Juggling Act.

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Juggling Act.

Post by LibertyPress » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:04 pm

I know, it takes a lot out of me to juggle 2 jobs and colorguard. Thank goodness my managers are willing to be flexible with my schedule. I think it's kinda cool, yet frustrating sometimes, but it really helps you pace yourself and helps you learn how to balance things to make them work.

How does everyone else find time to juggle, jobs, schools, etc and still have time for guard.
One mo again.

MsNikki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MsNikki » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:35 pm

Last year the 2003 winter season was CRAZY. I did 4 guards (3 middle, 1 high school) and I was going to NVC. Basically, I had no time! I didn't get home until late every night (since I had practice or a competition 6 days a week) and my only day of rest was Sunday. But I thrive when I'm busy. I love being busy. Doesn't leave much time to get into any trouble, haha
World Of Pageantry Champion!

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Juggling Act II

Post by Mad City » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:05 pm

I've been teaching three to six units depending on the time of year, for the past two and a half years. It's a fun way to make a living!

As long as the rehearsal schedules work out, (lucky they do!), it's totally possible to do guard/corp/marching/etc. for a living. Not having health benifits is a bummer though.

When I was marching, I don't think I could have done two jobs and guard! One job and school was bad enough!
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done"