who will win adla world

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Adla World

Post by hhs1 » Wed May 05, 2004 9:58 am

3 DAYS TILL THE BIG DANCE WHAT ARE YOUR PREDICTIONS OF ALL THE CLASSES AND CAPTIONS?

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

world

Post by curios0811 » Wed May 05, 2004 10:59 am

i love this argument. well i have to agree though with Rancho Cucamonga, El Modena should have not taken second place, i think La quinta show is a lot better. And that kid juggling the stick, hey it happens. Even at Wgi their was some people dropping mallets, and even falling down. So it happens everywere. Anything can happen at Champs. Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleed Blue

Post by Bleed Blue » Wed May 05, 2004 4:10 pm

World
1) Saddleback
2) Hawthorne
3) El Modena
4) La Quinta
5) Downey

snares- Saddleback
tenors- Hawthorne
basses-?
cymbals-?
pit-?

I teach a group in open, so I don't know.

Scholastic A
1) Huntington Beach
2) Rio Mesa
3) Riverside Poly

CaliTrptLeader

Post by CaliTrptLeader » Wed May 05, 2004 6:25 pm

I think Saddleback will win world

Slavetomusic

Post by Slavetomusic » Wed May 05, 2004 6:56 pm

Congratulations Flamdrags11,

On that rediculous post. I'm sure your staff, fellow colleges and all the other ensembles in SCPA/WGI are equally impressed with your ability to rape other ensembles that don't meet your superior level. I agree that my line is not the cleanest; however, they love to play and enjoy the experience of learning which if done correctly eventually leads to having a lot of fun. If that adds up to a win, great! if not, we will not go away mad, bad-mouth ensembles that placed higher, or diminish the honest attempts of younger ensembles like El Modena that are obviously not as superior in your eyes as other world ensembles.

Personal evaluation is key. A score, placement, or even a few dropped sticks doesn't dictate success or the lack of, nor does public opinion. Saddleback didn't make WGI finals, so does that mean they are not a superior ensemble? I think not! I personally have great respect for the ensembles in the World Division regardless of what circuit it is or what placement they or I receive. ADLA has provided what I believe to be a valuable venue for a beginning ensemble to expose potential talent. Where we go from here will be just another stepping stone in the direction of personal experience and growth. El Modena like Saddleback, and Hawthorne will get better with time and experience. Congrates thus far to Saddleback, Hawthorn, La Quinta, and Downey. Good luck on Sunday

To Flamdrags11, stop embarrasing yourself and learn how to express your views without coming off like an idiot.

Peace

P.S. Nice to see you in the judges circle Rich, your experience will be greatly appreciated..
Last edited by Slavetomusic on Wed May 05, 2004 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Trust in your soul. It is the very root of your excistance. Feel it and live it."

Shota871
Rookie
Rookie

!

Post by Shota871 » Wed May 05, 2004 10:05 pm

Someone gotta lock this thread..... I think "judging" the lines ourselves would lead to negative expectations..... :(
North High School Saxon Regiment ('00~'02)
North High School Drum Line ('00~'02)
North High School #10 Tin Can Band ('01~'02)
El Camino College Varsity Band ('03~'05)
USC Trojan Marching Band ('03~'06)

quickcheeses
New Recruit
New Recruit

Rancho Cucamonga

Post by quickcheeses » Wed May 05, 2004 11:03 pm

Attention readers of this subject.
The "Rancho Cucamonga" poster in this forum by NO WAY represents the opinions of the Rancho Cucamonga HS Percussion Ensemble. As a staff member of the said ensemble, I can say that this person is NOT a member of this school's program, and if he/she DOES live in the city, they do NOT go to RCHS.

I would just like you all to know that this type of behavior is completely unacceptable in this program, and we do NOT represent this person's actions. I hope you do not use this person’s post as a representation of our program. Thanks for understanding!

-Eric
RC Percussion Staff :D

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

cool

Post by curios0811 » Thu May 06, 2004 10:51 am

hey eric thanks for clearing that up

hey bleedblue, which line do you teach in open?

Bleed Blue

Post by Bleed Blue » Thu May 06, 2004 12:25 pm

I do visual for San Marcos (south).

MalleTragic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalleTragic » Thu May 06, 2004 7:05 pm

Well said Mr. Keylor! See you at practice tomorrow!

All the lines have great shows, but of course I have to root for my homies at El Modena.
Villa Park High School (02-06)- Drumline Captain
Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra (04-06)- Principal Percussion
Cleveland Institute of Music (06-10)- Undergraduate Timpani/Percussion Performance

SilentSynthGurl

Re: The Lines

Post by SilentSynthGurl » Thu May 06, 2004 7:55 pm

Shota Hanai wrote:I think for this year, the ADLA World lines are going to be Hawthorne, Downey, La Quinta, Saddleback, and El Modena.

Saddleback may be most likely to win, but I'm rooting for Hawthorne (especially THEM BASSES!!!!!), and El Modena (their show was awesome).

If South Torrance is willing to take it's challenge, GO SPARTANS!!!!! 8-)
im in the pit from south... were doing pretty good in open. its for our own to STAY in open tho! but we are looking forward to beating at least some scores in world!
sOUtH TOrrAnCe hIGh SCho0L roCkZ!!
P<3 <333 wE <3 u MiKE, JesSiCa, MaRy!!
KICK ASS!

ksmith

Post by ksmith » Fri May 07, 2004 8:49 pm

Personally I think that Downey has an awesome show. Well, my input is biased cuz I am their drum major but still. I haven't seen any of the the other world lines yet cuz ive always been setting our show up or helping take things out so I miss the others but I'm sure they are very good. Long story short, my point is that nobody deserves degrading comments like those. GO DOWNEY! YOU'LL DO GREAT AT CHAMPIONSHIPS! :D

pitgirl15
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by pitgirl15 » Fri May 07, 2004 9:23 pm

hey people, first i wantto say good luck to you all. and you people forgot to metion la sierra!!! we have a really good show. and all i hope for is the best. we try the ebst we can amd we have alot of hard compation!
La sierra ROCKS!!!

gamermanbc
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by gamermanbc » Fri May 07, 2004 11:34 pm

Actually, La Sierra is in Scholastic B... not world. thats wat theyre talkin about. But well get ther... eventually... we just gotta practice more.
I M A BAND NERD!!!!!
SNARES RULE!!!!!
AND... um... uh.... YEAH! THATS RIGHT!

pitgirl15
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by pitgirl15 » Sun May 09, 2004 8:54 pm

oh i see!! lol i should of read the whole thing huh. well la sierra will make it up there.
La sierra ROCKS!!!