inside jokes/rituals :)

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

drummerfromtroy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drummerfromtroy » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:43 pm

hey tetzlaff! its your old drum captain : ) and punkmehard is the top bass at troy, i think you know her!! hint hint

haha your funny, u and your rituals. later man
Center Snare '03-'04
Percussion Captain 2001-2004

punkmehard
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by punkmehard » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:52 pm

cha

werd to the top bass

hahaahah.
HI TETZLAFF!!!
Troy Highschool Battery Lieutenant '03-'04

BASS ONE!!! represent

werd to the drumline.
:):)

tetzlaffdrummer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tetzlaffdrummer » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:06 pm

whatz up guys. Yeah we do a lot of wierd stuff especially since only 3 of us are juniors and 3 of us are seniors out of 15. the Seniors are in the pit and most of the rituals happen among the battery.
2001 - 4th bass (Troy)
2002 - 3rd bass(winter)
2002 - 4th bass
2003 - pit (winter)
2003 - 4th bass (El Dorado)
2004 - Bass Captain!!!!!

"Hail to the Mighty Troj"
"Do it for the Troj"

tetzlaffdrummer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tetzlaffdrummer » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:29 pm

you went to the clinic with Thomas Hannum right AuxDudette? I think I remember you. I went to Ladera Vista too. That was good times man. Getting yelled at by Mr. Steinkeonig was my altime favorite. Duff goes to Troy and thats all who went to troy from ladera vista in the percussion section. Everyone else went to Fullerton High School. :arrow: :arrow:
2001 - 4th bass (Troy)
2002 - 3rd bass(winter)
2002 - 4th bass
2003 - pit (winter)
2003 - 4th bass (El Dorado)
2004 - Bass Captain!!!!!

"Hail to the Mighty Troj"
"Do it for the Troj"

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:54 pm

You all will get a kick out of this one.....

We hosted a field show at my school ok and after awards we all meet on the 50 and our director gives us our jobs by section.Tubs clean the field, Flutes clean the bandroom so on so on. Well the perscuisson sectoin had to celean around the Jym ok and well there are paches of grass right around it and the spriklers were going off. These were the ones that goo Shoot Shoot Shoot Spaaaaa you know right anyways, we were walking around it and two of the older members picked me up and threw me on the spriklers everyone laughed. Well next year we got the same job and well we saw the sprinlers and decided to do it agin. (the frist time it happend was to me my freshman year the second time it happend it was my soph year but we did it to freshman.) So we piced a freshamn to do it to and we got him good. Another freshman was laughing so we got him too. This year we got two more freshman and I now guess it is a everlasting triditon.....

-survivor

Noh

Post by Noh » Tue May 04, 2004 2:35 pm

OOOHH how fun!!!

This subject is awsome by the way!!!Koodos to you!!!!

Well, the first one we have is breakfast at Denny before the last comp...boosts moral. Then we walk back to school, and...well this might be kinda icky...the guys are supposed to take a picture with their backs to the camera...the picture looks like their peeing on the wall.... yeah. I don't know why the guys do that but....guys will be guys.

We take up our mascot for awards, it just HAPPENS to be a dancing chicken that sings the chicken dance.

I don't want to ruin any more, so ill stop for now.

Email me if you wanna know more!!!

gamermanbc
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by gamermanbc » Fri May 07, 2004 11:43 pm

TAG!!!!

This year our line started a neverending game of tag. The cool thing is you never know who's it and you can surprise someone by just walking up and tagging them. We usually go to great lengths to keep from getting tagged, like running across campus in the middle of lunch, wasting away time i could be finishing my chemistry homework.
I M A BAND NERD!!!!!
SNARES RULE!!!!!
AND... um... uh.... YEAH! THATS RIGHT!

gamermanbc
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by gamermanbc » Fri May 07, 2004 11:48 pm

oh yeah... and me and my friends have "codenames" for like half the ppl in the band.... no one ever knows who were talking about... and then this one guy comes up with these "missions" like "operation: La Ventana" (spanish word for window, which is a codename for this one girl in band... long story). Some good times have come out of this...
I M A BAND NERD!!!!!
SNARES RULE!!!!!
AND... um... uh.... YEAH! THATS RIGHT!