Who Do You Think Will Remain Good?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Who Do You Think Will Remain Good?

Post by hhs1 » Tue May 25, 2004 3:29 pm

Now that we are all done who do you think might sulprise us all.Who will remain on top and who do you think will not just a question I know its early
but just curious since most of us have begun working towards next year. :twisted:

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Tue May 25, 2004 4:54 pm

I think the world as well as open lines (wgi, and adla) lines will stay good if their staff stays with them. A good staff will reflect on their line. You guys at hawthorne are a good example of that. Will all those great techs and caption head, you guys have really earned yourselves a big name in the drumming world and even a sponsorship. Congrats to the hawthorne line and big kudos to the staff. :D
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Tue May 25, 2004 5:38 pm

WhSDrUmBuM wrote:I think the world as well as open lines (wgi, and adla) lines will stay good if their staff stays with them. A good staff will reflect on their line. You guys at hawthorne are a good example of that. With all those great techs and caption head, you guys have really earned yourselves a big name in the drumming world and even a sponsorship. Congrats to the hawthorne line and big kudos to the staff. :D
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Tue May 25, 2004 9:59 pm

I have a qustion? Does everyone think that indoor refex outdoor performance? I come from a group that does not perform indoor (winter Drumline) and our outdoor performance is on the top of the 6 A division. So since my group does not do indoor do you 1. think that, that hurts us and 2. do you think that we lose respect?

Your thoughts please

weezer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by weezer » Tue May 25, 2004 10:32 pm

Well, it IS an advantage because you're marching and playing year-round, but in no way does it lose you any respect. At least not from me.
So this dyslexic guy walks into a bra...

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Loose Respect?

Post by hhs1 » Tue May 25, 2004 11:09 pm

Unfortunatly the top dogs do compete in indoor. The presure the competition the pure feel of drumming together all year. The biggest factor? line against line, NO BAND involved. Qualified judjes with experience in the art of percussive theather{WGI-SCPA} comming from a group not known for a good band let me tell you feild is only a proving ground for indoor. As far as respect like i said you get respect from the good programs AYALA , MISSION , ARCADIA, SADDLEBACK,HAWTHORNE, ETC. All of these compete heavy in the winter so to be respected you need to be active! fall and mostly winter ONCE YOU MAKE A NAME for your self in this arena of competition,you get the RESPECT you so worked so hard YEAR ROUND to ACHEIVE
just my opinion

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

very true

Post by curios0811 » Thu May 27, 2004 12:27 pm

its true, a lot of lines always look forward to see how they do indoor and outdoor. And the competition is heavy, which school are you from Survivor?
Yo