Bumped up?

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

VHSGuardSoxRocker
New Recruit
New Recruit

Bumped up?

Post by VHSGuardSoxRocker » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:00 pm

There are some shows this year in Regional A that are totally awesome and seem like they could make it in Regional AA...I think Van Nuys has a killer show, it's so entertaining. What shows do you think are good enough to be bumped up a division? On the other hand, what shows do you think could stand to be moved down a division?

*P.S.-What do you all think of Valencia (from Valencia)?*

Sunshine! :P
"It is my nature to join in love, not hate."
-Antigone

katweston

Post by katweston » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:10 am

I'm in Sacramento so I haven't seen the SoCal guards this year. I just wanted to give props to Benicia Middle School for dominating the RA division in the CCGC this year. They had a very entertaining, well performed show, and scored like a 91 at championships! I am very curious to see if they get moved up a level next year, considering they are a middle school. Which leads me to ask, what is the highest division a middle school / junior high has participated in?

dancingrl
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dancingrl » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:29 pm

As far as I know the highest a middle school has performed is Scholastic A...I think there are more then one but I'm not too sure on that one. I really think BMS will get bumped up next year, if they build on what they had this year
Favorite phrases...
"Is the guard ready?"
"You may now take the floor in competition!"

OHH I LOVE ME SOME DRUMMERS!!!

ColorguardBHS2004
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ColorguardBHS2004 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:46 pm

Anyone can get bumped up :lol: I am from Bellflower high school we started out in 1A and then 2A and now we are in intermediate A which is a really cool for us and also very special because its my last year in the guard. It was also :drop: shocking to us all. All I have to say is practice and work hard and you all can move up some time :wink:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL 8-)
If you drop oh well pick it up and keep on going! DUH

Practice so you won't SUCK (please do it for me)

Boohoo I miss colorguard and I miss my kick A$$ guard. I love you all! Bellflower Guard your still my FLOWERS

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Bumped up?

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:01 pm

VHSGuardSoxRocker wrote:There are some shows this year in Regional A that are totally awesome and seem like they could make it in Regional AA...I think Van Nuys has a killer show, it's so entertaining. What shows do you think are good enough to be bumped up a division? On the other hand, what shows do you think could stand to be moved down a division?
What kind of show is Van Nuys doing this year? We're up against them next weekend at WGASC Champs and I've never seen their routine.

There's not really any guards that I've seen that I think should be moved up. At our first comp this year, we competed against Los Alamitos (now in 2A) and got second. (Them and Bellflower were the only ones I wanted to see moved up and they were) Our advisor didn't want us to move up so we had to take our major exchange tosses out. If we had kept them in, we probably would've moved up. Our routine is pretty good but, this is only our first year in WGASC (after a 5 year leave from WGASC...that year was the actual first year our school went)...so it's kinda good that we stayed in RA.

If you wanna see my school's performance, or just wanna tell me how it is and what could've been better. We're gonna be in RA Yellow at Champs and we perform at 5:54 PM.

~nhsflaggie04
Impulse Drum & Bugle Corps
Color Guard '04

Los Angeles All-District Honor Band
Coach 2004-2005

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:10 pm

katweston wrote:I'm in Sacramento so I haven't seen the SoCal guards this year. I just wanted to give props to Benicia Middle School for dominating the RA division in the CCGC this year. They had a very entertaining, well performed show, and scored like a 91 at championships! I am very curious to see if they get moved up a level next year, considering they are a middle school. Which leads me to ask, what is the highest division a middle school / junior high has participated in?
yay! i'm from benicia high and i've seen our middle school's show a few times and am so amazed! since i was there 3 years ago, that program has really been brought up so many levels. thanks to george for giving the middle school a guard they can be proud of! that'd be really exciting if they get bumped up and i'm really happy for them!
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mad City » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:16 pm

nhsflaggie04 wrote:
What kind of show is Van Nuys doing this year? We're up against them next weekend at WGASC Champs and I've never seen their routine.
~nhsflaggie04
Van Nuys is doing an Indian belly dance type show. Awsome! They are sure to be top three overall in RA. Who is NHS?
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done"

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:16 pm

Mad City wrote:
nhsflaggie04 wrote:
Van Nuys is doing an Indian belly dance type show. Awsome! They are sure to be top three overall in RA. Who is NHS?
NHS is uh...Narbonne High School. We're doing a Pirates of the Caribbean theme. We have black and white striped pants and black pirate shirts (in case anyone has seen us at any comps) We're from Harbor City. It's near Long Beach, Torrance, and Huntington Beach (it's somewhere in there). We're in the same school district as Van Nuys but have never competed against them.

~nhsflaggie04
Color Guard '04

Coach 2004-2005

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:17 pm

Mad City wrote:
nhsflaggie04 wrote:
NHS is uh...Narbonne High School. We're doing a Pirates of the Caribbean theme. We have black and white striped pants and black pirate shirts (in case anyone has seen us at any comps) We're from Harbor City. It's near Long Beach, Torrance, and Huntington Beach (it's somewhere in there). We're in the same school district as Van Nuys but have never competed against them.

~nhsflaggie04
Color Guard '04

Coach 2004-2005

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:19 pm

Disregard the second message! Sorry.
Color Guard '04

Coach 2004-2005

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mad City » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:21 am

nhsflaggie04 wrote:
Mad City wrote:
nhsflaggie04 wrote: Who is NHS?
NHS is uh...Narbonne High School. nhsflaggie04
Ahh yes Narbonne, you guys are having a pretty good season. I belive we're in the same round on Saturday. (Valencia HS) Good Luck! Hope we all medal!
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done"

Mad City
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mad City » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:23 am

nhsflaggie04 wrote:
Mad City wrote:
nhsflaggie04 wrote: Who is NHS?
NHS is uh...Narbonne High School. nhsflaggie04
Ahhh yes Narbonne, you guys are having a pretty good season. You have a tough round. You're going head to head with Van Nuys, Colony, and Mira Mesa JV!

Good Luck! I don't know how the cards will fall in the end but I hope we all medal!

nhsflaggie04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by nhsflaggie04 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:40 pm

Mad City wrote:
nhsflaggie04 wrote:
Mad City wrote: NHS is uh...Narbonne High School. nhsflaggie04
Ahhh yes Narbonne, you guys are having a pretty good season. You have a tough round. You're going head to head with Van Nuys, Colony, and Mira Mesa JV!

Good Luck! I don't know how the cards will fall in the end but I hope we all medal!
Good luck to you too. Have fun! I hope to see your show.
Color Guard '04

Coach 2004-2005