NCBA Champs..... your views.

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

NCBA Champs..... your views.

Post by Spyder » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:22 pm

Ok... naturally i got to a computer before anyone else cause hey, i live in oroville, but anywho. CHAMPS.... howd it go for you? what did you like about saturday? what did you dislike? lets hear it! ok, ill start...it was a long day... ok im done. bye
no longer dealing with high school ^_^

"If it doesnt hurt your not doing it right,"-Darrin Byrd

drumma
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drumma » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:29 pm

it was SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!! omg we had the best show ever. it was so unbelievable. we absolutely smoked our show yesterday. it felt so good. we're all still buzzing about it today. it was just.... surreal. it was so great. we wanted nothing more than to play the greatest show ever for our seniors that are leaving this year and we did it. it was so amazing. after the show we were all screaming and crying and all that. everyone was hugging everyone else and... yea. it was just... perfect. even though we didnt take champs, we didnt care. it was awesome. and our instructors were all just so proud of us and how we did, that was all that mattered. i CANNOT WAIT til next year! *jumps around* but im really tired. lol
-dani
fhs percussion captain

"the sucking is out" <-WE MISS YOU RICK!!!

G-E-T-N-A-K-E-D
Mallets 02/03/04/05
Pit Captain 03/04/05
Bass #5 Summer 04

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:30 pm

wow nor cal has their champs early... down here in So Cal we have two circuits... SCPA Champs are April 10 and ADLA champs are not till May 9th... :shock: The ADLA season is so long lol.
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

boostermama

Post by boostermama » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:18 pm

Why is this post so quiet? Oh, yeah, everyone is still TIRED!!!!!!!! After leaving at 7:30 a.m., returning at 4:15 the following a.m. and a very full day inbetween at Oroville...as a parent of a freshman I have to say...WHAT A FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE. I witnessed so much talent and dedication on the part of students and parents. Each person out there did a tremendous job. I hope everyone who participated agrees with Drumma who said "even though we didnt take champs, we didnt care. it was awesome. and our instructors were all just so proud of us and how we did, that was all that mattered." Congratulations to those who did take champs as well. Also, will someone please post if they know how the injured girl from the Granada color guard is doing? [/quote]
Who signed me up for this?

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spyder » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:22 pm

drumma wrote:it was SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!! omg we had the best effing show ever. it was so unbelievable. we absolutely smoked our show yesterday. it felt so good. omg. we're all still buzzing about it today. omg. it was just.... surreal. it was so great. we wanted nothing more than to play the greatest show ever for our seniors that are leaving this year and we did it. it was so amazing. after the show we were all screaming and crying and all that. everyone was hugging everyone else and... yea. it was just... perfect. even though we didnt take champs, we didnt care. it was awesome. and our instructors were all just so proud of us and how we did, that was all that mattered. i CANNOT WAIT til next year! *jumps around* but im really tired. lol
Now THAT is what drumline is all about. I totally hear you drumma. My show placed a third place in amateur, and winning scholastic so few years ago seems like it would be better, but i realized yesterday how much i didnt care about winning or losing. When you put all the emotion, and all of the power and strength of yesterdays competitions in one sentance, I would have to say, it was one Hell of a day.

Congrats to everyone not only who won trophies, but did your absolute best performance. Thanks for making my last championships exciting, as for all the other seniors as well.

wholelottasaywhat?
New Recruit
New Recruit

great day!

Post by wholelottasaywhat? » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:07 pm

Wow! All I have to say is that was the best NCBA champs I have ever been to. I enjoyed (thouroughly) 90% of the shows out there and loved seeing the emotions from all the performers. The shows just seem to be getting better and better from the lines as a whole. For that, the performers, instructors, band directors, and designers should feel great! Shows that took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th in lower classes would have been Open class calibur shows just a few years ago.

I know NCBA takes it's hits as an archaic and backwards circuit, but clearly the steps taken recently to move this circuit forward are working. I think having the guard and percussion at different sites was also a positive step. I know the percussion has been screwed by being in some ridiculous sites for champs (for example: Amador Valley's 2nd gym....3 rows of folding chairs...that was a JOKE and an insult to the percussion performers). Thank you NCBA for these steps, and thanks to Las Plumas and Oroville for hosting a great event.

Now....where can we get recaps?
...maybe that is the next step for NCBA! hahaha

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: great day!

Post by malletphreak » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:12 pm

wholelottasaywhat? wrote: Now....where can we get recaps?
...maybe that is the next step for NCBA! hahaha

LoL no kiddin...
Wendy
Kingsmen Alumni Corps 2007
Kingsmen Senior Corps 2009
San Francisco Renegades - 2010, 2011
San Francisco Renegades Assistant Corps Director - 2012, 2013

malletphreak
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by malletphreak » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:26 pm

courtsey of Fairfield's Percussion page

http://www.angelfire.com/music4/martian ... hamps.html
Last edited by malletphreak on Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wendy
Kingsmen Alumni Corps 2007
Kingsmen Senior Corps 2009
San Francisco Renegades - 2010, 2011
San Francisco Renegades Assistant Corps Director - 2012, 2013

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spyder » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:30 pm

Yes... amador valley... wasnt a very good gym lol

EternalGraceNote

Post by EternalGraceNote » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:16 am

Tokay High School (2000) was the best gym I can remember.

wholelottasaywhat?
New Recruit
New Recruit

size DOES matter

Post by wholelottasaywhat? » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:54 pm

Tokay was Okay...but why doesn't NCBA have the show somewhere like Logan HS. I went there for the regional again this year. That is the best venue I have been to for a show. I'm sure there are better, but going from Logan to any of the NCBA gyms I have been to....Vallejo, Oroville, Fairfield, Foothill, Tokay, etc...is a bit of a wake-up.

I think NCBA needs to find a NICE place for finals. The kids deserve, the parents deserve it, and for me and the maybe 5 other people that are just plain old fans that actually go to NCBA shows, we deserve it!

I'm not trying to slam Oroville. Like I said, they did a good job of hosting the show and it was a much better setting than the last few NCBA champs.

Bass2tubagod
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Bass2tubagod » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:54 pm

Logan IS sweet. Probably the best around Nor-Cal IMO.
I'm still Red, but blue thoughts are clouding my mind. Those who know drum corps know what I'm talking about.