Fantasia vs. Northern Lights

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

RifleDiva86
New Recruit
New Recruit

Fantasia vs. Northern Lights

Post by RifleDiva86 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:11 pm

I am a hardcore Fantasia fan, but at finals, I think Northern Lights got screwed. NL had a much better run than Fantasia did at finals. Fantasia had many breaks in their show while I only saw one small one in NL show....I was just wondering how everyone felt about this topic.

crack it
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crack it » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:47 pm

i personally like both of them the same, though i thought the scores could have been closer. I think the reason Fantasia took first was that they have such a powerful show, and I mean if they can make people in the audience cry if they didnt even know Stanley, then thats pretty amazing. I thought they had a great show at finals. Northern Lights had an awesome show. It was really hard work, and it was clean, but I think a lot of people might like them better because they are all guys. Don't get me wrong, i love their show, but I don't think they got screwed. They got a great score, and everyone loved them.
ya

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iminguard » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:05 pm

Personally i believe they were both extrememly wonderful shows and though i am a total northern lights fan i believe fantasias show was awesome. i believe that fantasia had the perfromance quality and northern lights had the equipment work. in the end they both had winning shows and i enjoyed both very much but equally different.
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

fairfieldGuardGuy

Post by fairfieldGuardGuy » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:29 pm

i really like NL's show a lot but Fantasias show was very touching especially since one of my instructors is from there and he looked like he was going to cry at the end of the show and we were all kinda sad..but it was the first time that he waved to us after a show..and we were like shocked because he never does. he is also the one that made up our show and i thank him for that

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

fantasia rules

Post by RifleLova » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:04 pm

i might be a little biased...or a lot because Fantasia's my favorite guard but i think the scores should have been closer but yet still makin Fantasia world champions. Fantasia had such an amazing show, extracting so much emotion from the crowd, making people cry and such that i believe they deserved the gold medal
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

yellow
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by yellow » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:17 am

I personally think Fantasia had the better run. It could totally be just the way I saw the show, but every big effect seemed almost flawless. Especially the sabre toss when it says to embrace the rain. The sabres went up and down perfectly and we're all cracked! I did see a break here and there, but not very substantial breaks. And the recoveries were almost as amazing as the show! Just my thoughts. Both groups obviously had incredible shows. All of world class finals was a big treat, you don't usually start the night out with a standing ovation...

Congrats to everyone! This was the best WGI ever!!

guarddude
Veteran
Veteran

Post by guarddude » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:46 am

NL = Too many cirlce formations. That's my only thing. Fantasia used lots of different types of formations.

mumba182

Post by mumba182 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:00 am

ok guard dude nl show like was based around the boy in the middle, i forget his name but i know hes 16, and like so the circles are liek total well if you dont get that then you need help i think. fantasias show was a whole lot better then it has been they did do a lot to there show. It was at the point that when we were watching there shows it was liek oooooo nl going to take it for sure, then fantasia went on and i was like ooo thats a tough one but in a way i wanted fantasia to win for mykail cause he is our insturctor and everyone said it was his last year and he was trying not to cry in the show so you know i wanted them to win for him. but i reallllllllllllllllllllly wanted nl to win too cause i love them and rick sanders hes so cute and so i wanted them to win casue i like them and him. o ya if anyone knows anyone from nl can you let me know i love them so much.ooooo ya whats up with the san jose radiers show.

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:36 pm

gh3ttogirly wrote:ooooo ya whats up with the san jose radiers show.
what do you mean?
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:07 pm

i love the northern lights!! so i guess i am kind of biased too. plus i didnt go. but according to the previous performances by both guards, i like NL's show more.

mumba182

Post by mumba182 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:26 pm

sorry i didnt mean san jose raiders i liked there show i got it mixed up with another guard but we cant remember who the other guard was

fairfieldGuardGuy

Post by fairfieldGuardGuy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:08 pm

guarddude wrote:NL = Too many cirlce formations. That's my only thing. Fantasia used lots of different types of formations.
The chick at their booth said that there are circle formations so you can see the show from wherever you're sitting (like all around the arena).
im not sure if thats exactly correct but it seems to be.

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iminguard » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:28 pm

My guess is that northern lights wanted us to see that the boy was the focal point of the whole theme.
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:28 pm

thats cool if it is right!

mumba182

Post by mumba182 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:27 pm

well the boy is the the main part of there show cuase if you see the movie its like him telling the story of his trip with his dad almost. so i think the circles kinda like the show revolves around the boy you know if that makes any sence