About San Diego??

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Survivor » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:53 pm

Hey dudes and dudets I was just using Mission as an example ok so no hates on anyone there are a lot of guards out there just like that ok.......

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:33 pm

handgunsandsecondchances wrote:ya...... we had a bad run........... :?
i am so sorry. but what really matters is that you guys had a great season. you guys were awesome all season and this was just one competition. you guys are great and will always be my favorite!

mvshortstuff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mvshortstuff » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:46 pm

I know how you feel, but don't worry you guys always have so.cal. championships. GOOD LUCK!!!!

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 pm

guardee101 wrote:
i am so sorry. but what really matters is that you guys had a great season. you guys were awesome all season and this was just one competition. you guys are great and will always be my favorite!
aw! wow! thank you so much!
I know how you feel, but don't worry you guys always have so.cal. championships. GOOD LUCK!!!!
thanks so much for the support!
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

mvshortstuff
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mvshortstuff » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:54 pm

your very welcome.

Squeakum
New Recruit
New Recruit

in regard to woodbridge

Post by Squeakum » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:13 pm

thank you guys so much for caring! I never knew we had so many people rooting for us.
Regarding our not making finals, we had a bad semi-finals performance (some of the parents said they've never seen us do such a bad job. :( ) and it wasn't good enough for finals.
But we've worked this week and hope to improve at championships. :D
Thanks again for caring.
And as the train came to a stop a small squeak was heard.

I know I know.. It doesn't make sense, but then again do I ever?

georgefan22
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by georgefan22 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:42 pm

I thought Aimachi should have been higher, But that could just because I love them. I felt really bad for braddock who went on after them it was practically dead silent for them, and I think that just kinda threw them off.

weaponsRfun
New Recruit
New Recruit

Another note about woodbridge

Post by weaponsRfun » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:00 pm

hey guys. first i want to thank everyone for their support!! :D
i know our team was pretty dissapointed with our show and our outcome from nationals... but i'm still very proud of our accomplishments. hopefully we can redeem ourselfs at wgasc championships. :)

GOOD JOB EVERYONE THAT WENT TO NATIONALS.... I DIDN'T GET TO SEE MUCH OF MY CLASS (SA) BUT THE FEW I SAW WERE AMAZING AND I SAW JUST ABOUT ALL OF OPEN AND WORLD ON SATURDAY!!! THERE REALLY WASN'T ONE SHOW I DIDN'T LOVE.

and if your going to wgasc championships....GOOD LUCK!
~Woodbridge HS Color Guard
2002- Time after Time
2003-It Spins us Around
2004- Pacific 231
2005- Master of Suspense

its all about the guard
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by its all about the guard » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:07 am

i remember sittin there watchin all the sa finalists at cox arena.. and we were just all waiting for woodbridge to come on... i've always wanted to see that train show make it there.

it kinda sucks to have a bad run and have that cost you a gold.. we had a bad run during finals too and we ended up dropping a few places.. sadly.. but its all about your show.. and how you, as a person, enjoy that show.

well.. good job woodbridge. and good luck this weekend. now show us your best run. =)

goodluck to all the other people going to wgasc champs.

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:15 am

Yeah I really wanted to see Woodbridge too. I've heard a lot about there show and I’ve never gotten to see it, so I figured I would at nationals. I'm sorry for them that it didn't turn out that way.
You guys go on before us on Saturday so I still will not get to see you, unfortunately. But I wish the best of luck to you guys! Hope you do great!
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

sabregurl

Post by sabregurl » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:13 pm

Congrats to everyone who went to San Diego... It was so much fun! I completely agree with all of you who say that looking at the big picture takes precidence over how many drops there are. I also think there is an element or two of colorguard judging that we as members of hs guards do not know. It baffles me completely how some shows are placed. Call it politics or whatever, it's just plain weird. Oye, what a great season! GO Mission, you guys are awesome... thanks for all your help with us on Saturday!
What Time is it??? SHOW TIME!!! I love you, my family... my "guardies"

broken_panda
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by broken_panda » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:40 pm

no problem! :D you guys are awesome! We love your show. and congrats on making finals your 1st year in world! thats so kick ass!
No great was ever achieved without enthusiasm

'do drill, not drugs'