Hello from the "rookie" moderator

A place for student leaders, drum majors, section leaders, student council members, etc.

Moderators: dmcoach, nopsbs

nopsbs
Support Staff
Support Staff

Hello from the "rookie" moderator

Post by nopsbs » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:00 pm

Just a quick intro...

My name is Dave and I am a professional speaker specializing in student leadership training. I'd like to thank Dave and Harvey for the opportunity to participate here.

For the last several years, I've been part of Don Gunderson's California Leadership Academy staff and have traveled the country speaking to some of the best bands around, including many in SoCal.

I'm looking forward to checking in here from time to time to see what is on your mind.

Feel free to post a question for me if you'd like, but as you already know, the primary function of this space is an exchange of ideas amongst peers and colleagues...so ask away, there is someone around here who knows the answer.

Later,
Dave
Leaders are people who do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, whether they feel like it doing it, or not.

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nizmo » Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:13 pm

Are you Dave Khuns? I'm sorry if I've mispelled your last name, I'm not exactly sure how its spelled. I recognized the "nopsbs". I've seen you speak at Mt. Carmel for the past few years.

nopsbs
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by nopsbs » Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:18 pm

That's me (Dave Kuhns)

How are my friends at Mt. Carmel? Looks like you had a good year!

Later,

Dave
Leaders are people who do what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, whether they feel like it doing it, or not.

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nizmo » Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:21 pm

They had a good season, considering the fact that the band size was reduced drastically. I'm an alumni (c/o 02) so I missed out on the new uniforms hehe :D

jrichmond68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jrichmond68 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:01 pm

:D
I think they found the perfect person to mod this furom. :D

-James Richmond
"Dave Kuhns rules more than me"

gangemi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gangemi » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:03 pm

Dave,

Just wanted to say hello. Good to see you on this great board. Thanks for your continued support and motivation for all of the kids you are involved with, either directly or indirectly. Hope all is well out in your neck of the woods!

Thanks again!

Mr Pageantry
Veteran
Veteran

Hi Dave... Welcome Aboard

Post by Mr Pageantry » Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:32 am

I just got finished writing about the wonderful performance by the Mountain Ridge HS Band at the Canyon HS Tournament two weeks ago... It is posted on the other site.... It was great having a quick reunion with Dave Kuhns who is truly one of the most dedicated of marching band, and music educators and friends..... It was great to renew friendships then.. and to chat with Mr. Kuhns.. whose daughter still is a marching band person... Thanks Dave from all of us...

Harvey@worldofpageantry.com

nitsud92506
New Recruit
New Recruit

Hi Dave

Post by nitsud92506 » Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:05 am

Hi Dave,

Man, i am glad to see you here. My brother and I attended the leadership camp you were in charge of this past summer. I don't think that you remember us...but it's ok.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed those few days I had at that camp. You were really funny and made the day easy even while you made us sit next to people from other schools. It was a great experience and was really beneficial. Alot of the things that you taught us seemed to be revelations. If you think about it after the session, you realize "duh why didn't I think of this or that...it really made sense."

To be honest , at first I wasn't so sure I would get very much out of the camp, but I did! I learned alot of things about myself (even with those lunch excercises).

I am looking forward to next years camp; with new leaders and to being a 'blue dot." AND ALSO "THE CABIN."

Thanks for a great camp... hope to see you this summer.

Dustin

nopsbs
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by nopsbs » Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:10 pm

Hey Dustin,

Good to hear from you....glad you enjoyed camp.

Did you get the "best friend" issue resolved you mentioned on the other thread?
Please let me know that is going.

Thanks for the note!

Later,
Dave

whsguardgrl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Hi Dave

Post by whsguardgrl » Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:44 am

Hi Dave,
I just wanted to say that I loved your session with us (Westlake) this summer. One of my best memories of the summer. :D I even used one of your points as a quote on a worksheet in my careers class. "If you have to, you might as well want to."

Just wanted to say hi and thank you for talking to us. I should leave now I have nothing with student leadership to do cuz I'm a freshman. Besides, I need sleep.

I repeat what James said, you are the perfect person for this forum. :)