who will win adla world

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

BKdrummer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by BKdrummer » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:08 pm

This is how...."ok hold this chord out really long""wait awhile to start the next tune"....they had somewhere around 330 i think,but the show is 6:30.

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Post by curios0811 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:19 am

Who has to much purple???????

TimpaniG
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by TimpaniG » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:46 pm

Hello :)

Just wanted to say 'good luck' to everybody at ADLA Championships. I don't like to get caught up in the "who will win first place?" conversations because it takes away from what is really important... the experiences and the enjoyment of these awesome and talented groups. It is good to see so many drumline programs expanding and growing each year, and I think the students from Hawthorne, Downey, Saddleback, El Modena, La Quinta and everybody else out there deserve congratulations for making it this far, and for putting together such fun and entertaining programs.

Now lets just go out there, have fun, and give it one last great performance to cap off another long season. See ya next week

Seacrest... out.
Rich Gordon - instructor / arranger Saddleback H.S., Anaheim H.S., & Magnolia H.S., Trabuco Hills H.S. - 2005 WGI Silver Medalists!
Band Director - Sycamore J.H.S.

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Post by curios0811 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:04 am

Always nice hearing from you Rich. Your right, it is gonna be fun. Good luck to everyone and lets perform the best everyone can one last time. Hey Rich can you tell Damien to bring my DVD. He still has it, thanks. Laters

-steve ordaz

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Who Will Win World?

Post by hhs1 » Sun May 02, 2004 10:36 am

After the AB miller show how do you now think will be the top 2 lines? :D

curios0811
Rookie
Rookie

Post by curios0811 » Sun May 02, 2004 1:10 pm

mmmmmmmmmm, i dont know, i think San Marcos is gonna take open.........lol, i know its not what you meant hhs1 but just having fun.

tenorCowboy
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by tenorCowboy » Sun May 02, 2004 2:09 pm

My favorite world line in ADLA is La Quinta but I think Hawthorne will win okay im sure Hawthorne will win they throw down some Clean beats!!!!

1st Hawthorne
2nd El Modena even though It should be La Quinta!!!!!! (ADLA judges?)
3rd La Quinta
4th Saddleback
5th Downey

Hawthorne has no story line but they throw it down and I was like say what when I saw El Modena take second place with a 90 because they had some individual problems like nice stick trouble (but they recovered and the ending through the window was a nice finish but still)- La Quinta just needs to max out there GE is off the wall and the tenor break was the only one at A.B. Miller not to Rim it up in World-Saddleback there snares throw it down hard core but its not a section competition- Downey show was not very Wowing like the other shows.

Captions could go like this;

Cymbals: Hawthorne
Pit: La Quinta could give Hawthorne a run for there money
Basses: Hawthorne
Tenors: Hawthorne
Snares: Saddleback could give Hawthorne a run for there money

But will not be surprised to see Hawthorne sweep it!!!!!
Eric Wilson

Its Alright to be a Redneck!!!

She Thinks My Tractors SEXY!!!

Us Tenor players are the best were Sexy and our Solos Kick ass!!!!!

Tenors @ Westminster High School

So called-
Caption Head Stacey Jr. high school

Lawrence Amparbin Jnr

Post by Lawrence Amparbin Jnr » Tue May 04, 2004 11:48 am

MAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!! SHUT THE HELL UP!!!! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT UR TALKING BOUT EVERYONE KNOW ITS GONNA BE LIKE THIS.

5th-Downey
4th-El Modena/La Quinta
3rd-El Modena/La Quinta
2nd-Saddleback
1rst-Hawthorne

crap if El Modena can keep there sticks in there hands and keep there props up they might beat La Quinta but maybe if La quinta actually marched instead of dragging there feet they also might be a lot closer to Saddleback/Hawthorne. What was up with that 2 drummers from el modena dropping sticks and the same idiot that dropped his stick almost ate it too. Not to pick on them but wow can you say dirty downey plays cleaner than these fools, man i hear there battery tech is in the BD snare line, if he cant help them maybe they need Jesus or God as there tech. Ill give them the whole window thing cuz that was unexpected and pretty cool, that chick tht jumps trough it is also pretty hot :twisted: CLEAN UP YOUR STUFF EL MODENA!!!! then maybe you can call yourselves a world line. No wonder your still in ADLA. As for downey i got one thing to say, what are you doing in the world div, specially with a show like that.

and as for captions i think it will go like this........

