Best Final Fantasy Game Ever?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

What is the best Final Fantasy game ever?

Final Fantasy
6%
Final Fantasy IV (II U.S.)
6%
Final Fantasy V
6%
Final Fantasy VI (III U.S.)
25%
Final Fantasy VII
25%
Final Fantasy VIII
19%
Final Fantasy IX
No votes
Final Fantasy X
13%
Final Fantasy Tactics
No votes

Total votes: 16

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Best Final Fantasy Game Ever?

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:20 pm

In one's opinion, what is your favorite, or what do you think, is the best FF game ever made?

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:29 pm

In this poll, I only included the FF games that have been released in America so far...although the original II and III, as well as I(came out for NES) will be re-released for PS soon!

For me (and this was tough), it would have to be Final Fantasy VI, which is also known as III for the Super Nintendo. It was the last 2D Final Fantasy game, yet the graphics were still impressive. It also had a superb story and an awesome battle system. The thing I like most though is the music (See how band relates to all of this? Lol). FF6 simply has the best music out of any of the FF games. I still get chills listening to the Final Boss Theme when fighting Kefka.

My runner-up is Tactics. This was another game that was truly impressive. Great story, great gameplay, great music...and the battle system is cool!

Well anyway, what's your favorite FF game?

DBbaby
New Recruit
New Recruit

haha

Post by DBbaby » Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:23 pm

funnie poll but gotta hand it to cloud... that game was awesome.... it also was great to pass time...... FF7, but all of them are realli good...... i havent played 10 but i hear thats good too....... BUT BUT BUT, ive had only one problem with the FF series... it was with FF9, haha i realli couldnt get into the characters that much, zidaine didnt do it for me, sorry to say.

SoCalSpinN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SoCalSpinN » Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:05 am

I agree. Cloud was an extremely complex character. He made FFVII.
Acronymphos love to have S.E.X.

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:08 pm

Ah yes! FF7 was a good game. The characters were very interesting; Cloud was the most intriguing. Sephiroth though...what a bad dude! I still think Kefka is the best FF bad guy (another reason I like 6), but I remember the first time I played FF7, and during that whole flashback thing where Sephiroth goes from good to evil, I got scared for the first time in a video game.

FF9 was an FF game I did not like at all. It was too kiddy. Sorry, like the new Square game Kingdom Hearts, I just can't believe little kids are the heros who are conquering some supernatural force of evil. FF9 truly ruined the experience for me.

I have to rent FF10 again sometime though. I rented it one time and only got about 10 minutes into it, and turned it off...it was too weird for me. I dunno, the futuristic FF games haven't been too good.

John K
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by John K » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:29 pm

3 (6 I guess) & 7. Don't really play games anymore, but those two rock my socks. 3's the one that got me into it. And I like everything about 7. I didn't like how they changed the limit breaks after 7 though.

DBbaby
New Recruit
New Recruit

ahhhhhhh yes

Post by DBbaby » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:59 pm

i heard kindom hearts is one crappy game... i heard there was no MAIN story line but just a lot of little ones.... everything is good with the FF series except 9 as i had already mentioned AND AND THE MOVIE...... okai if someone had made a movie of just FF7 or FF6, it would have been absolutely amazing... BUT that piece of crap they put out, waste of time..... all that hype... all that wait... all the rumors... and for THAT PIECE of CRAP... it wasnt even worth a RENTAL.....

The_Bluebird

You guys are wrong!

Post by The_Bluebird » Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:48 pm

Okay now. Sorry to show ya up, but FFVIII is the best. The first time I ever played Final Fantasy game was Christmas 2 years ago, and it was 8. It was so interesting that I bought the others and beat them all, with all secrets and sidequests and everything. In fact, for 8 and 9, I even bought the strategy guides to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I found more stuff than the guides had! Anyways, 8 is the best. It got me hooked, and I can't find anything else to compete. Besides, Rinoa is (insert nice word and drool here). :oops: Okay, well, its time to go. Just thought I'd show ya'll what was true! lol!
Later!
-The Bluebird-

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible, is music."
-Aldous Huxley

TimpaniMaster

Post by TimpaniMaster » Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:11 pm

Final Fantasy 8 was a good game, despite what many say. But the best has to be Final Fantasy 3, with 7 in 2nd, and 10 in 3rd. 4th would be 2, and 8 would have to be the fifth.

Why did I rank 8 so poorly? True, Triple Triad was a rediculously addictive card game and is still super fun, and the characters were good, but the storyline was woefully crappy. 'Hey we all went to the same orphanage and forgot! How convenient! Our enemy is our former friend, and wait she's our friend again!' It has to be one of the weakest storylines in a RPG to date. Also the draw system was good in theory, but horribly executed. Summonings took too long. On the upside, the Ragnarok is the best vehicle yet.

SoCalSpinN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SoCalSpinN » Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:42 pm

what about the magic system in FF8. I kinda liked it, really easy to get a grasp of. And yes, Ragnarok was one fly ride. Even if it sounds like it should be a Pokemon.
Acronymphos love to have S.E.X.

TimpaniMaster

Post by TimpaniMaster » Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:40 pm

The magic system itself without the drawing was ok, but if you drew 99 of the best spells you could take out anything if you lived long enough. Just put on No Encounter and go the Islands of Heaven and Hell and spend several hours just going 'draw draw draw'.

Ragnarok has been used in other Final Fantasy games before, I was glad it was used again and not poorly.

Out of curiosity, what is the infatuation with the name Cid in the FF series?

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Dunno

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 8:02 pm

I have absolutely no idea why they put Cid in every game. Must have some kind of deeper significance.

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:46 am

I am going to have to say that FF2(American) is my favorite. This was the first FF game that I played, and I fell in love with it. I am a sucker for RPG's, and I have to admit that I like FF7 and FF3(American), but FF2(American) is my absolute favorite of all time.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

hboyce
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by hboyce » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:47 pm

FF5 is the best. Followed by FF6. I woul dhave to tie FF4 and FF7. FF8 and FF9 both steaming piles. Crappy storylines. Impersonal characters. Way way too short for both how many discs is was and being an FF game. And both way too easy. FF1 FF2 FF3 were all ok I guess. I never really played much of them. I've never played FF10, but I hear it's good. But the same was said about FF8 and FF9.
--Hunter

Tons O' Fun

Post by Tons O' Fun » Mon Dec 23, 2002 7:05 pm

I love FFIII (VI in Japan). It was the first FF game I had ever played. That game rocked my world. I was hooked. Is anyone into the soundtracks? I have at least one form of a soundtrack for games FFIV-FFVIII. My favorites are the arranged CD's played with a live orchestra. Those are awesome. My favorite!
But listen to the color of your dreams, it is not living, it is not living
Or play the game, existence to the end, of the beginning, of the beginning...