ADLA Championship Results...

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

1GreatMilenko1

Post by 1GreatMilenko1 » Tue May 11, 2004 8:37 am

San Marcos High - OPEN DIVISION CHAMPIONS
Captions: High Cymbals

I believe that we did really great. I believe that we deserved that score that we received. I don't know if it should've been us winning or santa barbara but that's because i have never seen their show. Anyways, I wanna congratulate them on a great season.

oh and to hawthorne w/ your "viper" move. . .nice. . .i'm not gonna diss you guys or anything. awesome job this year. there were times that i couldn't see the cymbals, so i was wondering if you guys had any visuals that you guys made up? we had a couple. but anyways. . .i believe your line earned the WORLD div. championships. good job.
do you guys have a girl on the cymbal line?

lmdirector

Post by lmdirector » Wed May 12, 2004 9:45 am

Yea there is a cym girl there & thats me Cym #2

Crazy_Black_Sax

Post by Crazy_Black_Sax » Thu May 13, 2004 8:40 pm

El Modena in Orange. got 4th out of 5 with a score of 90.
i disagree with placement, because that was one of our best shows. at least it was one of mine. but i cant do anything about it sooo you know. my favs were mine, Villa parks, UNLV, and PCC. they were good. unfortunatly because we were in world i didnt get to see any other world lines, but im sure i would have enjoyed them since everybody has really good things to say about them.
If you give a mouse a cookie, he's gonna want a glass of milk.

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Post by curios0811 » Fri May 14, 2004 11:49 am

ya go cymbal chick.............lol geat job cymbals, you guys are awsome, thank you for having your trust in me and doing that 4 way viper jump, only you guys had the guts to try it and accomplish it. I would like to see another school pull that off. Thanks again.

tigger

Post by tigger » Fri May 14, 2004 3:47 pm

Hey Steve... Your Welcome... the 4way viper jump was the easy'est visual we did this year.... ( yeah right! ) lol It was really hard at 1st..Hey! are you going to our consert... ? 8-)

gamermanbc
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by gamermanbc » Fri May 14, 2004 4:27 pm

Im from la sierra... and im pretty dissapointed in our show on saturday. Our score went down by a point! We should have done way better... and last show our score only went up .2. What sucks is that we only saw THREE other shows this season! we were always the last to perform! And I'm not in the pit so I dont really get part of the high pit award... I just think outr show wasn't visual enough and we DEFINITELY weren't enthusiastic about it enough... well i was... and then one of our props fell over at the beginning!!! across the boundary!!! everyone got discoiuraged over that and lost focus... i did, i think...
I M A BAND NERD!!!!!
SNARES RULE!!!!!
AND... um... uh.... YEAH! THATS RIGHT!

PrideofOklahoma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by PrideofOklahoma » Fri May 14, 2004 10:22 pm

I'm from PV peninsula, 7th place Scholastic A Red with a 61.
Captions: High Snare

Our show was not bad, but not the best either. Things just didn't work out for some odd reason. :?

I was a soloist, 'A' Snare first place with an average score of 75. I'm a bit disappointed for my performance, and I'm also a bit concerned about getting 'first place' when I don't have ANY COMPETITIONS :x . But I guess it was an ok season for me.

Personally, I don't agree with the placements... obviously because we got last place, but I'm not here to complain. From a more technical point of view, it seems like most of the placements are fair.

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Sun May 16, 2004 10:19 pm

Wow, what thoughtful and polite postings! This is the kind of thing I love to see on this board - people congratulating each other, reflecting on their performances, and offering insight. Having watched most of both days of championships, I'd have to say the best thing was that ALL the lines shows were better (even if the scores can't always reflect that), and the World division especially proved that they deserved to be there! I know there were some difficulties with the site, but that's another string for another time - the kids and parents there were doing their best. I hope everyone had a great time!

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Hawthorne World Div Champs.

Post by hhs1 » Mon May 17, 2004 9:41 am

Happy with our results santafe was not to bad those of us who compete in WGI are used to this FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. DONT LIKE IT should of been there earlier . as far as us I think our greatest accomplishment this year was placing in the top 12 open lines MAKING FINALS ,COMPETING WITH
the best lines in the country at WGI WORLD CHAMP IN SAN DIEGO. ITt was 3 days of hell but it prepared us for adla champs. to all the lines congrats. to hawthorne well deserved awsome talent. you keep improving every year see you next year

blueyedcheerleader13

Last ADLA Championships for Torrance High School

Post by blueyedcheerleader13 » Mon May 17, 2004 5:45 pm

:D Hey! This is Torrance High School's Drumline captain!

We were kinda bummed about our score. We haven't really improved the last couple of competitions. We placed fourth in Open White. :? Sometimes you just don't win. One of the judges didn't get our show. It was based on Billy Joel's song; "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant." We also competed in SCPA and WGI this year. Instead of getting dead last in SCPA this year, we are moving up. Our instructor has decided to enter us only in SCPA next year. Hopefully this will encourage a strengthening of our line and the skills therein.

I competed in the solo Open Mallet competitions. I received third place overall. I am happy with that, as it was a new experience and taught me a lot about the percussive world, and myself. Congratulations to Derek who won first place in Open Mallet. He was astounding at A.B. Miller! I have a new level to work towards. :D Congratulation to Lydia Noh on her second place! However, I did not get to see her perform. I'm sure she did wonderfully. :)
Torrance High School's pit section recieved the High Pit caption award this year!!! :D I am very proud of them, they all worked very hard to play well. I am also very proud of my drumline as a whole, they performed extremely well.
Congratulations to PV High school in Scholastic A, High Snares!!! Also, congratulations to Santa Fe high school on their first place! Oh! I would also like to congratulate Otay Ranch on an awesome show and great intensity. :shock:

Overall it was an extremely interesting season for us, and we learned a lot about drumming, circuits, and tactics. Sadly, Torrance High School will not be performing in ADLA again, so I wish you all good luck and a good next season.

Best wishes! Keep up the beats!

MalleTragic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalleTragic » Mon May 17, 2004 10:22 pm

Hi Jasmine! It was great seeing you perform at AB Miller. Your solo had a really great amount of room for musicality and you definetly fulfilled it!! Good luck to your line in SCPA next year, I hear it is a fantastic organization!
Villa Park High School (02-06)- Drumline Captain
Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra (04-06)- Principal Percussion
Cleveland Institute of Music (06-10)- Undergraduate Timpani/Percussion Performance

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Torrance?

Post by hhs1 » Tue May 18, 2004 8:21 am

WHY WILL YOU NOT BE AT ADLA NEXT YEAR? SAD TO HEAR THAT THOUGHT YOU GUYS DID IMPROVE,

ChaoSnare
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ChaoSnare » Tue May 18, 2004 10:03 pm

We're (THD) not competing in ADLA next year because of numerous reasons. One, our instructor thinks we'd benefit from both competing and watching the more advanced lines in SCPA (part of the reason we did SCPA and WGI the past season), two, we can focus more on the drumming rather than visual, and three, the judging will be more consistant. Basically, our instrutoc thinks it'll help us grow more as a line.

punkmehard
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by punkmehard » Tue May 18, 2004 10:19 pm

ChaoSnare wrote: two, we can focus more on the drumming rather than visual, and three, the judging will be more consistant. Basically, our instrutoc thinks it'll help us grow more as a line.

werd.
i totally hear ya on those last two
Troy Highschool Battery Lieutenant '03-'04

BASS ONE!!! represent

werd to the drumline.
:):)

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Post by curios0811 » Tue May 18, 2004 11:18 pm

word!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yo