Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

Madame_Spooky
New Recruit
New Recruit

How many of you have marched in a...?

Post by Madame_Spooky » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:19 pm

Just to satisfy my curiousity...

How many of you have marched in a drum corp, bugle corp, independent group over the summer or for winterguard?

More than once?

When?

Which group?

~Jessi
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

broken_panda
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by broken_panda » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:47 pm

This past summer was my first drum corps experience. I marched colorguard with Pacific Crest. It was so much fun. If you are even thinking about marching drum corps, you should try it. It was awesome! :D
No great was ever achieved without enthusiasm

'do drill, not drugs'

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:32 pm

This summer I'm marching with Impulse. It's fun so far!
Impulse Drum & Bugle Corps
Color Guard '04

Los Angeles All-District Honor Band
Coach 2004-2005

broken_panda
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by broken_panda » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:53 pm

Cool! My boyfriend and a couple of my friends march there.
No great was ever achieved without enthusiasm

'do drill, not drugs'

Barillas

Post by Barillas » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:02 pm

I marched Yamato, then RCC, then Fantasia, and currently Blue Devils :D

cgmime32
New Recruit
New Recruit

Someone's got to break the BOXES!!!! AHH!!

Post by cgmime32 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:24 am

Hehe,
I marched Pacific Crest this past summer and the one before that. I was in the 40 person guard that debued those freaking boxes and the 1st to go w/the corp to DCI Finals. Could barely stand them but got to give it to Don...they look good from far away.. :roll: Too bad for me but I agedout this past summer and I'm done...it was definately an experience that I'll never forget..met tons of people :hug: , made a handful of new friends that I then got to march winter with (love you guys! :cheers: ) and learned worked and techniques that I can only build with and pass along where ever I go to teach.. :cool2: I'll miss it in some ways but I'm done :zzz: Winter wise, I've marched with the Black Knights since '97. I did the drumline before there was a guard then I moved onto the guard until I agedout this year. Yah...I'm done..but bored..now I teach at La Canada HS..(sharkbait!).

'97- '02 BK- Drumline shows that I never remembered the name to
'02 BK- Mimes
'02 PC- Reinvention
'03 BK- The Glass House
'03 PC- Invocation of Power
'04 BK- Annilation

*d :wav:
Hey Batman- I still gotta get my infamous shorts to ya...you gotta sport them for the summer...keep my ghetto booty alive!!! hehe..it'll get you the 50!!! JK!!! :bleah:
"Spin like they'll never see u again!"
"You want me to make it all the way over there...doing what?"
"You'd better karma cap that...cause it's a b**** when it comes back!"
"I can't fold the floor...I got asthma...*puff-puff*..."

cggirl353
New Recruit
New Recruit

Ghetto Booty?

Post by cggirl353 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:28 am

I unfortunately have not marched with any Drum Corps. I hear it's a lot of fun but I don't know if I would like not having my break from guard. I like having the sumer for myself. 8-) Besides, not doing anything during the summer makes me anticipate winter guard a lot more. I think I might march a Drum Corps before I age out. As far as winter guard goes, I, like cgmime have been with Black Knights FOREVER! 4 years. :shock: I can't beat the drive (10 mins) :D

BTW, D, I will keep the booty alive too! I have no choice! :oops: Watch out J Lo! BK girls got yo back now! :lol:

:hug: Tawny :hug:

engineer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by engineer » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:39 am

If my pic below doesn't give it away....

Last summer was my first year marching drum corps and this will be my 2nd year with Mandarins. There are no groups around where I am to march winter guard and with school and all it's really my only opportunity to march.

I remember seeing you PC people always pass by with those silver boxes, I never got to see your guys' show seeing as we were always on after you. Best of luck to you guys this season.

Flash220

Post by Flash220 » Sat May 01, 2004 4:56 pm

i have yet to experience the drum corps life... i want to so bad! but oh well, if i want to march winter than i need to save up over summer. I have marched two years in a row on an independent winterguard though. First with a little A guard called Greatest Discovery. The i marched Pacific Crest this winter, and you can bet i will march again next winter!!!! Independent is SOOOOO much better than a school colorguard. you dont have all the stupid drama, or the stupid school rules, and no boosters!!! Independent is GREAT! :D

its all about the guard
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by its all about the guard » Sun May 02, 2004 12:32 am

hey seann!

its cuz pc is like.. friends, ya know? :lol:

go go rifle go
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by go go rifle go » Sun May 02, 2004 1:32 am

seannnnnnn!!! <33333333

haha okay... back to the topic at hand.

i marched this past winter with pacific crest. my first year on an independent guard. and i agree with sean, it's so much better than high school guard. we didn't have any drama our whole season.
friends... ya know!

Stevie

My first!

Post by Stevie » Sun May 02, 2004 1:44 am

Well, this past season was my first ever in guard. Black Knights...(White Mornings hehe) Anywho. It was an experience I'll never forget. Made tons of friends! I miss them all so much. I have to agree with CGGirl353 (Swetlana) I think that taking the summer off builds anticipation for the winter. As much as I love guard I don't think I could do it all year long...*cough* BatManDominated *cough* jk. Can't wait to see you at Summer Sessions...hope you'll bring the Tape! LOL. Deanna...I miss you, and don't forget...Call the cops, gurl! LMAO. Miss everyone!

MechAnt
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by MechAnt » Sun May 02, 2004 7:00 pm

I marched Teal Sound Drum & Bugle Corps
CVHS Rules!!!