Themes

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Traverse
New Recruit
New Recruit

Themes

Post by Traverse » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:39 pm

What is your lines theme/music that you are all playing? We have a bit off an odd cartoon theme going on, but it has music from the Jetsons, X, and Mortal Combat.
Be glad you don't have to stick a marimba on a harness and march it.

Veria
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Veria » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:25 pm

Our drumline's doing Pee-Wee Herman. It's so cool! They've the music from Pee-Wee Herman's Big Adventure and everyone on the line is wearing the gray suits with red bow-ties and everything! it's so awesome lol
Incognito Drum Line 2006 - 2007
Incognito Drum Line 2007 - 2008
Incognito Drum and Bugle Corps - 2008

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:18 pm

Ours is Nintendo songs, Its Mario Pac-man and Zelda stuff

PercussionAndAllThatJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PercussionAndAllThatJazz » Sat May 08, 2004 9:04 pm

LQHSBando4ver Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our drumline's doing Pee-Wee Herman. It's so cool! They've the music from Pee-Wee Herman's Big Adventure and everyone on the line is wearing the gray suits with red bow-ties and everything! it's so awesome lol
OH!!!!!! Are you guys in scholastic a? I think you've been pretty much our main competition along with rio mesa this season. Good luck tomorrow!

Our show is music from Cirque du Soleil (Primarily La Nouba and Saltimbanco) and is themed around Cinderella. The show starts at midnight and follows the story after that time. Check it out, it's crazy. :D
-Resa-
Impulse DM 2006

pichick86

Post by pichick86 » Mon May 10, 2004 5:46 pm

Our show theme was designed by Christine and John Owens. It's called "Charlie Chaplin: She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not." We got an actor/ tapdancer to play Charlie Chaplin and he totally fits the part, third bass plays the pretty girl, and the cymbal plays the villain. The idea was that everything was black and white so for championships we had to wear white face powder and dark black eye makeup to get that across. It's really funny, there's a storyline and everything and we play about six shorter songs so it keeps the attention of the crowd. If you haven't seen it then I'm sorry to say that our season ended at Championships when we got the Scholastic B Champions. If you get a chance to see it then you really should, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it. (Oh! we're playing one last time at Sultana high School's 'Drumline Night'. So if your interested then come check us out and Sultana High School's show too. "Dante's Inferno"-Scholastic A)

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Mon May 10, 2004 7:21 pm

Evelyn wrote:Our show theme was designed by Christine and John Owens. It's called "Charlie Chaplin: She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not." We got an actor/ tapdancer to play Charlie Chaplin and he totally fits the part, third bass plays the pretty girl, and the cymbal plays the villain. The idea was that everything was black and white so for championships we had to wear white face powder and dark black eye makeup to get that across. It's really funny, there's a storyline and everything and we play about six shorter songs so it keeps the attention of the crowd. If you haven't seen it then I'm sorry to say that our season ended at Championships when we got the Scholastic B Champions. If you get a chance to see it then you really should, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it. (Oh! we're playing one last time at Sultana high School's 'Drumline Night'. So if your interested then come check us out and Sultana High School's show too. "Dante's Inferno"-Scholastic A)
I saw it. I liked it alot. It was crazy creative and the performers were awesome. I even stopped making my paper airplane to focus on it! Believe me, that's a big compliment. :wink:
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

CaliTrptLeader

Post by CaliTrptLeader » Mon May 10, 2004 7:36 pm

we played nightmare before x-mas it was cool becuse that movie is a really good movie :twisted:
Last edited by CaliTrptLeader on Tue May 11, 2004 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veria
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Veria » Mon May 10, 2004 7:40 pm

PercussionAndAllThatJazz wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH!!!!!! Are you guys in scholastic a? I think you've been pretty much our main competition along with rio mesa this season. Good luck tomorrow!
i think we're in scholastic B, i'm not sure though...
Incognito Drum Line 2006 - 2007
Incognito Drum Line 2007 - 2008
Incognito Drum and Bugle Corps - 2008

ijuskiddin

Post by ijuskiddin » Tue May 11, 2004 4:43 pm

PercussionAndAllThatJazz wrote:

Our show is music from Cirque du Soleil (Primarily La Nouba and Saltimbanco) and is themed around Cinderella. The show starts at midnight and follows the story after that time. Check it out, it's crazy. :D
I loved your show! The girls on pointe were rad! My friends and I LOVE Cirque! Have you seen the Cirque show on Bravo "Solstrum" It's pretty cool!
It's all good in the hood like a woodchuck could chuck wood.

PercussionAndAllThatJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PercussionAndAllThatJazz » Tue May 11, 2004 7:35 pm

I haven't been watching solstrom but i have seen varekai, and i loved it. Cirque is really rad, and now i wanna be a contortionist. :jester:

I'll tell the dancers you liked them.

And you're from ElMo? Loved you guys. :wink:
-Resa-
Impulse DM 2006

Fore!
Rookie
Rookie

Our Show

Post by Fore! » Tue May 11, 2004 10:12 pm

Our show is HYSTERIA The Legacy of teen scream. The idea was that we would take the hit songs of their time, from 1950 to present day, and put them together. It is a really fun show to do and I had a lot of fun with it. 8-)