Pit Instructor

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Pit Instructor

Post by curios0811 » Wed May 19, 2004 9:10 pm

Just wondering who wants to teach Pit in the Huntington Beach/Westminster area?????? Email me or write back here. thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Yo

liz22189

What are the benefits and when?

Post by liz22189 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:50 pm

I haven't played mallets for about 4 years now, but used to be section leader, etc. etc. for Villa Park High School. Have a basic knowledge of all instruments and would be willing to teach but want to know when, what are the benefits for me, etc. etc.

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Post by curios0811 » Mon May 24, 2004 1:49 pm

email me.....................

curios0811@yahoo.com
Yo

MalleTragic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalleTragic » Mon May 24, 2004 9:06 pm

Hey old pit guy, were you in the pit last year? Maybe I know you then! Or maybe you were there before I came to VP (I'm only a sophomore after all).

Teaching is awesome. Good luck in your search for instructors!

EDIT: Wow I should have read more carefully. So you must have been at Villa Park in the Luigi days, eh?
Villa Park High School (02-06)- Drumline Captain
Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra (04-06)- Principal Percussion
Cleveland Institute of Music (06-10)- Undergraduate Timpani/Percussion Performance

liz22189

Luigi

Post by liz22189 » Tue May 25, 2004 11:50 pm

Yeah, Luigi was my instructor the whole time. He was a great guy and I had such an enjoyable experience working with him, he taught me basically everything I know. How is the pit doing this year at VP? Lets just say, I was around when the pit was just me and one other person. Now look at what it has become, and that is thanks to Luigi in a large part.

liz22189

hb job

Post by liz22189 » Wed May 26, 2004 1:15 pm

So I emailed you, when should i expect a reply? Any idea where your instruction would be?

MalleTragic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalleTragic » Wed May 26, 2004 7:16 pm

I never had Luigi unfortunately. Now a Brian Keylor and Ivan Pacheco teach the line. I hear that Luigi is a great teacher though. The pit is doing well, but I think that their potential can be tapped to a greater extent. Last year almost all the pit graduated so this year we have a pretty young line (almost entirely first year players). I'm looking forward to next year when I'll be pit captain again and I can focus in on an area that I can teach much better.
Villa Park High School (02-06)- Drumline Captain
Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra (04-06)- Principal Percussion
Cleveland Institute of Music (06-10)- Undergraduate Timpani/Percussion Performance

liz22189

help at vp

Post by liz22189 » Wed May 26, 2004 10:37 pm

If you ever need any help with practices or anything, feel free to give me a call. I will come down and help out my old alma mater whenever I can. By the way, I have a brother at VP right now, maybe you know him. His name is Kevin Mundia, he plays polo. Anyways, if you need to, talk to brian or ivan. I think i have met brian before but not ivan. You can tell him that I would love to help out with the pit. Later