Marine Band Comes West for 2004 Concert Tour

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Marine Band Comes West for 2004 Concert Tour

Post by Wildabeast » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:13 pm

Well, first we get the Tour of Champions where the 6 existing title-holding drum & bugle corps gave us a performance of a lifetime.

Now another fine group comes out West to lend us their talents.

http://www.marineband.usmc.mil/pgm_tours_1.html

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by MusicCoach » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:47 pm

Hey! Wildabeast

I also heard about the Marine Band coming out here too. I think it will be a great experience having a military marching band.

:D 8-) :P
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*
*Music Arranger*
*Drill Designer*

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Wildabeast » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:47 pm

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....it's not the marching band. It's the concert ensemble.

allthatjazz251

Post by allthatjazz251 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:53 pm

I really admire the Marine's Music Corp. My boyfriend is going into that playing the tenor sax. I was also considering to but decided to go to college instead. It's cool though. I'm going to teach music instead once I graduate from CSUF. Go Titans!!! 8-)
'NO TOUCHIE!'

vore
Support Staff
Support Staff

Get the music degree first...

Post by vore » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:43 am

FYI for all wanting to join any of the "D.C. Military Bands"

Most of the musicians in the D.C. Military Bands have at least their BM with many members also having their MM as well as professional orchestra experience. You would be surprised at the number of members who also hold their DMA.

It is still possible to join the enlisted ranks of the 35+ member military "post or base" bands with very little formal college music training, but to become a member of any of the D.C. bands is another story.

With the great demise of dozens of US military bands during the "downsizing" of the US military over the last 20 years, the available positions for US military band membership has become highly competitive. "The entrance bar has been raised!"

From one who has been there....

vore

Former member of the 336th US Army Band element of the N.O.R.A.D. Band 1967-1970, Colorado Springs, Colorado. Comprised of 110 musicians (USAF, USA, USN, Canadian Air Force). The N.O.R.A.D. Band is the only "multi-service and multi-national" military band to have ever existed.
Last edited by vore on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Educators are teachers who have taken an easy subject and made it difficult."

allthatjazz251

Post by allthatjazz251 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:00 pm

Whoever emailed me, could you possibly send another one? It was accidently deleted before I could read it. Thanks! :lol:
'NO TOUCHIE!'

bandmaster509

Marine Band

Post by bandmaster509 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:16 am

We are looking forward to playing host to this fine group while they are in the Central California area. Judging by their programmed selections, the concert at the Saroyan Theater promises to be one of the best that Fresno has ever enjoyed. Tickets are going fast but are still available. If you are insterested attending on Nevember 8 and need tickets (they are free), contact me and I'll get them to you. I'm at: montegmur@msn.com

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Concert schedule

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:27 pm

I have posted all the Marine Band Concert dates in California to our events calendar. Included are all the locations and contact information for those venues. They are an awesome ensemble, so if you can make it, do yourself a favor and attend one or more of these great concerts.

Hi Monte.... long time no see. How ya doing? Welcome to the Pageantry Forums!
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster