Conversations about the fabulous art of color guard, both field and court

Moderators: laurab, Gallagher, guardthepiccolo

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Who goes?

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:01 am

Who goes to your shows?

This weekend we had a double show; Friday and Saturday, very crazy.

Friday -
My boyfriend and Foureyes85 came
Two kids from my English class
a bugillion bandos

Saturday -
My boyfriend and TMRsaxyDM
My mom, little bro and stepdad
My sister!!!! She came home from Jerusalem and surprised me
My meme and pepe (grandma and grandpa)

Sidenote:
Friday night I said I missed my sister and wanted her to come home.
Saturday morning I walked by the flower booth and told my guard I was going to buy myself a rose because I never get any. My grandma gave me a bouqet, my boy bought me a purdy rose and my mommy bought me a purdy rose.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:44 am

thats so cool. i never get flowers at competitions. umm...usually my family and maybe a few friends come. the girls that are dating people in band always bring their boyfriends, plus the guys bring a bunch of other bandoes, so that is always cool.

broken_panda
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by broken_panda » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:50 pm

My family almost always goes to the competitions, even my younger brother. My dad always brings his video camera to tape the show so we can watch it at rehearsal. It's hard for my boyfriend to come because he usually has to go to the drumline shows. But he tries to make it to at least one show.

Congrats to Trabuco this weekend!
I saw your show yesterday and it is really cute!
No great was ever achieved without enthusiasm

'do drill, not drugs'

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:02 pm

broken_panda wrote:My family almost always goes to the competitions, even my younger brother. My dad always brings his video camera to tape the show so we can watch it at rehearsal. It's hard for my boyfriend to come because he usually has to go to the drumline shows. But he tries to make it to at least one show.

Congrats to Trabuco this weekend!
I saw your show yesterday and it is really cute!
Thanks! That's really sweet of you.

I always appreciate it like crazy when my boyfriend comes. Our guard is very big on rules and discipline (Trabuco trademark) so he's not really allowed to talk to me and hang out. Sometimes we can hang out and stuff but last night one of our guard moms rudely told him and TMRsaxy to leave. I was really upset and sad. I understand the rules; I just didn't appreciate her being rude to my friends.

My brother came to my show for the first time... ever. He only came because my grandparents were coming. I'm the first one in my family to do colorguard, it steps out of my sister's shadow so they were all kinda just like "wow."

Woot woot to the power of colorguard.
Uh-oh for life!

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Post by guardee101 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:19 pm

you guys cant talk to anyone? wow. is that only while you are warming up, beacause that is what we do to. can you guys hang after you perform?

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:13 pm

flagchild06 wrote:I always appreciate it like crazy when my boyfriend comes. Our guard is very big on rules and discipline (Trabuco trademark) so he's not really allowed to talk to me and hang out. Sometimes we can hang out and stuff but last night one of our guard moms rudely told him and TMRsaxy to leave. I was really upset and sad. I understand the rules; I just didn't appreciate her being rude to my friends.
haha yea they were REALLY REALLY rude..

it made me soo mad that i almost crashed like 5 times on the ride come.
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:17 pm

guardee101 wrote:you guys cant talk to anyone? wow. is that only while you are warming up, beacause that is what we do to. can you guys hang after you perform?
Boys that aren't family or helping. We can hang out all we want with anyone who isn't our boyfriend or who has the possibility of being our boyfriend. It's an issue from last year when a stupid girl who quit's boyfriend blatantly disrespected our director. So now not even regular male friends can come hang out with us or talk to us. I donno; it's rules :roll:

My only problem was that my friends were disrespected and there were boys there helping that had girlfriends on guard and some of the guard girls were like jumping on them and stuff and me and flagrat were like five feet from the TMR kids.
Uh-oh for life!

riflebaby13
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by riflebaby13 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:24 pm

ya that sucked. last year they ruined it for everyone. now we cant even give one of our "guy" friends a hug after we preform. it is so lame. :?

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

comps

Post by RifleLova » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:30 pm

that's how things are in my guard also. no talking to any guys especially if people know he's your boyfriend. usually i get my b/f and my friends to come to my competition. to the one in my school i get pratically EVERYONE to come! even some of my teachers as well as a lot of friends come. my boyfriend doens't go to that one though. he likes to come to the crazy ones that are very far away.
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

RifleDiva
Veteran
Veteran

Post by RifleDiva » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:37 pm

my parents come to all of them. :D i don't think i could get them to not come, but i'm glad they do! plus they are in charge of transporting the floors so they kind of have to. my best friend also comes to as many comps as she possible can. i don't have a boyfriend, so he doesn't come to watch me, lol. when we had our exhibition at school, all of my friends went, and it was way awesome to have that many people supporting me in something i love!
sometimes i can get people from church to come, but for some reason church events and guard comps always fall on the same day :(
it's cool cause i almost always have some one in the audience for me :)
c/o 2005

Love always hopes

CaptainKiki
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CaptainKiki » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:42 am

Well, five or six mothers drive us to the competitions, and it's usually the same ones. So my mom is always there...

A lot of families (including mine and my boyfriend's family) came to the Costa Mesa show because it was really close to home. A lot of band-os came, along with some other peers that weren't band-os (which was pretty cool, because most people outside of the Entertainment Corps aren't supportive of the Guard).

Sometimes boyfriends come, too. Not too often, but it happens. My boyfriend came to every show except for our first competition, and Vegas (Because... ...Well, Vegas is pretty far away.). I thought he wasn't going to come to RCC because he didn't come for our Pre-Lims performance, and I was bummed out since it was Valentine's Day. But then he came with my brother a few hours before Finals and surprised me. :o It was silly.

So we always have a little crowd... Even if it's only our coaches 8-) Silly coaches...

We have TONS of parents coming to our second day of Nationals, which is really exciting. Yay for supportive parents! I think most programs would be no where without them.
Woodbridge High School
2003 - "It Spins Us Around": (BE THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER! Not the Air Conditioner)
2004 - "Pacific 231": (GAME ON!)
2005 - "Master of Suspense": (In the RIDER)
Color Guard Co-Captain 2003-2005
Class of 2006 :)

guardee101
Rookie
Rookie

Re: comps

Post by guardee101 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:06 pm

RifleLova wrote:that's how things are in my guard also. no talking to any guys especially if people know he's your boyfriend. usually
our coaches are like friends with the boyfriends. as long as they keep quiet and dont distract anyone, we all love our boys!