About San Diego??

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

Survivor
Veteran
Veteran

About San Diego??

Post by Survivor » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:25 pm

Hey guys just a person wondering. Do you think that any of the groups out there dont deserve there standing on what they got. Do you think that there are some groups that deserve to be higher.

For Ex. How did mission drop 7 times on finals and still make a 11th place standing? Is it politics or no?

SkaBoneChick

Post by SkaBoneChick » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:38 pm

Hi! I'm on Mission's color guard... And regarding us getting 11th... We were all stoked too. We kind of bombed our Finals performance (yeah... talk about a lot of drops). It was nowhere near as good as Semi's. So we're not sure how we held our placement. It seems that all of the guards below us got lower scores too (what was wrong with the judges that day?). However, we think that politics were against us. Apparently (according to the scores), one of the GE judges really hated our show, haha. We did well in Equipment though, but I think that we have our instructors to thank for that. But honestly, and just to clarify, I was surprised that our score didn't drop us a couple of places. I guess we'll never know what happened with that. :|

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

aimachi

Post by RifleLova » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:59 pm

i was wondering if Aimachi should have been higher...i thought they did better than seventh place but was it the use of batons?? cuz that's not equipment or something???
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

TheEgg
New Recruit
New Recruit

Mission!!

Post by TheEgg » Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:41 pm

Regarding Mission, i love you guyz and your show and i am totaly happy that u guyz got 11th!! And im sorry that Survivor thinks you shouldnt have gotten it with all of your drops. Well, survivor, did u ever think that other people mite have had moreee drops or something to that affect? I know what school your from and dont play hatas' whatever, its just colorguard. And to Mission, i love y'all and you're our homedawgs!! Thanx with all the help on and off the floor at finals. MuChO LoVe.
Howz the fetus?!
HAAAAWAAAFEEN ::band:: HAWAFEEN ::band:: HAWAFEENA!
"I'm gunna shake your ladder next time AND make sure you fall off!"-Boobs

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:05 pm

are we talking about SA too? if so, what happened with woodbridge? i was rooting for them and i loved their show, but i hear they didnt do as well as they normally do. what were some highlights from different shows?

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:15 pm

guardee101 wrote:are we talking about SA too? If so, what happened with Woodbridge? I was rooting for them and I loved their show, but I hear they didn’t do as well as they normally do. What were some highlights from different shows?
Yeah, I was wondering about that. they've been kicking butt in SA this year and I really wanted to see their show, cause being in the same division, I never get to! I expected them to make it into finals and when I saw Esperanza, Loara and Arcadia I thought for sure they'd be there too, so I was really surprised when they weren't. I heard they didn't have a good a run in semi-finals, which is too bad cause they deserved to be in finals too.
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

lilmvsabre
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by lilmvsabre » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:22 pm

:wav: i have to agree with mvsabrechick. [lol i don't even know who you are and i'm on the same guard...i guess i'll ask around tonight at practice :D ] i was really happy just to make 11th! :cool2: congradulations to everyone who went to wgi. i know i had a ton of fun. although i'm not sure i agree with the whole politics thing. i haven't heard anything about politics. :lurk:

CHS guard 182

Post by CHS guard 182 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:53 pm

I think that Chino did awsome but there score and plcement was awful. They had a great show and only dropped (I think) twice. I think they deserved at least 5 placements higher and at least a 90. What does everybody else think that saw Chino and all the other scholastic open guards?

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

umm no

Post by iminguard » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:58 pm

I think u guys r missing the point ur dropping alot or a little has little to do with your over all score. theres a lot more than if u drop that goes into your score you have to look at the show overall as a whole. My school dropped twice and we hit over an eighty i know shows that didnt even use weapons and got higher so u have to look at the big pic.
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

handgunsandsecondchances
Rookie
Rookie

Post by handgunsandsecondchances » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:59 pm

ya...... we had a bad run........... :?
I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes! Hey, better try the emergency brake!

Woodbridge HS -
"It Spins Us Around" 2003
"Pacific 231" 2004
"Master Of Suspense" 2005

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:53 pm

handgunsandsecondchances wrote:ya...... we had a bad run........... :?
awww....i'm sorry! good luck to you guys this weekend!
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by RifleDiva86 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:35 pm

omg! I really though chino did a lot better than that too! they are so amazing!! I also thought Aimachi should have been placed higher, not because they used batons, but because they were great...whenever they do movement, they are in complete unison...all of them having the same body type gives them a great advantage...But their equipment besides baton was great too...So I think that they should have been placed at least in 4th place over Raiders...but that's just my opinion...

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

Re: aimachi

Post by RifleLova » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:59 pm

RifleLova wrote:i was wondering if Aimachi should have been higher...i thought they did better than seventh place but was it the use of batons?? cuz that's not equipment or something???
anybody have an idea why?? cuz i thought they should have taken fourth also, beating san jose raiders. incase i wasnt' clear, i mean't were they lower than supposed because they used batons...because batons are not really equipment so they could only be counted for them as props??
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

rifledude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by rifledude » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:45 pm

regarding aimachi and the batons, the batons didnt effect their placement...anything up to a certain length is considered equipment. if you spin a prop of some sort..its considered equipment.

yellow
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by yellow » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:54 pm

I wish I had my rule book to quote it, but I'm pretty sure that it says equipment has to be a certain way. I know flags have to be a certain height and have to have a silk to be considered equipment, also I think it says that rifles and sabres have to look like guns or swords respectivley either past, present and I think it even says future to cover those weird comma looking riffles. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is baton is not a peice of equipment.

Not that I think it effected Aimachi all that much, their staff is smart, I'm sure they had plenty of equipment time. I would like to know that if a baton is not considered equipment, do the GE judges count baton drops as failed effects the way they would with traditional equipment?

I, like everyone else loved Aimachi. They are fun above all else and that's what I like to see in color guard, people having fun, and communicating that to their audience. I'm curious as to why people think they should have come in 4th and not 3rd seeing as how the two placements were only half a point away. And did anyone else realize pride was only .45 away from NL??