Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

scvc

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets

Post by scvc » Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:29 am

Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets still has Colorguard and Horn spot availible for the 2004 summer. SCVC will be traveling to Denver for the 2004 DCI Championships. SCVC is the feeder program for the 6 time world champions Santa Clara Vanguard, get the training you need to help you make it to the Div 1 corps of your choice. Next camp is April 23-25 come check it out and see if you like it. For more information please visit http://www.scvanguard.org

quintdrummer

Post by quintdrummer » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:10 am

what the hell are talking 'bout. the vanquard and the cadets sre two different corps. there is no such thing as scvc, it is scv and the cadets. :stupid:

scvc

Post by scvc » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:20 am

For your information Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets are the Division 2 corps that is part of the Santa Clara Vanguard. SCVC is the 2000 Division 2 champions. Please get facts straight before you start posting information that you dont know about. And if you have looked at the website you would have seen that there are 2 corps part of the Santa Clara Organization.

SDAsnareplayer
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SDAsnareplayer » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:22 am

HA HA HA HA Dude... The vanguard cadets ARE a drum corp.! I cant remember but, they are a devision 2 or 3 (b or c) corp that you can march in before you tryout for a dev I corp, so you'l know what your doing when you get there. just like the blue devils and cadets... ALL three corps have a b and c corp.

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

hmm...dude.

Post by clusknay » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:49 pm

okay...to clarify.

First...scvc...stands for Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets. Not real brain surgery.
IT is and has NO relation to "The Cadets, Garfield, Cadets of Bergen County, Holy Name," or whatever the heck you want to call them these days.

Second, the Blue Devils are the ONLY corps that fields three units annually.

Lastly, it is not required by any corps that you have to march at least one year in Div II in order to march with a Div I corps...it's survival of the fittest chief. You're either good enough, or your not. It's that simple...regardless of where/how many years you have marched.

I hope this clarifies for you a bit...

-Dawg

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clusknay » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:51 pm

Way off topic...sorry. back to topic. Is the Cadet corps still planning on attending championships this year in Denver? IF so, you might also want to include that in your post.

cymplaya
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets

Post by cymplaya » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:56 pm

scvc wrote:Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets still has Colorguard and Horn spot availible for the 2004 summer. SCVC will be traveling to Denver for the 2004 DCI Championships.

8-ball
Veteran
Veteran

Post by 8-ball » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:03 pm

It is sad that this day in age, reading is a lost art.

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clusknay » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:04 pm

yea, sad indeed. skimming just doesn't cut it these days no matter who you believe.

whatever.

but...the post was edited (like mine) after my post. but hey, who cares, right?

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:27 pm

LOL... what a 42 buckaroo :lol:
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.