Tell the truth...

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

Flash220

Tell the truth...

Post by Flash220 » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:36 pm

how many people cried during Fantasias performance? Or atleast had to hold it in. Lord knows I did... and i didint even know Stanley! it is truly one of the most brilliant shows Fantasia has ever done in my opinion. You can perform and make an audience happy, angry, or even scared! but to perform so well to make the audience sad, to truly feel emotionaly moved, that is true talent! bravo Fantasia! i cant wait to see it again at WGASC champs!

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:18 pm

Yeah, I started to feel teary-eyed especially on the line that said something like "all you have left is the memories". It just really hit me since I have experienced a loss before so I knew what they were talking about even if it was not the same person.
It was a great show though, such a turn-around from last year, but they did it very nicely!
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

its all about the guard
New Recruit
New Recruit

lyrics?

Post by its all about the guard » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:07 am

anyone know the lyrics of their show? cuz sometimes its hard for me to understand it from the echoin in the gym..

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:37 am

wow, i really wish i could have seen them :cry:

what song/theme are they doing?
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

luckiecg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by luckiecg » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:27 pm

i think the lyrics are posted in a different thread...
i didn't cry because i'd seen it before, but it definately moved me. it's a great show.
You can always do it...so just shut up and do it.

LibertyPress
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LibertyPress » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:40 pm

I have to say that this is the most emotional show I have ever seen. The part where the text said "the memories are all we have" or something to that effect, I couldn't help but look at all my team mates around me and cry.

I'm going to miss them.

Vanishing Act by Lou Reed

It must be nice to disappear
to have a vanishing act
to always be looking forward
and never looking back

How nice it is to disappear
float into a mist
with a young lady on your arm
looking for a kiss

It might be nice to disappear
to have a vanishing act
to always be looking forward
never look over your back

float into a mist
looking for a kiss

to have a vanishing act
to always be moving forward
and never looking back

How nice it is to disappear
float into a mist
looking for a kiss

Looking for a kiss
float into a mist
One mo again.

crispcookie88
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by crispcookie88 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:06 pm

Even though I had seen their show many times before, I was on the brink of crying on Saturday. It just touched me differently when i saw them that time. Also one of our instructors is on the guard and when he waved to us after the show, you could just see the love he has for fantasia and winterguard in general.
chewy cookies are good, but crisp cookies are better....

LHScg
New Recruit
New Recruit

waterfalls

Post by LHScg » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:21 pm

I have never cried so hard in my life and I also didn't know stanley wish i had though...plus ive actually seen the show abut six time but the finals one hit tthe hardest...I think you mustbe very powerful to make someone cry through perfomance

hey leo do you have the narration?

SmIlIeGuArDGaL

tears

Post by SmIlIeGuArDGaL » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:48 pm

after our performance i cried and cried till i had no tears left. our intructor talked to us and when we went to see the world guard shows Fantasias show made more sence than ever even though i had seen them many times before. when i get old this year will always stick ount in my mind. Fantasias show and my instructors have changed they way i think about life and how i go in to different things. to everyone in my guard i will miss you emensly and i luv you all, you have all changed my life in some way and you will always be in my memories because "memories are all we have left." Fantasias show was amazing and they are great people i got my picture taken with them they are all soooo nice!!!! YAY!!!!

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iminguard » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:01 pm

Omg i have seen Fantasia all year and thier show really didnt seem like much but when i saw them on Friday i was so sad it just touched me in a way i didnt think the show could. it was truly amazing the perfromance quality and expression everyone had on the team.
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:03 pm

i got teared up i didnt quite cry but i was getting close. at my school we recently had a 15 year old girl pass away in a house fire and it affected all the people at our school. this show just kinda hit me cuz it made me realize we really only have the memories....
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

love fantasia!!

Post by RifleLova » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:07 pm

i got a little teary eyed also and i couldn't even move let alone speak during the performance. i was frozen in my seat watching them. it was also amazing to see my instructor out there, such an awesome dancer and they're just so good!
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

ColorguardBHS2004
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ColorguardBHS2004 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:19 am

The first time I seen the show I didn't :? understand it! Now that someone :) explained it to me I get now its sad the words make me :cry: treary its all good. I think their show is really nice :wink:
If you drop oh well pick it up and keep on going! DUH

Practice so you won't SUCK (please do it for me)

Boohoo I miss colorguard and I miss my kick A$$ guard. I love you all! Bellflower Guard your still my FLOWERS

FairfieldGuardBoi

fantAsiA!

Post by FairfieldGuardBoi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:03 pm

yes.. i must admit.. iw as really on the burge of crying after fantasia's show..
really.. it was.. bout the 3rd time ive seen the show.. nd the one @ finals was really emotional for me.. like crispcookie said.. one of our instructor is there nd it was going to be his last performace after like.. i dunno how many years..
nd then wen i saw that lyrics it made me think about it even more!!
that reminds me.. i should get the iw dvd.. hm..
but back to the subject.. their show was very touching..
"it must be nice to disappear.. nd never looking back"..
wouldnt that be the best line if you're not coming back to your guard after uve been it more then few years..?
but go fantasia! im very glad that they got first place..