Cymbals-Hawthorne
Pit-Hawthorne
Basses-could be hawthorne/saddleback/la quinta
snare/saddleback/hawthorne
tenors-el modena(looks/sounds like the superior section by far in there line)/hawthorne

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Adla World

Post by hhs1 » Tue May 04, 2004 1:16 pm

YOU have some good things to say but try expreessing your self in a way you dont actually offend any one. I assume you belong to an scpa-wgi caliber line so you know the level here is nowhere near. that is why HAWTHORNE-SADDLEBACK - look so good. a whole other level of expectations, in scpa-wgi
i think its gona be a fight between hawthorne and saddleback for the tittle and captions as well. the level these lines were exposed to in the other circuits of competition will set them apart from the rest of the bunch.
but remenber its ADLA????? who knows what will happen. :D

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Adla World

Post by hhs1 » Tue May 04, 2004 1:16 pm

who will win ? the cleanest that day

Candy

homies at El MO

Post by Candy » Tue May 04, 2004 2:08 pm

"ESTE WAY" MAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ve been around this line for soooooooo long, and i know these guys can throw down, man im on what you call the 99 year plan, they can be dirty but they can also throw down some clean beats, and as for that "idiot" that almost ate it, well that be my homie right thurr and its not his fault he has "cronic" :roll: a.d.d and forgot were he was going, and its not the battery techs fault that jesus dont like him so how bout you have some of my special " SHUT THE HELL UP". and about El Modena still being in ADLA, they took a year off last year so dont be talkin crap on my homies, and if you actually looked at the good parts of the show youd see El Modena is a pretty BAD ASS line, and that show concept it takes a really pshyco maniac disturbed Caption Head to think of a show concept like that. dont let me catch you talking smack on my line again or no more fresh stawberries for you Mr., so i say to you Mr. Rancho Cucamonga "CHILL THE BLANK OUT" THEYRE JUST TRYING TO HAVE SOME FUN

P.S.
KEYLOR WHERE'S MY VPE SHIRT HOMIE AND I DONT MEANT THE " CREW " SHIRT.....SAY IT WITH ME POLO.....PPPOOOLLLOO....POLO....POLO

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

world

Post by hhs1 » Tue May 04, 2004 2:17 pm

great way to represent the activity, your high school education comes out clearly in your way of expressing your self OR, lack there of. do us all a favor keep it clean.
show us an example of whatever you are trying to say! :o

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Tue May 04, 2004 5:59 pm

flamdrags11 wrote:MAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!! SHUT THE HELL UP!!!! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT UR TALKING BOUT EVERYONE KNOW ITS GONNA BE LIKE THIS.

5th-Downey
4th-El Modena/La Quinta
3rd-El Modena/La Quinta
2nd-Saddleback
1rst-Hawthorne

crap if El Modena can keep there sticks in there hands and keep there props up they might beat La Quinta but maybe if La quinta actually marched instead of dragging there feet they also might be a lot closer to Saddleback/Hawthorne. What was up with that 2 drummers from el modena dropping sticks and the same idiot that dropped his stick almost ate it too. Not to pick on them but wow can you say dirty downey plays cleaner than these fools, man i hear there battery tech is in the BD snare line, if he cant help them maybe they need Jesus or God as there tech. Ill give them the whole window thing cuz that was unexpected and pretty cool, that chick tht jumps trough it is also pretty hot :twisted: CLEAN UP YOUR STUFF EL MODENA!!!! then maybe you can call yourselves a world line. No wonder your still in ADLA. As for downey i got one thing to say, what are you doing in the world div, specially with a show like that.

and as for captions i think it will go like this........

Cymbals-Hawthorne
Pit-Hawthorne
Basses-could be hawthorne/saddleback/la quinta
snare/saddleback/hawthorne
tenors-el modena(looks/sounds like the superior section by far in there line)/hawthorne
Ouch... looks likes once in a while we get some new posters that are into mud slinging :roll:
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

Adla World

Post by hhs1 » Tue May 04, 2004 9:09 pm

LIKE I SAID BEFORE THIS GUY SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD FUTURE WITH ALL THE OBVIOUS EDUCATION HE HAS. OR "LACK OF EDUCATION "

Candy

I Apoligize

Post by Candy » Tue May 04, 2004 11:20 pm

I would like to apoligize for my responce to a post put up by flamdrags11, I was extremely upset by the rude remarks made about the el modena line but I went about it the wrong wayby dropping down to his level, i was way out of line and would sincerely like to apoligize for the things i said and the way i said them.
Last edited by Candy on Wed May 05, 2004 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.