Northern Lights :)

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

SkaBoneChick

Northern Lights :)

Post by SkaBoneChick » Wed May 05, 2004 7:41 pm

Stop the presses!! Breaking news!!!

Well, then again, I'm sure that a lot of you guys already know... But I received news a few days ago that Northern Lights will indeed be having an all-male cast again next year!! :mrgreen:

Can I get a hallelujah?!?! lol.

Oh yeah, I've got some major connections.... (or something like that, haha)

Anyways, I just wanted to let all you people (who are huge NL fans like me :mrgreen: ) know about the news!! :D

**muah**

mumba182

Post by mumba182 » Wed May 05, 2004 8:23 pm

ya next year is an all male guard again for 05-06, but the dude at the nl stand at wgi said that the 06-07 guard will have girls again for anyone who wants to try-out.

SkaBoneChick

Post by SkaBoneChick » Wed May 05, 2004 8:41 pm

Wow!! How cool would it be to be on NL?! I'm so excited about their cast for next year though... Oh wow. :D

But dang... I thought I had gotten some exclusive news, since it came straight from one of their members... I thought I was special, but I'm just a loser, lol. :roll: Sorry about that. Didn't mean to get too overly-excited. (Just shut up, Benny, lol. oh, and that's not gh3ttogirly... it's Benny from Mission, haha. I was so about to leave that there, lol.)

mvshortstuff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mvshortstuff » Wed May 05, 2004 9:26 pm

you know you love me alyssa!! :^^:

On topic tho, I LOVE Northern Lights, and i think it will be awesome to see them with an all male guard again. Althogh, i can't wait till my senior year when they are back to girls and boys. YAY.

Oh, another ?? do you all think that NL will be as good as they are now, when they dont have an all male cast. I was just thinking since i was watching wideos from the past and they have been in 5th every year and now 2nd. I think they can be just as good, but how about everyone else.

I love you Alyssa. Good luck on your tests. hehe
:read:
Isnt it bliss
Dont you approve
One who keeps tearing around
One who cant move

blah

Post by blah » Wed May 05, 2004 10:09 pm

hooray for the hot guys!
but i got to thinking, that must suck for all the girls that were on the team before. imagine being told that your not allowed to spin in the guard next year because they only wanted boys. . .

p.s.
i love andy and eric from NL!!

SkaBoneChick

Post by SkaBoneChick » Wed May 05, 2004 11:35 pm

Well NL, as much as I've seen, has always been really good, but I think it just helped a lot for them to go all-male. I think that it gave them several extra perks, strengths, etc. They were able to have exceptional rifle work (obviously. and not to say that chicks aren't good at rifle... men are just stronger), and they definitely set a precedent with the men-only idea (does anyone know of any other winterguards who have had strictly men??). On top of that, they were really hot, lol. :mrgreen: So, if they don't want chicks, I am SO not comoplaining!

But yeah.. It would probably be really disappointing to have been a girl on NL prior to the big switch. I hope they were told about the plans early in the season so that they wouldn't be caught by surprise...! That would bite. Anyways, I'm done blabbering.

**muahhhhh**

(Yes, Benny, I'm back to studying.)

Madame_Spooky
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Madame_Spooky » Wed May 05, 2004 11:58 pm

RifLeGaL84 wrote:that must suck for all the girls that were on the team before. imagine being told that your not allowed to spin in the guard next year because they only wanted boys. . .
Yes, but isn't that funny how the situation is backwards with some other guards... how they don't want boys and only want girls... I say a co-ed group is the way to go.

But I'm looking forward to seeing NL next year! I'm sure it'll be wonderful!

~Jessi
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

CgiSmYLiFe_10
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CgiSmYLiFe_10 » Thu May 06, 2004 4:26 pm

yea i knew about that a long time ago. but i think it's awesome, i can't wait to see them next year

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Thu May 06, 2004 5:34 pm

wow...thats news to me. i thought that they were all guys, all the time.

mumba182

Post by mumba182 » Thu May 06, 2004 7:12 pm

well they do have a SO guard so i mean like all the old world girls probibly are doing that this year, and hey i dont care what guard i am on im still going to try out for the 05-06 cast. I love them so much it wouldnt madder i would just fell privilged you know to like met them. I met the dude that was on fantasia, he was nice, at wgasc champs like he came to see his friends. And i wanted my friend to met him too cause she likes him but hey who is the dude you know from nl. but ya so the dude said to come and try out even though its sooooo cold down there its all worth it. Oya the dude from fantasia was the one with the ponny tail kinda short, well anyways if anyone didnt know he came in in the middle of the year and learned the whole thing cause someone got injured, like i feel bad for the injured dude but how awsome for him. and like you seriously wouldnt know. but he was really nice if anyone knows his name can you tell me cause he told me but im the worst with names

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Fri May 07, 2004 7:19 pm

CAN'T WAIT.... I saw the post on their website when I got back from San Diego.... I filled out an application! Hopefully I'd get a call back and I'll be on my way to auditions.

YES!
One mo again.

MAT04

Post by MAT04 » Fri May 07, 2004 8:39 pm

the guy's name is izeqeal..or however you spell that

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Fri May 07, 2004 11:16 pm

where is nl based?

LibertyPress
Rookie