i dunno

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

LakewoodDinosaur

i dunno

Post by LakewoodDinosaur » Sat May 01, 2004 4:28 pm

hi color guard people rock this world. :cool2:
Last edited by LakewoodDinosaur on Sun May 02, 2004 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flash220

Post by Flash220 » Sat May 01, 2004 4:57 pm

i loved the show this year!!! it was cool!

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sun May 02, 2004 1:39 pm

i think it was really good. but i wonder, why do people keep pointing out themselves to get feedback, especially if it is just praise instead of constructive criticsm. it is like fishing for compliments. people should be thankful for compliments that they get, but they shouldnt go out of their way to ask for them.

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

looking for attention

Post by RifleLova » Sun May 02, 2004 1:45 pm

guardee101 wrote:i think it was really good. but i wonder, why do people keep pointing out themselves to get feedback, especially if it is just praise instead of constructive criticsm. it is like fishing for compliments. people should be thankful for compliments that they get, but they shouldnt go out of their way to ask for them.
THANKYOU GUARDEE!!!!!

I've been wondering this myself...it's so annoying! I just noticed somebody did that for Trabuco (oh wait, it was a trabuco person :!: not even someone from another guard) and now Mission?? Can we just get critizism or praise from friends or something but do we have to go online and announce our guard to see what people say?? How about we stop going about asking for compliments...and sorry if i sound mean, it just keeps occuring!!
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iminguard » Sun May 02, 2004 2:20 pm

Its pretty sad if you have to ask for compliments i think its pretty pathetic.
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: looking for attention

Post by flagratgirl » Sun May 02, 2004 3:52 pm

RifleLova wrote:
guardee101 wrote:i think it was really good. but i wonder, why do people keep pointing out themselves to get feedback, especially if it is just praise instead of constructive criticsm. it is like fishing for compliments. people should be thankful for compliments that they get, but they shouldnt go out of their way to ask for them.
THANKYOU GUARDEE!!!!!

I've been wondering this myself...it's so annoying! I just noticed somebody did that for Trabuco (oh wait, it was a trabuco person :!: not even someone from another guard) and now Mission?? Can we just get critizism or praise from friends or something but do we have to go online and announce our guard to see what people say?? How about we stop going about asking for compliments...and sorry if i sound mean, it just keeps occuring!!
i dont want to sound pushy but the person that started the tread on trabuco isnt on the guard but is one of our groupies and i dont want his actions (even if it was intended to be good) to reflect poorly on our guard.
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sun May 02, 2004 6:07 pm

iminguard wrote:Its pretty sad if you have to ask for compliments i think its pretty pathetic.
i agree, last year oside didn't ask for comments for drumline or anything after we won championships then, the schools that lost to us got mad and asked for oppinion son their show saying that they thought it was sooooo much better. :roll:
Nothing is impossible with God!

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Mon May 03, 2004 4:44 pm

altogirl06 wrote:
iminguard wrote:Its pretty sad if you have to ask for compliments i think its pretty pathetic.
i agree, last year oside didn't ask for comments for drumline or anything after we won championships then, the schools that lost to us got mad and asked for oppinion son their show saying that they thought it was sooooo much better. :roll:
haha. sore losers. but i am sorry if i came off a little rude, it was just really pissing me off.

SkaBoneChick

Post by SkaBoneChick » Mon May 03, 2004 8:37 pm

Hey... I'm really sorry about the whole looking for compliments thing, on behalf of all of us at Mission. :oops: I think that some of the girls who are with us really wanted to hear something good; a lot of us probably just felt that we were getting a lot of negative comments, lack of support, and that our scores were reflecting a bad show, or something. I think that it got a lot of our girls down, and caused them to hope that we could at least get some positive opinions from other people. So I'm deeply sorry if any of you guys got the idea that we were all just fishing for compliments, and I hope that there are no hard feelings :| ... Unfortunately for us, I think that we just had a a lack of confidence and spirit.

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Mon May 03, 2004 9:03 pm

Sorry!!!

Our instructors have told us not to go on here and post stuff like that. So we don't. We know when we're doing good, and when we're not. We didn't mean to offend anyone, this is just the first year in a couple years that we've been reaching our full potential and one of our guard guys (not in guard but around enough to be in guard) wanted to know what you guys thought.

Sorry. :oops:

edit: It's reaaaaallly hot. :cry:
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.