Fundraising

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

audrizzle13
Veteran
Veteran

Fundraising

Post by audrizzle13 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:11 pm

I've been dressing up and going to different places with one of my guard instructors lately to go get donations for our upcoming seasons. We've broken-up what we need into 4 different catagories. Such as sponsering new I.D.'s and such. And then just donating a cetain amount of money and having it be tax deductable. We've gone to car dealerships, jellybelly, real estate offices, spa's and stuff like that. What have you guys found works for fundraising? We can't do candy sales at school due to school policy, and were doing car washes and I think a feed or two. Any place that you think would be good for donations? What ways do you find best draw a person in? We have a packet with our winterguard picture on the front that says, 2004 NCBA Scholastic Champions. Anything suggestion would be useful. Thank you ahead of time.
myspace.com/audreypuff
Nurses do it painless.
Nurses do it with TLC.
Nurses do it with care.
Nurses do it with intensive care.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:49 pm

Too bad you can't do the candy sale; that brings in a lot of money. We have had a garage sale a couple of times and those help a lot. Get everyone on your guard to donate stuff, just about anything sells. You can even have some what of a baked goods sale cause brownies and cookies sell really well. We also sell water and soda's and for the early morning part, coffee. Most garage sale people come around EARLY, like around 5 or 6. That’s usually when we start setting up and people are still starting to show up, so if you're not an early riser this could be a toughie cause afternoon garage sales just don't go to well. and just a thought, even if you can't do candy sales AT school, you could do OUTSIDE of school, like at your own work or at a parents work or at church or anything else, might be harder though. I can't think of anything else, hope it all works out for you guys!
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

captain-lo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by captain-lo » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:59 pm

One fundraiser we do in the summer is carwashing! We have to go door to door, because our city has some rule about carwashes at gas stations and public places. but anyway, we earned alot of money going door to door, offering to wash peoples cars. wed just bringa hose and the usual car wash supplies and charge 6 bucks a car i think...its a fun time. :lol: