Pirates Of The Carribean

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

Ace
Rookie
Rookie

Pirates Of The Carribean

Post by Ace » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:19 am

Has anyone played the Pirates of the Carribean song? We looked at it a couple times. It's easy but fun and sounds really good.
My Keys
POLY
02'-03' Synth
03'-04 Caliope

GO PICCOLOS!
Poly PIT

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:40 pm

I want to play it because I love that music. What song(s) did you guys play? Or did you play them all?
OHS '01 - '05

Ace
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ace » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:43 pm

It's a medley including the songs:Fog Bound, The Medallion Calls, To The Pirates Cave, The Black Pearl, One Last Shot, and He's a Pirate
My Keys
POLY
02'-03' Synth
03'-04 Caliope

GO PICCOLOS!
Poly PIT

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:38 pm

The Black Pearl is my favorite one because it has the low winds feature in the middle...well, it sounds like it atleast.lol. I also like the cello solo in Fog Bound.
OHS '01 - '05

MusicMan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MusicMan » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:28 pm

We're playing it in my wind ensemble, I don't really like it. I play trumpet, and the only remotely difficult thing about my part is that is goes up to a High D, thats it. What arrangement are u playing?
practice ur horn

Ace
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ace » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:10 pm

I'm playing it in both Orchestra and Wind Ensemble. In orhcestra the cello has the solo in "Fog Bound" and in Wind Ensemble the baritone has the solo in "Fog Bound". They both sound pretty cool though. I play flute for both but I like the flute arrangement for orchestra better.
My Keys
POLY
02'-03' Synth
03'-04 Caliope

GO PICCOLOS!
Poly PIT

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:14 pm

I'm not playing any... :( but I hope someday I will!
OHS '01 - '05

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:34 pm

we were going to, but, due to some difficulties we aren't.good luck in your guys festivals :wink:
Nothing is impossible with God!

Khan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Pirates Of The Carribean

Post by Khan » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:40 am

Ace wrote:Has anyone played the Pirates of the Carribean song? We looked at it a couple times. It's easy but fun and sounds really good.
I'm guessing you mean music from the movie, Pirates of the Caribbean, rather than the "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me" tune from the ride at Disneyland. If that's the case, Leigh High School's marching band (from San Jose) performed music from the film in their field show this past fall. The show was entitled A Dead Man's Tale, and was quite a hit with audiences and judges alike. The students had a blast performing music from a film that was still in theaters at the time. You can check out their website at http://www.leighband.org/marching.html.

Khan

MechAnt
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Pirates Of The Carribean

Post by MechAnt » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:23 pm

Ace wrote:Has anyone played the Pirates of the Carribean song? We looked at it a couple times. It's easy but fun and sounds really good.
My school played the sympthony suite of it. It not easy it is medium, but it is really techincal.
CVHS Rules!!!

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:46 pm

were looking at it right now... its fun.
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05

VM Trumpet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by VM Trumpet » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:06 pm

I played some version of it... <goes and looks for it> <finds it> It reads: "Arranged by Michael Brow---". (when it got copied, the rest got cut off)

It was a fun piece. Not very difficult. But it puts you in that "Aye, matey" pirate mood! It seems now that up-tempo pirate music should be in 3/4. That's really the only way to get that feel...
Vista Murrieta Golden Alliance
Trumpet Section Leader: '03 - '07

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit."
-Aristotle

MechAnt
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MechAnt » Sun May 02, 2004 7:20 pm

VM Trumpet wrote:I played some version of it... <goes and looks for it> <finds it> It reads: "Arranged by Michael Brow---". (when it got copied, the rest got cut off)

It was a fun piece. Not very difficult. But it puts you in that "Aye, matey" pirate mood! It seems now that up-tempo pirate music should be in 3/4. That's really the only way to get that feel...
Well, it harder for me, i can't play above the staff. The very last part does not work in 3/4 my band has already tried.
CVHS Rules!!!

kiltedfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kiltedfreak » Thu May 13, 2004 7:39 pm

Our Brass A ensemble played pirates of the caribean this year and it sounded really cool.

frausto86

Post by frausto86 » Thu May 13, 2004 10:15 pm

We're playing Pirates in our Wind Ensemble. It's kind of a disappointment becuase the arrangement we're playing doesn't include all the parts that I love so dearly from the soundtrack but it's still a blast to play.. Well I shouldn't say "to play" because the entire tuba part is quarter notes ( :P ) but I love listening to it while playing.