Do you have someone?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Do you have someone?

Post by flagchild06 » Thu May 13, 2004 10:46 pm

Do you have your best friend or someone that's really close to you in guard?

We have big sisters in our guard to make sure the freshman have a role model and someone to help them and stuff and I was just wondering if you guys had your best friend in guard or if you were really tight with someone and the story behind it and stuff.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Fri May 14, 2004 12:39 am

::SIGH::
One mo again.

CaptainKiki
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CaptainKiki » Fri May 14, 2004 10:44 am

I'm really close with my other Co-Captain, Holly. She and I were friendly before (most people on the Guard are, even though there are cliques and some people just can't handle being to close to one another), but when we both joined the leadership team, we went through a lot together. We share secrets and can talk about things that no one would understand, or would just pass over and not find particularly important.

During auditions, each old member partners up with an auditioner, so they can have some one-on-one time. Especially when we audition, it's partnered up like that. The pairs usually get along really well (even though it's assigned), and sometimes returning members bring their freshman (or, rather, all first year spinners) a good luck gift. It's really cute. :)
Woodbridge High School
2003 - "It Spins Us Around": (BE THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER! Not the Air Conditioner)
2004 - "Pacific 231": (GAME ON!)
2005 - "Master of Suspense": (In the RIDER)
Color Guard Co-Captain 2003-2005
Class of 2006 :)

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Fri May 14, 2004 2:42 pm

my my my Leo...it's a good thing your banquet is today, otherewise i'd be worried for you... :wink:

friends on guard? well, i made pretty darn good friends with just about everybody on my winterguard, and two of them carry over to field with me, so they count as my good friends for field too (which is the current season that i'm guessing you're refering to)
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Fri May 14, 2004 2:46 pm

HAHAH! Thanks Beckie.

GO PRIDE BOX!
One mo again.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Fri May 14, 2004 3:26 pm

I wouldn’t say I’m joined at the hip with anyone on my guard but I’m still good friends with just about all of them. There is this one girl that has been on guard with me since freshmen year. We’re both introverts so we've just always had a bond. Another girl on the guard and I used to be best friends (in fact she's the one who got me into it). We aren't as close as we used to be, but we are still really good friends. And my sister's in guard too. I’m surprised to find out how much I love having my sis on guard, its absolute blast seeing your little sis on the floor doing something she loves because you do too. Next year we have I think 6 sets of sister :o hope we don't get too much sibling rivalry!!!
My best friend is in band, but she still comes to all my guard competitions and supports me. :)
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Fri May 14, 2004 3:35 pm

I'm good friends with pretty much everyone on the guard, but my best friend is not in guard. Like flagchild said, we try to be welcoming to everyone and all be friends and lots of people on my guard have their best friends on guard, but not me.

cgdoors

Post by cgdoors » Fri May 14, 2004 6:12 pm

This year I marched with my best friend for the first time. We taught last year together and it was fun, we got to know each other very well. Its sad that he will be leaving to go march this summer I will miss him SO much. Have fun this summer
:crying: :kiss:

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Fri May 14, 2004 9:26 pm

LibertyPress wrote:HAHAH! Thanks Beckie.

GO PRIDE BOX!
Yeah! Luv Ya Leo!!!
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

vhsguardlvr07

Post by vhsguardlvr07 » Sat May 15, 2004 10:41 am

We have three guard captains at our school. Julia, Edward and I. All three of us are REALLY close. We all go out TP'ing random insturctors together. We talked about everything. Edward is like the big brother that Julia and I never had and Julia and I are like sisters. I've been friends with Julia since 7th grade, but our dads have been friends since we were both really little. So when she and I get together we can get away with murder because our parents totally trust us together. We met Edward when we came to high school and now he's leaving after this year. Everyone in our guard (minus one person) totally gets along with one another, but the captains are all best friends.

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Sat May 15, 2004 12:40 pm

in my guard there is a group of us that are really close and hang out all the time. we are from 3 class levals so it pretty interesting because you might think some of us have a higher maturity than the younger ones but we dont. the freshman is just as mature as us. we have kinda all been through the same things. we can all tell eachother pretty much everything and we are all there for eachother. this is mis amigos!
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.