What schools do you think have an awsome show design?

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Noh

What schools do you think have an awsome show design?

Post by Noh » Tue May 04, 2004 2:24 pm

So I am kinda upset at our show design, but what do you guys think?Whose got the best show in ADLA and why? I can tell you, I think the school with the Little Red Riding Hood show takes the cake....who are those girls in the pink skirts supposed to be???Man that show.. well... I havent seen many shows this year so fill me in!!!!

Bleed Blue

Post by Bleed Blue » Wed May 05, 2004 8:13 am

Saddleback!
Their shows always have an intellectual quality about them, and they've got such a clean look.

beautifulsounds

Post by beautifulsounds » Wed May 05, 2004 2:49 pm

although i havent seen their entire show, i think la quinta has an awsome show with their makeup goin with their show, scary movies, i really liked the tubular bells :)

Noh

Saddleback

Post by Noh » Thu May 06, 2004 2:04 pm

Yeah saddlebacks show always looked good because of Rich Gordan, thier instructor. Rich used to be our instructor, but he left us this semester and I think is only focusing on Saddleback and his new job as a junior high school teacher down the street from us. Yeah im kinda bitter. That man can write music and great shows im tellin ya!!!!

Niki!!!

CaliTrptLeader

Post by CaliTrptLeader » Thu May 06, 2004 3:23 pm

i think saddleback has a very good show

MalleTragic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalleTragic » Thu May 06, 2004 6:53 pm

El Modena! Clearly, purple is purple even when it is moving.
Villa Park High School (02-06)- Drumline Captain
Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra (04-06)- Principal Percussion
Cleveland Institute of Music (06-10)- Undergraduate Timpani/Percussion Performance

SilentSynthGurl

Post by SilentSynthGurl » Thu May 06, 2004 8:05 pm

i think El Modena's show is the best this year, and a show i want to see is Otay Ranch's. Saddleback's was cool, as usual. our show... does anyone have comments? REFELCTIONS OF A LIFETIME by south torrance high school.
sOUtH TOrrAnCe hIGh SCho0L roCkZ!!
P<3 <333 wE <3 u MiKE, JesSiCa, MaRy!!
KICK ASS!

frausto86

Post by frausto86 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:41 pm

I think I'd have to say that Purple.. er... El Modena... wins by far. I just don't think that you can get enough of that show :D

MalleTragic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MalleTragic » Thu May 06, 2004 11:57 pm

South Torrance has an awesome show! It grooves really well. Not to mention your snare line is awesome! The guy with the crazy hair reminds me of our drum captain from last year.
Villa Park High School (02-06)- Drumline Captain
Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra (04-06)- Principal Percussion
Cleveland Institute of Music (06-10)- Undergraduate Timpani/Percussion Performance

drummerfromtroy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drummerfromtroy » Fri May 07, 2004 12:31 am

just a question: does otay march, or more standstill? becuase last time i saw them (mid season i think) it was standstill. just a little confused. thanks! see ya
Center Snare '03-'04
Percussion Captain 2001-2004

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Fri May 07, 2004 5:05 pm

drummerfromtroy wrote:just a question: does otay march, or more standstill? becuase last time i saw them (mid season i think) it was standstill. just a little confused. thanks! see ya
Well they are in the Scholastic Open class, and that is a marching venue so therefore they are not a Standstill line.
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.