Drill teams underappreciated?

Topics covering the dance, drill team, pep squad and baton twirling scene

Moderator: Bandmaster

LakewoodDinosaur

Drill teams underappreciated?

Post by LakewoodDinosaur » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:16 pm

I'm in my schools drill team and iono i seriously feel that no one cares about us! Seriously! i know im sounding really whiny right now so forgive me. Don't get me wrong, i LOOOOVE my band and color guard but seriously it sucks sometimes when you're like "Yeah im on the drill team." and people are like "the what?" lol thats all for my rant now...but serioulsy does anyone feel the same?
Last edited by LakewoodDinosaur on Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milah loves you like whoa :) kisses and hugs!

catlove
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by catlove » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:47 pm

I'm in my schools drill team and iono i seriously feel that no one cares about us! Seriously! i know im sounding really whiny right now but wherever i go its always about Color guard or band or cheer. When are people gonna look at us drill teams and be like wow theres some real talent right there! Don't get me wrong, i LOOOOVE my band and color guard but seriously it sucks sometimes when you're like "Yeah im on the drill team." and people are like "the what?" lol thats all for my rant now...but serioulsy does anyone feel the same?
its not that you are underappreciated its that drill teams are a thing of the past. if you notice there are not too many groups that have drill teams. the drill team thing was hot in the 1970's and 1980's. and they started going away from them in the late 80's early 90's. so many people do apprecaiate drill teams but its not that common anymore.

LakewoodDinosaur

i guess you're rite

Post by LakewoodDinosaur » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:46 pm

Yeah i guess you're right. I was being a whiny poo for saying so anyways. But that is true tho cuz i know that there arent that many drill teams around.
Milah loves you like whoa :) kisses and hugs!

MusicCoach
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by MusicCoach » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:31 am

Hey! LakewoodDinosaur

I totally understand you. But you must understand too that Drill Team used to be alot popular back in the late 80s and early 90s. Most of what used to be Drill Team got converted to Color Guards now. When I was in high shcool. I used to be there Student Advisor or Assistant Advisor. And mys students used to get like you. But they just kept going on what like to do and forget what other people had to say about it.

:)
8-)
:P
:roll:
Moreno Valley HS
*Front Ensemble/Battery Instructor* 08-09
*Drill Designer* 08
Temescal Canyon HS
*Front Ensemble Instructor* 05-08
*Marching Instructor* 05-07
Tracy Community Drumline
*Co-Director*