mean guards

Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

colorguardchicken02

mean guards

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:52 pm

hey. my guard has been having this problem lately. see, durring feild season we got a new instructor. and none of us really liked her. so half of the girls broke off and are doing an independent guard. (some of u might know them, forbidden unity) but at like everyone of our comps, they are there and they sit in the stands and laugh at us. and one of them even said "it was painfull to watch you perform. i wouldnt even call it competeing. you made adrian cry. how can u even have the dignaty to go out there and perform like that?" to jade. :evil: normally, i dont care what ppl think of me or say about me but in a case where i have been working at something and im competeing at it and someone is laughing at me, i care. :( weve tried being nice to them but they are still mean. what can we do to shut them up????? :cry:

iminguard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iminguard » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:02 am

if you ignore them theyll leave you alone.
Breath in the music Breath out your performance.....

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:11 am

Venom response:
Just because you quit and miss it and know we've gotten better without you, doesn't mean you have to try and bring us down. We like *instructor* and she didn't like you. Get over yourselves.

Nice response:
I don't know what the deal is with you but we've been nothing but nice. You're just making yourselves look bad. Our work is paying off and I hope you get over your drama with us and try and support us. We don't deserve to be treated unfairly by you.

Hope that helps. We're kind of going through the same thing with two girls that quit last year. They both got fat and bitter and now they go around throwing one of our girls' stuff around. They even harass me in the halls. They're just bitter cause they left and we didn't care. We've gotten really good. Just keep your head up and don't let the evil kids phase you. Either that or throw a five and drop it on their heads. :D KIDDING!!!!
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:42 am

how did they manage to form their own guard? i saw them and it didnt look like they had an instructor. well, that could explain it. anyway, just act nicely and ignore them and they should get off of your back. keep your dignity.

ColorguardBHS2004
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ColorguardBHS2004 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:21 pm

I know what you mean because their is a lot of mad dogging at the shows even against other high level guard. their is a guard that one of them has problem with me,but she ain't worth it. just let that gurl talk her Crap and laugh at her make her look stupid
If you drop oh well pick it up and keep on going! DUH

Practice so you won't SUCK (please do it for me)

Boohoo I miss colorguard and I miss my kick A$$ guard. I love you all! Bellflower Guard your still my FLOWERS

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:15 pm

she shouldnt do that! dont be mean because the whole problem will just escalate. she should just ignore these girls and they will eventually get bored and realize that their ex-teammates have been the bigger people

Iluvweapon

Re: mean guards

Post by Iluvweapon » Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:41 pm

well to let all of you know i am the captian of forbidden unity... my name is adrienne and to let all of you know we dont sit in the stands and laugh at them. we sit in the stands and cry because of how much the program has gone down hill. we have an instructor. it doesnt matter if we get first all the time because no one is in our division. what we do makes us the better person because we avoided conflict this way. we went through a field season with two instructors. the first one taught us work, drill, and dance movement, then the band director fires her a week before our first comp. then he tells us that he doesnt have another instructor lined up and then next thing you know on monday we have a new instructor. we teach her the show, then we make up work... she doesnt like it but refuses to teach anything else. she says that she has the whole show made up and that she just needs to teach us... we didnt even have 2/3 of our show done by our last comp. doesnt sound like a good instructor to me. i apologize to the ramona high school guard for anything offensive that forbidden unity has said or done to you. we left because we wanted a season that would be fair to us, the girls who have been there since the beginning. anyone who has any questions or comments please feel free to express your true opinions. ill take it seriously. sorry to all that i have offended.

riflebaby13
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by riflebaby13 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:27 pm

Venom response:
Just because you quit and miss it and know we've gotten better without you, doesn't mean you have to try and bring us down. We like *instructor* and she didn't like you. Get over yourselves.

Nice response:
I don't know what the deal is with you but we've been nothing but nice. You're just making yourselves look bad. Our work is paying off and I hope you get over your drama with us and try and support us. We don't deserve to be treated unfairly by you.
nicely put nessa!

colorguardchicken02

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:05 pm

im sorry about the post that was here before. my friend posted it. please stop like yelling at me im just trying to get advice. they laugh at us and make us feel so small that we cant even peerform like we do at practices. it really hurts and im just trying to get help thanks :crying:
Last edited by colorguardchicken02 on Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:54 pm

wow. i think this is a conflict that should be handled offline. you say you are being the mature one, but then you would know that you need to talk about this offline. everyone can see what you are posting and it is certainly not helping the situation at all. solve this problem at another place, or mods may (hopefully) lock this thread.

Iluvweapon

Post by Iluvweapon » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:03 pm

i never said that she was going to redo the show... i said that she had it completed but she had to teach us. and i never said were the best. i know that were not. i wouldnt say it if it wasnt true. sorry to all again.

colorguardchicken02

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:50 am

guardee101 wrote:wow. i think this is a conflict that should be handled offline. you say you are being the mature one, but then you would know that you need to talk about this offline. everyone can see what you are posting and it is certainly not helping the situation at all. solve this problem at another place, or mods may (hopefully) lock this thread.
that acually wasnt me. i gave my pw to a friend and she posted that. so sorry to mods and stuff

tamersabha

i love spock

Post by tamersabha » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:02 am

Spock is my bestest friend. I love Spock. Hey...I just kinda wanted to get on this forum thingy because uh..yeah. I support my high school's PAGEANTRY team. lol im in NJROTC so yeah i dont think they're color GAURD cuz they arent gaurding colors but they're gaurding the band..so they're gard to me. oh please dont let this start an issues. I LOVE SPOCK!!!! aheh..heh...heheh.. :lol:

colorguardchicken02

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:06 am

jena is retarded. hehehehe :lol: anyway, forrbiddin unity wont be at our next comp(unless they REALLY wanna get there 8 HOURS EARLY!!!!!!!!!!) cuz they split the awards up into 2 sections. and at finals they arent in ours soooooo yea. tee hee. :roll:

tamersabha

Post by tamersabha » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:28 am

I resent that. i am NOT retarded!!!! Sarah knows she loves me. Wanna see pics of sarah? go to my website. hahaha. lol i luv ya Sarah-Bearh. u know u love me too!!! bff. :D