators sit in the back field and end zones.
Entry Fee – All bands pay $250 to perform in prelims, finals bands are paid $1,000 stipend for performing at finals.
Awards – None, they just got $1,000! Just bragging rights.

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altohack » Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:20 pm

Mark Stone wrote: Entry Fee – All bands pay $250 to perform in prelims, finals bands are paid $1,000 stipend for performing at finals.
Awards – None, they just got $1,000! Just bragging rights.
Wow! You really thought this through. But I think that the final bands shouldn't be paid that much, then how much would the tickets for our parents cost? Like $20 for a field show? So the bands pay usual to preform, I really don't know what that is, if anyone can fill in the blank please do, but Sweepstakes through 3rd gets trophies (overall) 1st in everything else gets a trophy. Sweepstakes gets free entry to next year. Students get patches, for letterman jackets!
Also, I don't think that it will be good to allow every single band that wants to to let them in. I would rather have them get at least a 80 in any field tournament. That way it would be better.
No regrets