Does anyone have a colorguard final this year?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:37 pm

we are just graded on whether or not we go to competitions and all that. practice is like a hw grade, competitions are like test grades, and championships counts as our final. we all get A's unless we dont show/goof off/are rude

ColorguardBHS2004
New Recruit
New Recruit

Same

Post by ColorguardBHS2004 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:54 pm

we do the same thing, but we still have to have a final :( :roll:
If you drop oh well pick it up and keep on going! DUH

Practice so you won't SUCK (please do it for me)

Boohoo I miss colorguard and I miss my kick A$$ guard. I love you all! Bellflower Guard your still my FLOWERS

IhilaniRifleGurl04

Post by IhilaniRifleGurl04 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:39 am

Last year when we did finals one of the groups did the song "hey mickey"...now we do it this year for our show. :lol: (since its kind of an "I love the 80s" theme)

My group is going to do a No Doubt show. I've come up with a quite a few things myself. Its going to be fun!
Poof BEGONE! Yo breath is too strong! OO step back! You need a tic-tac! OO yo a mess you need a little more...not a tic-not a tac..but you need a whole pack...BIOTCH!!!!

O'SIDE c/o "04"

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:09 pm

that would be fun to make up a show like that just for our taste. my coach is always so traditional and it would be cool to do a more fun show sometime.

Madame_Spooky
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Madame_Spooky » Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:41 pm

We have a guard final where we make up a 2-3 minute routine with a certain amount of flag, dance, and rifle/sabre.

I know lots of great songs to do choreography to.

Just name the genre and I'll give you some titles

~Jessi
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

King_Liberty'36

Post by King_Liberty'36 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:05 am

Our guard is allowed to work in pairs or on thier own. And sometimes its not the new songs you can make a great routine out of. Go back about 10 years or so and the 80's and 90's pop and alternative music make a good show. Thats what I'm doing "I Can't Dance" by Genisis... is going to be my song; just fell in love with it because its ironic as well. :D Thats just me tho
Mullet's rule, the only thing better, is a good trumpet...