alright, what about "gaurds" in drumline shows?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

TimpaniG
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by TimpaniG » Thu May 20, 2004 12:53 pm

Speaking of which... I hope Hawthorne remembered to send flowers and a "thank you" card to your visual judge after Championships :D
heh heh heh...

Great season everybody.... see ya next year.
Rich Gordon - instructor / arranger Saddleback H.S., Anaheim H.S., & Magnolia H.S., Trabuco Hills H.S. - 2005 WGI Silver Medalists!
Band Director - Sycamore J.H.S.

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Thu May 20, 2004 5:16 pm

:cool2: Sweet steve, a junior gaurd with warner's drumline... thats a great idea!! And it would feed into our small Whs gaurd... Awesome, im so excited for next year lol.
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

hey

Post by curios0811 » Fri May 21, 2004 1:09 pm

Hey Rich, did you like the recaps, same thing we have been saying ever since Nightmare Before Christmas. Cant say it on-line but you know the 2 words. LOL, he congrats on Saddleback, you guys did an awsome job at ADLA champs, i saw you guys and you did great, good luck next year, he email when you get the chance, talk to you soon

-steve ordaz
Yo

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

The Flowers From Hawthorne.

Post by hhs1 » Fri May 21, 2004 4:21 pm

Yeah im sulprised we won visual but hey we took out a "WGI WORLD " LINE
we were only a tenth in music and i think a tenth in ge but 1. something in visual. who would of known? visual! I only remember last year when we were blasted on the net by a individual stating we move to world and play with the big boys Instead of wining lower divisions. well we came out to play this year.
ARE WE considered big boys now? and yeah the flowes have been sent. A
PRIVILAGE to have competed against a name filled with tradition like saddleback. I personally loved your show and hope to see you in the near future. hhs1 cap head HAWTHORNE.

HHS PERCUSSION
02 DIV 3 ADLA CHAMPS
03 OPEN DIV CHAMPS
04 SCPA FINALIST
04 WGI WORLD CHAPIONSHIPS FINALIST
04 ADLA WORLD DIV CHAMPS :roll:

TimpaniG
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by TimpaniG » Fri May 21, 2004 10:22 pm

:D

heh heh - I can't believe you still remember that post. Well, yes... I would consider you one of the "big boys" - I mean we (Saddleback Staff) considered you to be a great ensemble from the first time we saw the line play... what I was saying was that it was time to come play in a division that you belong in. So anyway... congratulations and I hope to see you again next year. As for Saddleback... well let's just say that I hope to see them around next year also :roll:

Take Care Guys
Rich Gordon - instructor / arranger Saddleback H.S., Anaheim H.S., & Magnolia H.S., Trabuco Hills H.S. - 2005 WGI Silver Medalists!
Band Director - Sycamore J.H.S.

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Sadleback??????

Post by hhs1 » Sat May 22, 2004 8:48 am

I truly hope what i heard is only what we all wish to be a rumor not having you guys inactive is like no ayala or mission. alot of hard work has gone in your group "i have had my eye on you" The sad part is we can spend billions of dollars on killers drug lords criminals in jail but wen something as positive as music, to keep kids from ending up in jail comes along we dont have funding.
well we as staff and students are almost identical and i am aware of what you have to do just to have a program. If there is anything at all we, can assist you with anything, please give us a call. with out saddleback,rubidoux,granada hills, and the heards of others and after hearing of this maybe us as well.
there is no one left in world in ADLA. WELL good luck and my respect and deep apologies for any misunderstandings. good luck and see you next year

HHS1 CAP HEAD HHS "10 SECOND PONY" 8-)
Last edited by hhs1 on Sat May 22, 2004 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

hey rich

Post by curios0811 » Sat May 22, 2004 1:37 pm

Hey Rich, is Robert staying over at Saddleback, i really hope to see them next year. You still have some good drummers their. Congrats man, 6 years i think you were at SHS. The longest anyone has stayed their. Without you that line would be in who knows were. But i would like to thank you for getting me started. If you didnt give that oppurtunity in teaching, man who knows what would of happen if you didnt give me that show. Thanks again. Oh, are you gonna be a judge? Hey, email me when you can, see you later.
Yo